Billed Bladet

Old 07-19-2010, 04:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

I didn't know that.
Thanks for the info Boris.

Old 07-20-2010, 06:17 PM
Courtier

Here is a video of the Kings speech at the wedding dinner subtitled in english:

And here is the speech by Daniels father Olle Westling also subtitled in english:
Old 07-24-2010, 11:30 AM
Commoner

The Tiara looked very strange on her head. Maria Teresa of Luxemburg and Victoria should have switch it. :)
I think a Tiara like Letizia wore at her wedding had been perfect.

Old 07-24-2010, 06:22 PM
Nobility

I found this Forum when i did a search on google and suddenly i was thrown back again more than a month. It was real fun reading that you sat watching the entire thing on svt play and you couldnt even understand what Linda and Jon said, unfortunally most swedes wanted them to shut up around 21 with their constant "Oh, there is Mette-Marit" when every swede knew who she was 3 hrs earlier.

Oh how we cried in Sweden. I joined my parents and sat through the cermony and cortege and then i joined another forum and chatted about the dinner.

81% of the wievers in Sweden saw the cermony, 2,9 million wievers during the high point of the day. Ghana-Australia that played a world cup game at the same time got 60 000 wievers, all time low for a fotball world cup game broadcasted in Sweden.

Every game in the world cup in South Africa got over 1 million wievers in Sweden, except the games on June 19. Denmark was the only game that came close to 1 million with 800 000 watching and that was during the Dinner(half of them switched channel when Daniel began to speak)

Everyone of my coworkers said that they cried as Daniel held his speach. Sweden was stunned that he could hold that kind of speach. We heard that Daniel had no class and that he couldnt speak english. Some people compare Daniels speach with Winston Churchills speaches during ww2. We still talk about the wedding during our coffebreaks, we wanted more.
Old 07-25-2010, 03:32 AM
Aristocracy

Thank you for your comment from sweden. I must say that I always watch royal weddings when I get a chance and am given to cry a bit. But there was something special about this wedding. It touched a very deep place inside of me and I watched it only on my computer, but several times, and the couple made me cry in this deep way every time I saw them. It made people aware that true love does exist after all, I believe.
Looking not just at his actions but also on his family, it seems to me that Daniel indeed does have class, he is from the class that makes the backbone of the swedish people. His mom and dad made their way brilliantly through the festivities, the nieces are just lovely and his sister is a beauty that outshone several royalities and not-so-royalties. She certainly exudes dignity. Anyone coming from such a family cannot be bad or lowly. I also liked the way Viktoria cried during the speech of her father in law. She seems to feel very good and accepted with these warmhearted people.
Old 07-25-2010, 07:13 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorette View Post
Thank you for your comment from sweden. I must say that I always watch royal weddings when I get a chance and am given to cry a bit. But there was something special about this wedding. It touched a very deep place inside of me and I watched it only on my computer, but several times, and the couple made me cry in this deep way every time I saw them. It made people aware that true love does exist after all, I believe.
Looking not just at his actions but also on his family, it seems to me that Daniel indeed does have class, he is from the class that makes the backbone of the swedish people. His mom and dad made their way brilliantly through the festivities, the nieces are just lovely and his sister is a beauty that outshone several royalities and not-so-royalties. She certainly exudes dignity. Anyone coming from such a family cannot be bad or lowly. I also liked the way Viktoria cried during the speech of her father in law. She seems to feel very good and accepted with these warmhearted people.
Its the first weddingcermony i have seen 3 times in less than 2 weeks:) When it comes to Anna Westling-Blom she was at one time married to Sven-Inge Blom(you got to love Google and worthless info), he remarried last year apperantly. She is currently engaged to a teatcher at the Gavle college. In Sweden most people i talked to didnt think it was strange that Annas children werent wery nervous at the wedding. After all, the youngest havent lived a life without Victoria and the oldest just knew she was the envy of every girl in her school at that time.

When the time to cut the cake came you can actually hear one the Westlingchildren utter the words "Are you going to eat all of that?" Victorias reply is "you are also going to eat it" and then someone say that its going to collapse. It wasnt heard on the broadcast but since i have replayed it on SVT play i heard it when i put the sound to the top.

The international broadcast by SVT was only a fraction what we swedes saw. We had a sort of "pregameshow" starting on SVT at 8 in the morning and apart from that we also had 30 - 60 mins of warmup mon - thursday that week.

The other main televisioncompany in Sweden, TV4, lost on the bidding to show it(Hey Baberiba is to thank for that apperantly) and showed their own broadcast for the swedish weivers about the wedding(TV4.se/brollop). They ended the show when the Vasaorden docked and they greeted the parents.

The cablecompanies Viasat and others just surrendered that day and aired marathons on How i met your mother during the wedding:)

Daniels mother should have had a more colorful dress, unfortunally then she would outdress some royal persons.

