Photo 3
Photo 4 - Felipe talking on his cell phone in the background

Old 07-08-2010, 12:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humera View Post
Some lovely pics from the balcony:

Photo 4 - Felipe talking on his cell phone in the background
Probably their cute girls calling saying they saw mom and dad on television.

Old 07-08-2010, 03:24 AM
Serene Highness

For me was so stupid thing, that Queen Rania photographed, like a tourist.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:59 AM

It was a really beautiful wedding and I loved to watch it on TV. A perfect day for the couple and the Swedish people. If every wedding would be that nice and well organized ...
Old 07-08-2010, 07:47 AM
Courtier

They all seemed to be taking picture rania used her phone maybe she forgot her camera. Them taking pictures to me made it feel like a real wedding not so so stuffy.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:50 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilal View Post
For me was so stupid thing, that Queen Rania photographed, like a tourist.
All royals took pictures on the day of the wedding with there own cameras.
It's happened at other weddings too, it is a wedding after all.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:55 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by altagrace View Post
Now I have some questions about the ceremony: in most weddings I have been to [including my own] at some point the bride and groom + witnesses have to sign something- a register or a form etc. They also do in the few royal weddings I have seen on TV (Phillipe-Mathilde, Charles-Diana etc.) IN the Victoria-Daniel wedding there was no signing.
Also there was no best man , maid of honour.

Any swedes out there who can shed light on the ritual used?
To get married in Sweden you dont have to sign anything - at least not during the ceremony in church...

Before the wedding (3 months) the two who are getting married have to send a request for a "Certificate of No Impediment to Marriage" (Hindersprövning).
When they get that document they have to sign it (both of them) and send it back. Then they get another document that says: "OK, you are allowed to get married" (hindersprövningsintyg) and they have to give that document to the priest/official at marriage BEFORE the weddin. No "hindersprövningsintyg" no wedding.

During the wedding ceremony (in church) after they said yes and made their promises they get the marriage license from the priest/official at marriage (signed by the priest and 2 witnesses).... You was able to see the Archbishop Andres Wejryd give a white envelope to Daniel during the ceremony and Daniel gave it to Prince Carl Philip.
"Of making many books there is no end, and much study wearies the body" (Ecclesiastes 12:12)
Old 07-08-2010, 09:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Some lovely pics from the balcony:

Rania listens to Sophie as Margrethe looks on
Lovely picture.
Old 07-08-2010, 11:14 AM
Aristocracy

Is there a picture of Crown Princess Victoria bowing her head to her father King Gustaf right as she gets to the top of the stairs, after the boat ride? I have seen lots of film of them hugging after the King took off his hat, then the new Royal Couple huggs each others parents. But I could have sworn that she bowed her head to her father first. Can anyone find a picture of that for me? Is that the only time anyone bowed to any of the Swedish Royals, Daniel included? Execpt maybe when CP Victoria and P Daniel were leaving the cathedral? Thanks, it has become kind of an obsession to me.......
Old 07-08-2010, 01:50 PM
Serene Highness

I loved seeing the Royals taking their own personal pictures. It really helped to give that "Family feel" to the Wedding. Many of them are cousins after all, so...Don't understand why some are upset over this.

Those pictures of Letitzia standing next to Mathilde...There is something very wrong there w/Letiztia, as she's just way too thin. I hope it's not an eating disorder, as I wouldn't want anyone to experience that after watching a close friend battle w/Bulimia. Regardless...She's just too thin to be really healthy and that's a worrying thing.
Old 07-08-2010, 02:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

Article:
Nordstjernan - The Swedish Newspaper in America - Love triumphs at the perfect wedding
Old 07-08-2010, 05:13 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsbugman View Post
Is there a picture of Crown Princess Victoria bowing her head to her father King Gustaf right as she gets to the top of the stairs, after the boat ride? I have seen lots of film of them hugging after the King took off his hat, then the new Royal Couple huggs each others parents. But I could have sworn that she bowed her head to her father first. .
No she didn't bow to him. You can see it clearly in this clip at around 4:02. If it looks like she bowed her head it was to watch her step and avoid stepping on her dress, she does it a couple of times while going up the stairs.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:48 PM
Aristocracy

