The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-23-2015, 02:54 AM
Imperial Majesty

One photo of the happy couple
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Many places in Stockholm had decorations regarding the wedding, this is a great one with the monogram of the couple.

All the staff of the Armed Forces taking part at the wedding got a memorial medal from the commandant-general.

Old 06-10-2015, 12:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

The fifth wedding anniversary is getting closer. Hänt i Veckan has chosen 13 magical moments from the wedding.
13 bilder som visar att Victorias och Daniels bröllop var som en dröm _ Hänt.se

Old 06-12-2015, 08:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Is there any reason why all the family have chosen to marry in June?
Old 06-12-2015, 08:59 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

June is a wedding month, but it seems to be an SRF tradition.
Old 06-19-2015, 04:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

Five years from the magical day today. Gallery from MSN
Victoria och Daniels bröllop_ Alla bilder och höjdpunkter

Remember Victoria and Daniel’s romantic wedding_ _ Royalista
Old 06-19-2015, 05:02 AM
Serene Highness

Now this was a lovely wedding ..............great pictures
Old 06-19-2015, 06:16 AM
Nobility

Best wedding ever and best couple!
Old 06-19-2015, 08:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Happy anniversary to this wonderful couple!
Old 06-22-2015, 01:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

Panoramas
http://wwwc.aftonbladet.se/ljudbilds.../pano_cube.swf

Photo of leaving the Cathedral
http://images.svd-cdn.se/images/d580...&fit=crop&q=60
Old 06-30-2015, 09:06 AM
Imperial Majesty

The official commemorative medal (silver) on the occasion of Her Royal Highness Crown Princess Victoria and Mr Daniel Westling's wedding on 19 June 2010.
In addition to members of the Royal Family and the families Sommerlath and Westling, this medal was given to all staff at the Royal Court and other officials at the wedding.
Medalj.nu -Kronprinsessan Victoria och Prins Daniels bröllopsminnestecken i silver VD_sBMM
Translation

The "wedding general" Håkan Pettersson got a golden medal. He was the only one to get a golden medal.
Medalj.nu -Kronprinsessan Victoria och Prins Daniels bröllopsminnestecken i guld - Enskilt minnestecken VD_sBMM(G)
Translation

The Armed Forces had their own commemorative medal, which I have posted earlier.
Old 06-30-2015, 09:16 AM
Heir Apparent

How cute of them!
Old 08-04-2015, 02:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

Regal and lovely photos of Victoria's former Marshal of the Court, Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg passing Madeleine and Carl Philip at the courtyard.
Old 08-12-2015, 08:25 AM
Majesty

I know this is a little off-topic and might need to be moved but, while reading the info about the wedding anniversary and revisiting their beautiful wedding, I was researching news sites and when talking about the long courtship of this lovely couple mention was often made that the King was dead set against the match and that Victoria was destined for a Danish Prince.

I followed each article which seemed to reference another and then another which just went round in circles. Still, I couldn't help but wonder which Danish Prince was the lucky man as Frederik was the heir to the throne of Denmark, and Victoria was the heir to the throne of Sweden, so that nixed them. So then I wondered if they knew something about what was going on in Joachim's marriage, but that makes no sense either. Are there other Danish Princes that we don't know of or is the term "Danish Prince" a euphemism for "any royal prince will do"?
Old 08-12-2015, 01:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I know this is a little off-topic and might need to be moved but, while reading the info about the wedding anniversary and revisiting their beautiful wedding, I was researching news sites and when talking about the long courtship of this lovely couple mention was often made that the King was dead set against the match and that Victoria was destined for a Danish Prince.