When the princess and still mr Daniel passed the primeminister during their entery and bowed you could see him wiping a tear from his eyes:)
Old 07-25-2010, 07:16 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by altagrace View Post

I'll say it again , it was a wonderful wedding and it touched me like no other. I think Daniel will do well as a prince and as a couple they will do well too.
The only thing: the King's body language to Daniel. IN the few times they greet each other it was a good handshake, no big warm hug. It is still King to subject, not father(in law) to son. Don;t get me wrong, the king looked genuinely happy for his daughter and said all the right words, and led the cheers etc. but I can't help thinking he still holds some reticence to Daniel. It's like "OK prove to me that you fit in and deserve her". But may be he is the kind of father who thinks no one is ever good enough for his little girl. Only my opinion.
Acutally many saw that. It wasnt until after Daniels speach the king surrendered to his charm. And since i have looked at Daniels speach a few times i can see that his mother ask the king "Did you know he was going to hold a speach" and the king reply "no"
Old 07-25-2010, 12:10 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattep74 View Post
Acutally many saw that. It wasnt until after Daniels speach the king surrendered to his charm. And since i have looked at Daniels speach a few times i can see that his mother ask the king "Did you know he was going to hold a speach" and the king reply "no"
But we all knew, that there would be speeches by the king, the father of the groom and the groom.
It was reported some weeks before the wedding and it´s a "classic" combination at (Royal) weddings.
E.g. Ari Behn, Crown Prince Haakon, Crown Prince Frederik, Prince Henrik and King Harald did also ones to their brides.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:32 AM
Commoner

Just days before they became man and wife in a fairytale wedding on June 19, Sweden's Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel had a more mundane task to deal with.

The couple signed a contract in which the former gym owner would be entitled to half of their jointly purchased household possessions in the event of a divorce, it has been revealed.

This is known in legal terms as a separation of property - meaning that heirlooms and wealth associated with Victoria's position would be protected.

The statement was signed by Victoria and Daniel, as well as a court auditor and court secretary at Stockholm Palace.

According to family law lawyer Magnus Brogren this is a fairly common type of agreement.

"It may be that he has an agreement to get an allowance from the court, one that has not been made public," he is quoted as saying in the Swedish media.

"I hope that Daniel has advisers who have explained all this to him."
Old 07-26-2010, 05:57 AM
Gentry

How overwhelming for him. they make a nice couple.
I think she looked good at her wedding. but there were some not so nice dresses there
solinne. x
Old 07-26-2010, 01:22 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
But we all knew, that there would be speeches by the king, the father of the groom and the groom. It was reported some weeks before the wedding and it´s a "classic" combination at (Royal) weddings.
Actually, its not a swedish tradition and it caught SVT by surprise since they were showing music when he began to speak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancespell View Post
JThe couple signed a contract in which the former gym owner would be entitled to half of their jointly purchased household possessions in the event of a divorce, it has been revealed.
That type of agreement is a standardpaper, not exclusive to royalties marrying. Its done to protect both parties in the event of a divorce. More and more couples do it nowdays, but not everyone. Its recommended to do it and change it during the marriage. I think the king and queen have changed their papers atleast 3 times
Old 07-26-2010, 11:45 PM
Serene Highness

Someone's posted HD videos of the wedding. I don't think it's complete but it seems to have all the main parts. You'll probably have to watch it on youtube for the HD.

Old 07-27-2010, 11:28 AM
Aristocracy

Has anyone heard news about a wedding DVD launched by SVT? I´d be surprised, if they wouldn´t release one (or a whole box)
Old 07-27-2010, 03:20 PM
Aristocracy

http://www.reni.nl/categories.php?cat_id=2179

super lovely pictures...
Old 07-28-2010, 02:16 PM
Aristocracy

This marriage is a farse I have never been sadder before
The future Swedish Monarch should not marry a commoner She should have learnt from the mistake of her father
Now the Swedish Monarchy is in danger and it may be abolished soon
Old 07-28-2010, 05:31 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne83 View Post
The future Swedish Monarch should not marry a commoner She should have learnt from the mistake of her father
Ok this is a free forum but it's sad to read such harsh and very unfair comment on Queen Silvia who's doing a great job and seems to be loyal to the Swedish people and the Country.
Old 07-28-2010, 05:56 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Did your Mother never tell you ... "If you can't say anything nice don't bother saying anything at all"?

Queen Silvia is a lovely Queen.

The marriage between Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel isn't a farce to anyone but yourself.

These may be your opinions and you are entitled to them but I for one find them disrespectful and insulting.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:28 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattep74 View Post
Acutally many saw that. It wasnt until after Daniels speach the king surrendered to his charm. And since i have looked at Daniels speach a few times i can see that his mother ask the king "Did you know he was going to hold a speech" and the king reply "no"
I would have thought that the king or someone from the government would have had to approve Daniel's speech.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:36 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne83 View Post
As this is a message board you are allowed to post your opinion, but it would be nice if you offered some proof to your vicious allegations! What has Her Majesty Queen Silvia of Sweden done wrong? She's actually (from what I've heard) very loved in Sweden. How do you know the monarchy is in danger since you don't live in Sweden?

Tags
crown princess victoria, daniel westling, prince daniel, stockholm, victoria, wedding