Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-05-2011, 03:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Photos:
Newscom

Old 05-05-2011, 03:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes I really liked this wedding alot; such joy on Victoria's face. Also the warmth and love of Daniel was wonderful; as was his speech.

Old 05-11-2011, 08:31 AM
Majesty

royals also want to capture the moments in their photo album

newscom
photo 1
photo 2
photo 3
photo 4
photo 5
Old 05-14-2011, 01:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

Two photos:
Rickard Eriksson
Rickard Eriksson
Old 05-17-2011, 04:13 AM
Majesty

there were a princess noor from jordan what is her relation in the jordan royal family?
and i wonder why the jordan royal family were so meny?
Old 05-18-2011, 01:45 PM
Serene Highness

I'm a little late to the party but I just got around to watching a saved video that I had on my computer. Victoria was BEAMING with happiness. And the wedding was very lovely and emotional. I understand the couple went through difficulty convincing others that they should be married but I'm glad true love wins in the end.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 05-21-2011, 03:34 PM
Commoner

Hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Felicity M View Post
There's something that has been bugging me for a while as I look at all the royal weddings and that is do other royals know what the wedding dress or bridal party dresses look like as the Royals don't look at all suprised by what htye see, some don't really show any emotion at all. At Victoria's wedding there was no reall wow looks on thier faces just meh looks, sure there were a few wispers here and there but nothing to outstanding.
I was wondering the same thing about this wedding too...But I came to the honest conclusion that maybe the guests weren't "wowed" by Victoria, because her dress wasn't really "wowing"

Don't get me wrong, I thought she was a beautiful bride and I thought the cut and form and fabric of her gown was superb, but it wasn't "OMG" gorgeous either...
Old 05-21-2011, 03:42 PM
Commoner

Lovely B & W photos someone posted much earlier in this thread. I also adored this wedding, the love, the flowers, and even though I don't usually like too much color at a wedding, the colorfulness seemed to me as an extension of their happiness.

Albeit the pic of so many ppl snapping shots with camera phones was a bit annoying...idk why, but it was. I guess the boat ride was sweet as well, but I could have done w/out it.

An interesting note is that before I really read about the *alleged* ill feelings about the marriage I was wondering why the couple looked SO intense, I know it was a royal wedding & all, but there seemed something extra there. And although Victoria kissing Daniel's hand was sweet, it also seemed a bit "I love you no matter what they think" to me...but just IMO.
Old 05-22-2011, 09:09 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinquefoil View Post
I was wondering the same thing about this wedding too...But I came to the honest conclusion that maybe the guests weren't "wowed" by Victoria, because her dress wasn't really "wowing"

Don't get me wrong, I thought she was a beautiful bride and I thought the cut and form and fabric of her gown was superb, but it wasn't "OMG" gorgeous either...
I think the dress was beautiful, not in a "wow style", but it was beautiful and suited Victoria and her personality very well. There was no need for her to impress others with her dress, she rather went for something that was her, right choice IMO.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:20 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iva View Post
I think the dress was beautiful, not in a "wow style", but it was beautiful and suited Victoria and her personality very well. There was no need for her to impress others with her dress, she rather went for something that was her, right choice IMO.
Indeed, my point exactly....some ppl have said her dress was boring/uninteresting, I didn't think so, I though it was perfect for her and her body which is the only thing that counts
Old 05-24-2011, 03:39 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iva View Post
I have watched video from tons of royal weddings and have never seen anyone with that gasping wow look on their faces. Maybe it is because they are so use to seeing each other all dressed up for balls and galas and so seeing the bride in her wedding gown has less of an impact for them than for the rest of us here in the "normal" world who are not use to seeing our friends and relatives that done up.
Old 05-24-2011, 05:05 AM
Aristocracy

I admit I was very disappointed in Victoria's gown when she first got out of the car, but that didn't last long. It only took that first meeting midway up the aisle of her and Daniel that I realized that gown was very much Victoria and that it's simplicity allowed us to focus on the two of them and their very public showing of their joy and love. You saw two people very much in love, not what they were wearing. By the end of the day I was in love with her gown. No one else could have worn it and be able to be so beautiful.
Old 05-24-2011, 11:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

The whole wedding was "wow" - Victoria´s beautiful dress and the lovely cameo tiara - The lovely page girls and boys - Daniel having tears in his eyes when he saw Victoria arriving to the church - The kisses while they met at the way to the altar - Their love which was so visibly seen during the whole ceremony - The lovely music at the church - The way they exhanged rings and said their vows - Daniel crying at the church - The kiss at the church door - The huge crowd at the streets - The lovely Vasaorden - Arriving to the palace - Victoria´s speech - The kiss at the balcony - Daniel´s and his fathers´s speeches at the dinner - Their kiss - The huge wedding cake - The lovely wedding walz. What a day!
Old 06-01-2011, 05:58 AM
Heir Apparent

I wonder(Like Kate's wedding dress) if Victoria's wedding dress was made as a rip off in Sweden after the wedding.Does anyone know if they did because out of curiosity I wonder what it looks like.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
I wonder(Like Kate's wedding dress) if Victoria's wedding dress was made as a rip off in Sweden after the wedding.Does anyone know if they did because out of curiosity I wonder what it looks like.
A rip-off by definition will look like the original dress.
Old 06-03-2011, 03:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Sorry,I meant look a like,not rip off.Like the designer would alter the dress to make it more "orginal" for the bride.
Old 06-10-2011, 01:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

Photos of the photographer and cameramen at their work:
Royal Wedding | Audiovisual Panorama
Royal Wedding | Audiovisual Panorama
Old 06-17-2011, 03:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Some photos:
Flickr/Jyda
Flickr/SirThomasBrowne
Flickr/SirThomasBrowne
Flickr/SirThomasBrowne
Flickr/SirThomasBrowne
Old 06-19-2011, 01:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Today, at the first anniversary for Victoria and Daniel, many newspapers have published memories of the wedding:
Aftonbladet
Old 06-23-2011, 01:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

Hovbloggen/Aftonbladet
Hovbloggen/Aftonbladet

Tags
crown princess victoria, daniel westling, prince daniel, stockholm, victoria, wedding