The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-13-2010, 04:44 PM
Aristocracy

Somebody posted somewhere the speach of the priest during the ceremony. Who knows, where I can find it? Thanks a lot for the help... I wonder what made them smile and wink at each other.

Old 07-13-2010, 05:02 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorette View Post
Somebody posted somewhere the speach of the priest during the ceremony. Who knows, where I can find it? Thanks a lot for the help... I wonder what made them smile and wink at each other.
The speech of the Archbishop - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

I hope the link works!

Old 07-14-2010, 07:09 AM
Aristocracy

Thank you, Esmeralda!
Old 07-15-2010, 03:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

Jörgen Elofsson, who composed the song "When you tell the world you´re mine", tells that he was very honoured when Daniel contacted him and asked him to make a song for the wedding. Daniel wanted to celebrate and reflect his love for Victoria. Elofsson chose Agnes Carlsson and Björn Skifs to sing it because they are an unexpected couple, just like Daniel and Victoria. Elofsson was at the church and tells that he was crying like everyone else, it was very emotional. He is glad that the song is a success at the charts.
– Jag fick i uppdrag av Daniel att skriva den | Musik | Nöjesbladet | Aftonbladet
Old 07-16-2010, 10:45 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimene View Post
MM looks beautiful but everything is ruffles for her these days.
When I saw Mette-Merit my forst thought was "Is that a baby bump?"

Here's a video of some guests arriving:

Royal wedding, Princess Victoria of Sweden and Daniel Westling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
Crown Princess Mary's rather 'modest' use of jewellery has let her down this time.
I suspect Mary--being a classy lady---didn't want to outshine the bride with her jewelry. And you have to admit--Victoria's wedding dress and jewelry were elegant but understated---not a lot of bling.

Hello Magazine readers voted Queen Rania and Mary (in that order) the most elegant wedding guests.

You vote Queen Rania and Crown Princess Mary most elegant wedding guests

Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden was regal on her June 19 wedding day, but according to our hellomagazine.com poll, it was Queen Rania of Jordan, wearing Armani, who reigned in the guest style stakes.

The stylish queen earned more than a quarter of votes, pipping Denmark’s Crown Princess Mary, whose pleated dress was voted second most elegant with 18 per cent of the share.

http://royalweddings.hellomagazine.c...31/vote--z.jpg

Rounding out the top five, in order, were, Princess Madeleine of Sweden, Spain’s Crown Princess Letizia and Prince Albert’s love Charlene Wittstock, who’s fittingly set to be a royal bride herself next year.

Click here to view the complete gallery of guests attending Victoria and Daniel's lavish nuptials.
Old 07-17-2010, 12:35 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancespell View Post
When I saw Mette-Merit my forst thought was "Is that a baby bump?"
There was a big discussion about it when she was seen 2 days before the wedding leaving for the pre-wedding dinner at Drottningholm seen here. I thought she was and wears the ruffles to hide it!
Old 07-17-2010, 01:17 AM
Commoner

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte_Aster View Post
Are there any pictures of the bridal party? ( I mean the children)
Here you go! Sorry if someone already posted it...I'm still reading posts :)

http://www.newser.com/getimage.aspx?mediaid=742242

STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN - JUNE 19: Page Boys Ian De Geer, Prince Christian, flower girls Princess Ingrid Alexandra, Princess Catharina-Amalia, Vera Blom and Leopold Sommerlath attend the wedding ceremony between Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden and Daniel Westling at Stockholm Cathedral on June 19, 2010 in Stockholm, Sweden. (Getty Images)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
Maybe I shouldn't ask this but I'm curious how come Queen Elizabeth or Prince Charles for that matter never attends foreign royal weddings. I mean this one was pretty big tbh.
They were at Royal Ascot! Can you believe that?????
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilou View Post
It's Gröna lund. It's like Tivoly. But Tivoly is at Copenhague. It's bigger and older. But Gröna lund is very beautifull beacause of water.
Check out the picture of the park at night!!!
Gröna Lund - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 07-17-2010, 02:19 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrant View Post
Bless their hearts! Victoria and Daniel are real super troopers! They must be getting a little tired. It's been such a big day for the both of them. By now I would be gently asking for a chair to sit down. You know, she can slip her shoes off and nobody would know.... She might be wearing flip flops under that gown!!!
This is from the Official press release:

Crown Princess Victoria's gown

This is the official press release:
The Bride
The Wedding Dress
Crown Princess Victoria's wedding dress was designed by Pär Engsheden.
It is made of cream-coloured duchess silk satin, with short sleeves and a turned-out collar, which follows the rounded neckline. The dress has a v-shaped back with covered buttons. The sash at the waist is buttoned up at the back.

The train is edged with a border, fastened at the waist, and has the same shape as the veil. The train is almost five metres long.

The Crown Princess's shoes are made up in the same fabric as her dress.

The cameo tiara
The word "cameo" means a precious stone decorated in raised relief. The tiara is made of gold, pearls and cameos. The central cameo depicts Cupid and Psyche from Greek mythology.
The seven cameos were not originally carved for the tiara, as can be seen in their different shapes and colours.

The cameo tiara was also worn by Queen Silvia at the royal wedding on 19 June 1976.

The Crown Princess is therefore continuing a tradition started by Princess Birgitta. She was the first Haga Princes to marry, and chose the cameo tiara for her wedding in 1961 to Prince Johann Georg of Hohenzollern.

Princess Désirée also chose the same tiara as her bridal crown when she married Baron Niclas Silfverschiöld in 1964.

Queen Josefina's legacy
The tiara was probably a gift from Napoleon to his wife, Empress Josephine, in 1809. It was made at the Nitot studio in Paris.
The empress bequeathed the tiara to her granddaughter Josefina who, on 19 June 1823, became the Crown Princess of Sweden when she married Crown Prince Oscar (the future King Oscar I).

With the next generation of the Bernadotte dynasty, the tiara was owned by Queen Josefina's daughter Princess Eugénie, who in turn left the tiara to her nephew Prince Eugen.

The prince gave the tiara to Princess Sibylla on her marriage to Prince Gustaf Adolf in 1932. The King was left the tiara by his mother.

The Bridal Veil
The Crown Princess is wearing Queen Sofia's lace veil. It is the same veil that was worn by Crown Princess Victoria's mother, Queen Silvia, at her marriage to King Carl Gustaf in 1976.
This veil was given by Queen Sofia to her youngest son, Prince Eugen. Prince Eugen then passed the veil on to Princess Sibylla, who wore it under a garland of myrtle at her marriage to Prince Gustaf Adolf in Koburg in 1932.

Queen Sofia's veil was also worn by the Princesses Désirée in 1964, Margaretha in 1964 and Christina in 1974.

The bridal bouquet
The Crown Princess´s bridal bouquet consists of a mixture of traditional Swedish summer flowers and more exotic flowers. All the flowers are white, and the bouquet is tied into a free teardrop shape.

The Crown Princess´s bridal bouquet includes the following flowers: lily of the valley, rose, phalaenopsis orchid, peony, clematis, cosmos, wax flower, sweet pea, dicentra formosa, Mårbacka pelargonium, Amazon lily, gardenia, azalea, bleeding heart and the traditional myrtle from Sofiero

Another article said Victoria (and her mother) wore custon Roger Vivier shoes. Victoria's were white silk in the Belle Du Nuit style.
Old 07-17-2010, 02:53 AM
Commoner