I followed each article which seemed to reference another and then another which just went round in circles. Still, I couldn't help but wonder which Danish Prince was the lucky man as Frederik was the heir to the throne of Denmark, and Victoria was the heir to the throne of Sweden, so that nixed them. So then I wondered if they knew something about what was going on in Joachim's marriage, but that makes no sense either. Are there other Danish Princes that we don't know of or is the term "Danish Prince" a euphemism for "any royal prince will do"?
I have never seen this rumour of Victoria meant for a Danish Prince at the swedish press, and as far as I remember, the swedish royal experts haven't spoken about that either. Just that the king wasn't at the beginning not sure at all, if Daniel could support Victoria at her important work at the way needed and the king was doubtful of their relationship because of Daniel's background.
Old 08-12-2015, 02:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post

I don't know where you have been researching but I would suggest using reputable sites.
Old 08-13-2015, 04:30 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
I have never seen this rumour of Victoria meant for a Danish Prince at the swedish press, and as far as I remember, the swedish royal experts haven't spoken about that either. Just that the king wasn't at the beginning not sure at all, if Daniel could support Victoria at her important work at the way needed and the king was doubtful of their relationship because of Daniel's background.
I think maybe DMO or some continental cousin probably started it and other quite reputable news media picked it up because the reference just seemed to go round in circles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
I don't know where you have been researching but I would suggest using reputable sites.
Excue me? If I wanted trash I would have been researching the DMO and its international cousins. However, LadyFinn has answered my question with both clarity and dignity and so, moving on . . .
Old 08-15-2015, 02:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

A couple of panoramas
wwp1210_ Royal Wedding in Stockholm _ The World Wide Panorama
Royal Wedding in Stockholm Sweden
Old 08-20-2015, 03:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

Säkerhetspolisen SÄPO (The Swedish Security Police) has an article in June at their website.
For the fifth year in a row organizes the Security Police the so-called Säpojoggen, where guards and other personnel of the Service conduct a shorter warming and workout, followed by a run through Visby.
But the story of Säpojoggen started in Stockholm, June 19th 2010, during the wedding of Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling. The wedding couple travelled at a cortege, which was lined with hundreds of thousands of people. They saw the couple with horses and carriage - flanked by four bodyguards from SÄPO. In dark suits and full equipment, they ran along the carriage during the entire procession, and quickly became a phenomenon talked about in social and traditional media. One of the bodyguards who ran there was Magnus:
- We received enormous attention, which I had not anticipated. Sms started coming from acquaintances already when the procession was still ongoing, and afterwards it was intense. Every detail was noted. I remember long discussions about what we had for shoes. Were they shoes used with suits or black sneakers? A lot was also written about our costumes: Were they made of functional material or ordinary cotton? And so on. I had black sneakers and a plain cotton suit. We had also full equipment - weapons, radios, vest and so on.
It sounds hot.
- It was. I sweated a lot. The carriage route was almost five kilometers long.
How tough was it?
- Physically, it was not hard at all. Neither the route or the speed was particularly challenging. But I was still very influenced afterwards - because of mental effort. It's easy to forget that our job was to find potential threats in a crowd of several hundred thousand people. It was tough.
Why you were one of those who ran beside the carriage?
- I had worked as a bodyguard to the Crown Princess about 1.5 years, and was an experienced runner, so it seemed natural that I would be one of those who ran.
- Horse-drawn open carriage through central Stockholm and big crowds - there is nothing we face in ordinary cases. Then came the idea to have bodyguards jogging next to the carriage. After that, we started to prepare ourselves. We also ran through the entire cortege route in full regalia early one morning a few weeks before the wedding. The few locals that were up so early got a surprise when we came, horses and carriage, jogging bodyguards and everything.
And then came the wedding day. Everything went as planned?
- We can say that. It was sunny and warm, which affected us so clearly, but otherwise it felt safe and quiet.
You were at the center of a historical event. Could you sense it?
- It was impressive to see how much people came to see the procession, but honestly you do not see a lot of the big picture. As a bodyguard, you are so focused on finding potential threats. I looked only occasionally on the bridal couple.
You got a lot of attention afterwards. How do you see it today?
- Working at the Security Service, you learn to live with that either our successes or our daily work is noticed. This time we got a lot of positive reactions, and it still warms my heart a little when I think about it, actually.
Han sprang den första Säpojoggen - Säkerhetspolisen
Translation
Old 08-20-2015, 06:31 PM
Heir Apparent

I've always wondered how the security managed to run for miles and be so on alert for the whole time! Interesting reading!
Old 08-20-2015, 07:00 PM
Royal Highness

This wedding was very beautiful. And there were all represented monarchies ...

Tags
crown princess victoria, daniel westling, prince daniel, stockholm, victoria, wedding