The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-20-2013, 08:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Brockdorf View Post
yes please if you can :)
For sure I'll get on it tonight when I get home.

Old 10-07-2013, 06:40 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
For sure I'll get on it tonight when I get home.
Hi- I don't know if you posted it somewhere but did you happen to get the links posted? If not that is fine! I have seen most of the wedding but not the end part I don't think :) I was also wondering if you knew where I could watch the BTS? Thanks!

Old 10-26-2013, 05:20 PM
Majesty

when you tell the world you're mine

Old 11-11-2013, 08:32 PM
Aristocracy

Does anyone remember the name of the beautiful music to which CP Victoria and P Daniel did their first dance?
Old 11-11-2013, 09:56 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissByrd View Post
Does anyone remember the name of the beautiful music to which CP Victoria and P Daniel did their first dance?
This one?
Old 11-11-2013, 10:14 PM
Aristocracy

Yes, SarahBellar. That's the YouTube clip. Now what is the name of the piece? Surely, Strauss? ��
Old 11-11-2013, 11:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissByrd View Post
Yes, SarahBellar. That's the YouTube clip. Now what is the name of the piece? Surely, Strauss? ��
Voices of Spring (Frühlingsstimmen) by Johann Strauss II
Old 11-12-2013, 10:24 AM
Aristocracy

SarahBellar and LadyFinn: Thank you to both. CP Victoria and P Daniel's wedding was so beautiful and it was gracious of them to allow all of us to share via TV. It was all that a Royal wedding could be. We can only assume that it was reflective of who they are. I especially enjoyed the music throughout the day, beginning with the musicians on the steps of the church. Ending the day with a Strauss waltz that makes you want to dance was perfect. And now, it is a pleasure to see them fulfilling their roles on behalf of their country and being great parents to that adorable child.
Old 01-17-2014, 07:17 AM
Nobility

Some one has been kind enough to post most of the wedding on youtube last month

now it only shows the public celebrations, and some bits have been cut out but at least its all in one video
Old 01-18-2014, 07:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

About the official programs of the wedding: programs, menus, information file for honor guests.
Calligraphen Bröllop inbjudningskort - bröllop - bröllopskort - servetter
Translation
Old 01-19-2014, 12:50 AM
Courtier

Lady Finn:
I remembered when she and Daniel got married, I put the alarm on, got the tea ready and watched the entire day, didn't answer the phone, didn't answer the door, sat there in jammies and didn't miss a minute, everything about the wedding, when Daniel had tears when saying his vows, I had tears, to me that was the most beautiful wedding ever, it was personal and yet formal and a fairy tale to me. It is something that I will never forget, the boat ride, that balcony where Victoria thanked the people for giving her her prince, the cake cutting, the dancers and the waltz, the dinner where Daniel gave his speech, everything was just perfect and still is with these 2 lovebirds. I believe this is a match made in heaven and the best thing will be when Sweden has her a their Queen. Someday I so want to go to Sweden and go to the church she got married in so that I can see it and just embrace the feelings.
Old 01-20-2014, 03:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SElizabeth View Post
Lady Finn:
I remembered when she and Daniel got married, I put the alarm on, got the tea ready and watched the entire day, didn't answer the phone, didn't answer the door, sat there in jammies and didn't miss a minute, everything about the wedding, when Daniel had tears when saying his vows, I had tears, to me that was the most beautiful wedding ever, it was personal and yet formal and a fairy tale to me. It is something that I will never forget, the boat ride, that balcony where Victoria thanked the people for giving her her prince, the cake cutting, the dancers and the waltz, the dinner where Daniel gave his speech, everything was just perfect and still is with these 2 lovebirds. I believe this is a match made in heaven and the best thing will be when Sweden has her a their Queen. Someday I so want to go to Sweden and go to the church she got married in so that I can see it and just embrace the feelings.
Here you can go to a virtual tour to the Stockholm Cathedral (Storkyrkan) in 360 panorama
Stockholm cathedral, altar | Virtualsweden
Old 02-02-2014, 03:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.n...20184116_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...67388485_n.jpg
Old 04-11-2014, 08:43 PM
Serene Highness

I like that Sophie, the Countess of Wessex wore her wedding tiara when she attended Crown Princess Victoria's wedding.
Eleven years earlier Sophie had married Prince Edward of Great Britain on June 19th.
Old 04-22-2014, 12:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

A photo at Haga Palace, from the documentary "Haga Palace - A Royal Home"
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Old 04-22-2014, 08:55 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
This is an absolute stunning photograph.
The profile of the Crown Princess portrays her regalness as a future sovereign.
The detail of the tiara shows very well.
The lace of the veil is beautiful.
Old 04-27-2014, 05:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

A painting of Victoria's bridal bouquet by Erica Eriksdotter, a private gift to Victoria.
https://www.studioeriksdotter.com/bl...bridal-bouquet
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sperixe...n/photostream/

Great panoramas: Victoria and Daniel starting their procession, and Victoria and Daniel arriving to the Royal Palace
http://www.panoramas.dk/2010/royal-w...stockholm.html
Old 04-27-2014, 06:01 AM
Courtier

Quote:
I have seen that one in the film immediately as well..... and it is breathtaking!"
Many thanks for sharing
BYe Bine
Old 04-27-2014, 06:55 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
A painting of Victoria's bridal bouquet by Erica Eriksdotter, a private gift to Victoria.
https://www.studioeriksdotter.com/bl...bridal-bouquet
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sperixe...n/photostream/

Great panoramas: Victoria and Daniel starting their procession, and Victoria and Daniel arriving to the Royal Palace
Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden Wedding - 360 Panoramas - panoramafoto
The painting of the Crown Princess' wedding bouquet is very grand.
The detail of each painted flower is like a mirror image of the flowers in the photo.

Old 04-27-2014, 08:20 PM
Heir Apparent

I love the sheer number of quotes and picture links to beautiful moments in this wedding. I use the term "in" as opposed to "at" as, while watching the wedding, it just seemed to suck you gently in as though you were actually there sharing the experience. It was so intimately inclusive, which I know is a contradiction in terms.

I have watched other royal weddings, Frederik and Mary, Charlene and Albert, William and Catherine and even Guillaume and Stephanie, and all were in part, beautiful, majestic, sweet, solemn, traditional or modern. Yet none were quite as relaxed and joyful as that of Victoria and Daniel. Perhaps the difference was that the bride was not nervous and concious of such a big audience and what the future held.

From the moment we saw Victoria she shone like a beacon and just seemed to carry along us along with her. Once she took Daniel's hand he looked less stiff and formal and just seemed to go with the flow, her tears enabling his, her smiles and loving looks freeing him to be himself. She looked every inch a Queen as she walked up the aisle and every inch a loving bride as she stood looking at her Daniel. Their smiles and small touches, tears, the way they held each other's hand and their pure joy were shared by all present and certainly all watching via TV or the internet.

Perhaps it speaks to Victoria's sheer charisma or maybe the freedom she finds in loving her Daniel, I mean who wouldn't be misty eyed at Daniel relating how she went on a royal tour and left him a letter for every day she was away. Awww.

Tags
crown princess victoria, daniel westling, prince daniel, stockholm, victoria, wedding