Thank you Humera. Seems like you always come to my rescue. CP Victoria was beautiful. Just glowing with happiness. And very graceful in her dress going up those stairs. Thanks again.
Old 07-09-2010, 12:47 AM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

I must admit I was against this wedding, but when I saw Crownprincess Victoria shinning with happyness in her wedding dress, I knew I was wrong. The important thing in a wedding is that the groom and the bride will love each other. If they does, things will go all right for this couple, Royal or not.

Vanesa.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:21 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Royals taking photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
All royals took pictures on the day of the wedding with there own cameras.
It's happened at other weddings too, it is a wedding after all.
I agree. loved the fact that most of the royals took pictures, most of us take our cameras along whenever we go to a special event, why should royals be any different?

We've already seen Mary, Maxima, Mette-Marit posing for pictures together, here are some images of various royals taking some candid shots:

Maxima taking pictures, most likely of the planes flying past:
Photo 1
Photo 2

Crown Prince Naruhito taking pictures of the crowd from the balcony

Crown Prince Frederik taking pictuers:
Photo 1
Photo 2

Frederik and Maxima admiring their photography skills:
Photo 1
Photo 2

Another person from the balcony taking pictures of the crowd, not sure who it is though: Photo

Infanta Elena (background left) taking pictures of the dancing couple
Old 07-09-2010, 01:46 AM
Commoner

I think it makes perfect sense to take pictures to document these things for themselves. I wouldn't want to have to rely on the press for pictures of every event I went to and the press doesn't have the same perspective anyways.... Besides Lumutqueen put it best...it is a wedding after all.

Quote:
Another person from the balcony taking pictures of the crowd, not sure who it is though: Photo
Slightly off topic, but I love her iPhone cover.
Old 07-09-2010, 03:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanesa View Post
I must admit I was against this wedding, but when I saw Crownprincess Victoria shinning with happyness in her wedding dress, I knew I was wrong. The important thing in a wedding is that the groom and the bride will love each other. If they does, things will go all right for this couple, Royal or not.

Vanesa.

Vanesa, you sound like me! I was originally appalled by CP Victoria's choice of Daniel Westling...I even hoped that she would renounce her rights to the throne in favor of her brother Prince Carl-Philip.

But I was crying real tears listening Daniel's speech to his wedding guests...it was so full of humility and adoration! Everything about this magnificent wedding, especially the obvious joy of the bridal couple, has really won me over and I look forward to watching them in the future.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:00 AM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria and Daniel have these matching silver "love" bracelets, which they bought when they became a pair. Daniel had his on even on the wedding day:
Profimedia
And now on their honeymoon they both have those:
RTL

A lovely photo of the lovely couple:
Blick
Old 07-10-2010, 12:10 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
I loved seeing the Royals taking their own personal pictures. It really helped to give that "Family feel" to the Wedding. Many of them are cousins after all, so...Don't understand why some are upset over this....
I don't understand the comments about this either. One of my favorite things about this wedding aside from the obvious joy of both the bride and groom is the opportunity we were given by SVT to see the different royals interact with each other.

I loved watching them take pictures. They may be royal, but they are human after all. It was really wonderful to see Fred taking pictures of Mary, Mette Marit and Maxima together in the same way that we would at the wedding of a friend or family member.
Old 07-10-2010, 12:47 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
After the wedding waltz it was time for dancing and that meant music by Carola and Roxette. For at least the first hour Victoria and Daniel only danced with each other. After an hour or so it was time for disco! Rock it Baby! By then some of the older guests left, including QMII & PH. But the rest rocked on and at some point Queen Silvia had to ask the guests to limit the enthusiasm of the footwork because a chandellier on the floor below was in danger of falling down...
Is it true that the chandelier almost fell? Can anyone else confirm this?

Tags
crown princess victoria, daniel westling, prince daniel, stockholm, victoria, wedding