Smile

It took some digging, but I found of picture of Victoria's wedding shoes:

http://img2.timeinc.net/instyle/imag...0-shoe-300.jpg

Courtesy of Roger Vivier

Now if only I could find out what was served at the reception! All I've been able to find is "an advanced Swedish menu"---what ever that is.
Cake looked like it had both chocolate and vanilla layers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimene View Post
Nothing else on this scale coming up until William, right?
Albert and Charlene's wedding will probably be large scale since he's a reigning monarch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
Did Victoria call them on the dance floor or is it tradition that they dance with the couple?? Or was it spur of the moment?
I could be wrong but I think the King and Queen joined them because it was also their anniversary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonc93 View Post
There was a big discussion about it when she was seen 2 days before the wedding leaving for the pre-wedding dinner at Drottningholm seen here. I thought she was and wears the ruffles to hide it!
Looks like a baby bump to me!
Old 07-17-2010, 06:55 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Now if only I could find out what was served at the reception! All I've been able to find is "an advanced Swedish menu"---what ever that is.
Menu for the wedding.
The Menu - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

Quote:
They were at Royal Ascot! Can you believe that?????
Sorry but Royal Ascot finished on the 19th.
The Queen never attends foreign royal weddings.
Prince Charles never attended Royal Ascot, due to the fact that he was recovering from a serious chest infection.
Old 07-17-2010, 12:50 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hennybenny View Post
If anyone has the english translation of these excellent toasts, could you please post when available? Or links to the text that I can translate? Thanks!
Sorry if someone has already posted these...I'm not done reading the comments yet :(

Video of Prince Daniel's sppech. It is partially in English and is sub titled.

Print Send newsitem Comentar
'I love you Victoria': Sweden takes new prince to their hearts after wedding speech

His radiant bride, Crown Princess Victoria, was visibly moved by his words during their wedding banquet, at times clasping his hand and wiping away a tear, at other times blushing.

And, according to one online poll, Prince Daniel's emotional speech has had a huge impact in their native Sweden, catapulting the former personal trainer into second place on a list of the most popular royals - behind Victoria herself.

It was not just that the newest member of the royal family switched easily between Swedish and English - in a seven-minute address made without notes.

Daniel expressed himself confidently, opening his heart unashamedly on his feelings for his wife.

"I love you, Victoria, and I am proud that we are here together", he told her before 600 VIP guests including crowned heads of state. "And I am so happy to be your husband."

There was also a joking allusion to his own background."Once upon a time, there was a young man, who while perhaps not a frog, was certainly not a prince," he said.

The 36-year-old went on to recall an early episode from their courtship when the future queen stayed up all night writing before an official trip abroad.

"When I got up, I found 30 beautiful letters, addressed to me, one for each day she would be away."

Speaking to the The Local newspaper top Swedish public speaking consultant Katti Sandberg summed up why it was so effective.

"He spoke without notes and was very emotional. Not using a script makes it feel like it comes from the heart," she said.

"We Swedes are not so used to such emotional speeches - and that made the effect even greater".

Olle Westing's speech with subtitles:
Father of the Bride Wedding Speech - Victoria and Daniel’s wedding – Olle Westling’s Speech (Subtitled)

Video of the King's speech:

And the translation:

H.M. the King's speech to the married couple, June 19, 2010

Translation:

Your Majesties,
Your Imperial Highness,
Your Royal Highnesses,
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Her Majesty the Queen and I wish to greet you all with a most heartily welcome to the Royal Palace and to this wedding gala dinner. It is wonderful to see you all here! On behalf of my family — and especially on behalf of my oldest daughter and my son-in-law — I wish to thank you for coming and for participating in our joy! You will always be a part of this unforgettable and memorable day!

Your Royal Highnesses Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel!
Dear newly-weds!

The Queen and I would like to wish you — The Crown Princess of Sweden and Prince Daniel — all the best for the life ahead together!

It is a major step in life to enter into marriage. Not only for the bride and groom, but also for their parents. The promise you have given to each other today on mutual support and loyalty ties the two of you further together. It is, however, an unavoidable consequence of your decision that the ties to your parents thus will be changed. From now on, your first loyalty will be to one another.

We as parents take joy in the affection by which you look at each other. But — as so many parents before us have experienced — the joy of seeing one's children standing on their own to build their families, is also spiced with a touch of grief. I wish that you also one day will be able to experience such happiness that we feel today.

