The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-23-2010, 02:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

More

Old 08-25-2010, 07:45 PM
Royal Highness

May they live happily ever after.....................

Old 09-07-2010, 09:29 PM
Nobility

What a great wedding... I loved it, Victoria had a grin from ear to ear but poor Daniel look like he didn't know what to do.

Best dressed for me were:
Princes Maxima
Countess Sophie
Queen Sofia
Queen Silvia
Princess Madaline
Princess Mathilde

Worst dressed for me:
Queen Rania
Princess Mette Marit (the colour made her look pale and old)
Charlene witstock
Tatiana Blatnik

The affection between King Gustaf and Queen Silvia was great to see, happy to see that they still have a strong marriage after 30 odd years. Prince Philip Carl supporting Daniel's sister through the day and supporting Daniel was nice of him.

I watched the dancing after the offical dance and saw the Prince Frederick looked a little drunk (Had a little bit too much of the wine Some of the people looked like they were squashed and very tired, it was a long day for all. Saw queen Sofia trying to get out of the way of people, espcially when Mary and fred were starting dance and then having the guy bowing and asking her dance was cute (any idea who that was?) Prince Philippe and Princess Mathilde chatting then starting to dance but I think there was something wrong with her dress casue she was having trouble dancing.

All in all a good day had by all
Old 09-08-2010, 04:32 AM
Commoner

Hello, Yes I agree with you that prince Frederick was / looked a little bit high, and the dancing-floor a little bit small and Queen Sofia, as a Greek, doesn't like to be somewhere where she can't be at the center of the spotlight! Kisses.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:18 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Felicity M View Post
What a great wedding... I loved it, Victoria had a grin from ear to ear but poor Daniel look like he didn't know what to do.

The affection between King Gustaf and Queen Silvia was great to see, happy to see that they still have a strong marriage after 30 odd years. Prince Philip Carl supporting Daniel's sister through the day and supporting Daniel was nice of him.
Victoria is used to people watching at her since childhood, Daniel wasnt. Now he knew that EVERYONE was watching his every move to see if he managed to do everything right.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

Daniel did everything right on his wedding day. He showed his feelings so openly at the church when he finally got Victoria as his wife. He made a wonderful speech to his wife, the speech was full of love.
Some photos:
Scanpix Norge
Scanpix Norge
Scanpix Norge
Scanpix Norge
Scanpix Norge
Scanpix Norge
Scanpix Norge
Scanpix Norge
Scanpix Norge
Scanpix Norge
Old 09-09-2010, 11:18 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Felicity M View Post

I watched the dancing after the offical dance and saw the Prince Frederick looked a little drunk (Had a little bit too much of the wine Some of the people looked like they were squashed and very tired, it was a long day for all. Saw queen Sofia trying to get out of the way of people, espcially when Mary and fred were starting dance and then having the guy bowing and asking her dance was cute (any idea who that was?) Prince Philippe and Princess Mathilde chatting then starting to dance but I think there was something wrong with her dress casue she was having trouble dancing.

All in all a good day had by all

Do you have a link to a video showing the royal guests dancing that includes Mary and Frederick?

Old 09-09-2010, 11:52 AM
Aristocracy

Victoria was glowing. Daniel seems to be a very warm and kind person.
Old 09-09-2010, 02:32 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
Do you have a link to a video showing the royal guests dancing that includes Mary and Frederick?
Here you go.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:18 PM
Administrator

Well Victoria and Daniel have caused me to do something I haven't done for a VERY long time.

I actually purchased a copy of Royalty...it has Victoria and Daniel on the cover and says its the Royal Wedding Collector's Edition. Thirty six (yes 36!) pages of the arrival of some of the guests to Sweden, the prewedding concert, and the wedding in the glossiest stock paper ever...some of the pics we have seen right here at TRF but a treat nonetheless if you would like to have a momento.

I am a little shocked but it puts the wedding coverage of Majesty and Hello to shame!

So if you see it on the newstand it might be worth a purchase.

Old 09-11-2010, 01:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

One photo:
TravelgateSweden
More photos:
Victoria och Daniel « IMAGINE
A still photo from the TV:
Bryllup i Sverige | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Eva and Olle Westling
Imagine
Old 09-11-2010, 01:38 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Well Victoria and Daniel have caused me to do something I haven't done for a VERY long time.

I actually purchased a copy of Royalty...it has Victoria and Daniel on the cover and says its the Royal Wedding Collector's Edition. Thirty six (yes 36!) pages of the arrival of some of the guests to Sweden, the prewedding concert, and the wedding in the glossiest stock paper ever...some of the pics we have seen right here at TRF but a treat nonetheless if you would like to have a momento.

I am a little shocked but it puts the wedding coverage of Majesty and Hello to shame!

Thats great! I'd like to find a copy fo myself
Old 09-13-2010, 12:07 AM
Serene Highness

Does anyone know when the whole wedding will be available on DVD?
Old 09-13-2010, 12:30 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonc93 View Post
Here you go.

at around 0:42, the gentleman who asks Queen Sofia to dance, is he Daniel's father? It looks like him but the video isn't very clear.
Old 09-13-2010, 03:28 PM
Serene Highness

You know, now that you say it I'm pretty sure it's him, I wish we had a better clip though but I watched him throughout and I would say its him! :)
Old 09-14-2010, 07:01 PM
Aristocracy

Humera and Jonc3 I think you're right: it is Mr Westling Sr dancing with Queen Sofia ! Good for him dancing with 2 queens (or more) in one evening, why not.

Quote:
I actually purchased a copy of Royalty...it has Victoria and Daniel on the cover and says its the Royal Wedding Collector's Edition.
Thank you for the recommendation Zonc, I purchased it today and you're right, it's awesome, the pictures are great!
Old 09-14-2010, 08:44 PM
Serene Highness

Guests arriving:

Old 09-15-2010, 03:32 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonc93 View Post
You know, now that you say it I'm pretty sure it's him, I wish we had a better clip though but I watched him throughout and I would say its him! :)
Yes. You are right! Its Olle Westling. Earlier in the video you can see him dancing with his grand daughter Hedvig, and they are dancing near Queen Sofia, and he probably saw the Queen standing alone and decided to ask her for a dance. You can see Hedvig leaving and mr Westling turning to the Queen
"Of making many books there is no end, and much study wearies the body" (Ecclesiastes 12:12)
Old 09-15-2010, 07:22 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:

I did purchase Hello's issue, just because it was the first one out. I was disappointed by Majesty's coverage and passed on it. I was surprised by Royalty's coverage - so much more than the others and finally(!) good pictures of the large blue & white urns with the purple flowers that were on the arrival side of the balcony. I loved those floral arrangements!
Old 09-16-2010, 08:38 PM

Hello!

I'm new here so I hope this is the right spot to post this question

I found this DVD of Victoria and Daniels wedding but cannot order (book ) it since I am not living in one of the countries they ship to. Does anyone know where else to buy it? I did not find any other site that had the DVD...

here is the link
Det kungliga brllopet - Dvd2 - Discshop.se

Thank you! :)

Tags
crown princess victoria, daniel westling, prince daniel, stockholm, victoria, wedding