Dear Victoria!
You are the successor to the throne of Sweden. It is a mission that comes with duties and responsibilities. And it is with pride and gratitude I have seen you grow into this role.

One day you will — because so it is stated in our constitution — succeed me as the head of state of Sweden. My mind is put at ease when I see the wisdom and determination by which you prepare yourself for this task.

I know that I share this confidence with a large number of the Swedish people. You could, perhaps, with a reference to our ancestor Karl XIV Johan, say "The love of the people is my reward."

Our relation is, however, deeper than that between a monarch and his successor. I am your father. You are my beloved daughter.

No one should believe anything else than that my highest wish has always been — and is — to see you happy. It has therefore always been self-evident to your mother the Queen and me, that you — as any person in our country — should have the freedom to choose your life´s companion as your heart desires. I have today seeked to make this point clear by accompanying you to your future husband, and thereby confirming the decision to approve of your marriage according to our constitution.

Dear Daniel!
On behalf of the Queen and myself I would like to welcome you most warmly into our family. We would also like to congratulate our daughter on her choice of husband. And we — your parents-in-law — congratulate you on your choice of wife.

We have got to know you as a very ambitious and skilful entrepreneur. I have often been impressed by the purposefulness and the go-ahead spirit which you have shown. And we have with approval noticed the energy and determination by which you have been preparing yourself for your mission as Prince Consort. That is: to give your wife, the Crown Princess, support and confidence.

We are also delighted to have made the acquaintance with your parents Eva and Olle Westling as well as your large and lovely family.

Dear Victoria and Daniel!
The Queen and I, Prince Carl Philip and Princess Madeleine would like to congratulate you and wish you all the best. On your walk through life together, you can always count on our support and affection. And we pray that God Almighty always will be merciful to you.

Finally, I would like to propose a toast to — and that we all raise a cheer for — the Crown Princess and Prince Daniel, our beloved and beautiful bridal couple.

Four cheers for them!

More: http://www.royalcourt.se/

I didn't realize that Daniel had an emergency kidney transplant in February and his father was the donor!
Old 07-17-2010, 02:21 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Albert and Charlene's wedding will probably be large scale since he's a reigning monarch.
Again, at the time of this wedding, they were not engaged.
Also Albert and Charlene's wedding will probably be low key compared to this one, I doubt their will be that many royals attending.
Quote:
Looks like a baby bump to me!
She's not pregnant, the wind blew her dress.
Old 07-17-2010, 04:58 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
Oh, I agree. But where I was coming from is, she didn't get value. She never should have skimped. But the gown fell short of anything, but plain, with a beautiful bride.
Plain???? I beg to differ. It was---and is---timeless elegance. Compare it to Princess Diana's wedding gown: the style pidgeon holes the wedding into a time frame of 2 or 3 years. Victoria's grand daughter can wear that dress in 50 years and it will still be timeless elegance.

I'm not sure of the price of the dress, but $103,000 might not be far off the mark. I'm sure it was Haute Couture (every stitch is done by hand) and her shoes were custom made by a high end designer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
She's not pregnant, the wind blew her dress.
There was no wind in the picture taken 2 days before the wedding---and no ruffles to hide anything.
See any wind in this picture? Or any ruffles?

http://cdn.cloudfiles.mosso.com/c716...4kungligt2.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
Countess , you are so right, the gown was overpriced in my estimation as well. With the estimated $100,000 dollars American perhaps Victoria could have gone to Paris couture like her mother did.Or perhaps she could have bought something from the US. I kinda wonder about the price tag of the gown with it being so exorbitant.The main thing is that she is happy along with her husband and that they have a wonderful life together.
IMHO, an American or French designer would have been a horrible Faux Pas. She is the Crown Princess, and much of her current work is dedicated to promoting Sweden and it's companies and interests. (She declined her invitation to Charles and Camilla's wedding--if you recall---because she was scheduled to open an IKEA store.) What kind of message would using a foreign designer have sent? It would have comprimised her integrity and made her look like a hippocrit. She did use a French designer for her shoes, but that was relatively minor.

When Diana was still married to Charles, all her "working" clothes came from Brit designers....and she had that exactly right!
Old 07-17-2010, 06:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

I wonder what the source for the $100.000 price tag is, please?
Strikes me as quite improbable. The costs for real haute couture lie besides in the label itself and the fabrics mostly in the working hours for doing every step of the working process, last but not least time-consuming beading and embroidery, by hand; in that regard, the wedding dress was plain indeed. Of course everything was handmade, but haute couture is also defined by craftsmanship, and Engesheden simply does not do haute couture.

While I'm glad that the dress is timeless, it's also a design with has been a regular in different variations for ages, and there is no particular detailing in the design which signifies that the Crown Princess of Sweden was the wearer.
In terms of craftsmanship, the bodice has no perfect fit, the seams at the bust do not show great expertise, and I don't like how the train is so very visibly made of three panels. The collar is anchored quite perfectly though, the silhouette flatters CP Victoria, and the back and side views of the gown are beautiful, in contrast to the view from the front.

With Queen Silvia having chosen Dior for her wedding dress, and with CP Victoria's complete wedding week wardrobe by Elie Saab, I'm certain that no-one would have minded in the least if Victoria had chosen an international designer.
But compared to quite a few evening gowns Engesheden has made for the Crown Princess which simply do not hold up, he did a good, tasteful job within his limitations and certainly also according to the bride's wishes.
Old 07-17-2010, 09:41 PM
Aristocracy

Of all the crown princely weddings, this one has to be my favorite with its blend of tradition and contemporary and all the love and happiness (hoping it continues till death do they part). So a huge thanks for all the photos and videos!

Ever since the engagement CP Victoria has really blossomed. Daniel's love seems to give her a confidence. I really think that, together, they will be a huge asset to Sweden.

At the wedding, Victoria really did steal her own show, even making the camio tiara look good! Yet I'm undecided about her actual gown. It was unexpectedly expected. I anticipated her wearing a classic dress of understated elegance, which she did and looked lovely in, but there was something about the design of the finished product that made it unexpected. I think it's the bodice and that I expected something a little more tailored.

I didn't like the outfits worn by the attendants. The dresses of the flower girls were too severe and, compared to the attire of the guests, the outfits of the page boys were a tad informal, I thought.

I loved the manner in which the King and the Crown Princess entered the church together and the kiss he gave his daughter when they arrived at Daniel's side - it made a public affair private.

Judging from the other crown princesses (Maxima, Mary, Mette-Marit) Victoria seems so loved and appreciated. I enjoyed seeing them behave like guests at the wedding of a friend / family member, taking pictures, laughing, talking.

The speeches of the King (the rose) and Prince Daniel were so romantic.

Here's to happily ever after!
Old 07-17-2010, 10:07 PM
Serene Highness

Mette Marit is not pregnant, I thought that at the time too but if she was she woudl be 4 - 5 month by now and it would be hard to hide it!
In this picture taken the next day you can see clearly she's not pregnant.
http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/102207088/WireImage
Old 07-17-2010, 10:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Perhaps it's just a little weight gain around her midsection. That's not unusual.
I too thought she was expecting.
Old 07-18-2010, 04:29 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Yes I see wind in the picture.
She's not pregnant, because they obviously would have announced it by now.
Old 07-18-2010, 01:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Regarding the question of CrownPrincess5 about starting the dance:
The sequence of couples dancing in the very beginning is indeed a tradition (and has nothing to do with this being The King and Queen's wedding anniversary):
The bridal couple opens the wedding ball, is then joined by both parents who dance with each other and afterwards exchange partners - in this case, the King with Mrs. Westling, the Queen with Mr. Westling. This is followed by the bridal couple splitting up - the bride dancing with her father and the groom with his mother-in-law. Afterwards, everyone else joins in.

Tags
crown princess victoria, daniel westling, prince daniel, stockholm, victoria, wedding