The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-03-2010, 06:44 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
The dress was spectacular just becasue of the absence of such stuff.
I agree. Its simplicity made the dress beautiful. It suited Victoria very well.

Old 07-03-2010, 08:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

The dress was fine, just overpriced for its look. Rania was, certainly, not the best dessed. She looked okay, except for her haor, which made her look like she overslept. The cake, too, was nice, but not spectacular.

Old 07-04-2010, 12:23 AM
Aristocracy

you say:
"The dress was fine, just overpriced for its look"

Is there any information as to how much it cost?
Old 07-04-2010, 01:02 AM

The bridal gown, is IMHO, the most exquisite royal wedding gown of all -- utterly elegant, using yards and yards of the finest (and very expensive) duchess satin; cut, fitted and proportioned perfectly; simple yet so dramatic, allowing the exquisite lacing of the veil to shine through and the magnificent tiara to reign supreme. BUT, it was Crown Princess Victoria's sheer joy, happiness and radiance that made it look "perfect"!
Old 07-04-2010, 01:54 AM
Aristocracy

I love the gown..I agree that its simplicity made it elegant and beautiful...the princess' smile put it all together....and a gown doesn't need to have all those bling for it to be beautiful...it suited the bride and it complemented her
Old 07-04-2010, 02:44 AM
Imperial Majesty

One photo from the church:
Svenska Kyrkan

A video of the cortege, Vasaorden and returning to the Palace:
Se hela kortegen - Kronprinsessans bröllop - tv4play.se

For me Victoria´s wedding gown was the most elegant and beautiful royal wedding gown I have ever seen.
Old 07-04-2010, 04:35 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I didn't like the dress, but it did suit Victoria very nicely, suited her personality too.
Old 07-04-2010, 06:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
The dress was fine, just overpriced for its look. . . . . .
Quote:
It is made of cream-coloured duchess silk satin, with short sleeves and a turned-out collar, which follows the rounded neckline. The dress has a v-shaped back with covered buttons. The sash at the waist is buttoned up at the back.
The train is edged with a border, fastened at the waist, and has the same shape as the veil. The train is almost five metres long.
The look is classic elegance rather than to more often seen frou frou merigue. To create such a fantastic gown is a challenge for the designer. The historic Cameo Tiara and Lace Veil were a given that he had to work around to create a gown fit for a future Queen. His brilliant result is a triumph of style and elegance.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

Victoria de Suède se marie
Le Figaro - International : Victoria de Suède se marie
Old 07-05-2010, 06:38 AM
Nobility

I think Victoria looked just right - not over done and the gown suited her body type. Elegant!
Old 07-05-2010, 08:05 AM
Nobility

I have to agree with the majority on Victoria's wedding gown. It is a fine line between simplicity (Victoria's wedding gown) and austere (Silvia's wedding gown). The contrast between the two even though wearing the same tiara and veil is quite stark.

Victoria's gown, tiara, and veil fulfilled their functions beautifully - NONE of them distracted from her radiant face that day. Even the cameo tiara, as intricate and detailed as it is, was an afterthought, albeit an impressive one.

I think the best part of the design of the gown is the back. I personally think Victoria has a beautiful back (even sexy ) and sometimes her neck does not look as long as it really is (more so from the front I think because of her prominent chin).

The low V-shape in the back showed off both Victoria's lovely back and neck but at the same time her tan skin showed through and provided a backdrop for the veil so that the intricate work of the lace could be seen. Beautifully done from head to toe!
Old 07-05-2010, 01:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

Photos here:
Category:Wedding of Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden, and Daniel Westling - Wikimedia Commons
Old 07-05-2010, 08:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by altagrace View Post
you say:
"The dress was fine, just overpriced for its look"

Is there any information as to how much it cost?
In some post, someone said $103,000 U.S. That is the only reason I said that. That is ridiculous for what she was wearing. She could have done much better in a store in the States for the price, if it is correct.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

I read from the swedish papers, that 36 meters silk was used to the wedding dress and the silk costed about 20000 euros.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:42 AM
Nobility

Photos on Count Carl Johan Bernadotte and wife Gunnila? Countess Dagmar von Arbin on photos? Countess Marianne Bernadotte and Madeleine Kogenivas? Madeleine is daughter at Prince Carl Bernadotte and Elsa von Rosen! Dagmar von arbin is oldest relatives at king Carl Gustaf.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:13 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
In some post, someone said $103,000 U.S. That is the only reason I said that. That is ridiculous for what she was wearing. She could have done much better in a store in the States for the price, if it is correct.
I think the key phrase here is "if it is correct". Clearly the silk used will have been extremely expensive and of the highest quality. But why on earth would Victoria want to use such silk in a design based around something commonly found in a shopping mall, when it could be used by your favourite dress designer under your own ideas, sculptured around your own body in a mirrored room. Off-the-peg rubbish or regal simplicity?
Old 07-06-2010, 07:22 AM
Heir Apparent

My, my, my. You do have a way with words Jack. The mental image of Victoria clawing though off the rack, mostly synthetic or cheap satin, gowns for a dress worthy of the Heir to the Throne of Sweden really cracks me up.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:35 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose View Post
Photos on Count Carl Johan Bernadotte and wife Gunnila? Countess Dagmar von Arbin on photos? Countess Marianne Bernadotte and Madeleine Kogenivas? Madeleine is daughter at Prince Carl Bernadotte and Elsa von Rosen! Dagmar von arbin is oldest relatives at king Carl Gustaf.
Count Carl and Countess Gunnila.
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
Old 07-06-2010, 02:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria and Daniel had a great time at the wedding dinner
Fotobanka ČTK
Fotobanka ČTK
Fotobanka ČTK
The happy ones
Fotobanka ČTK
Fotobanka ČTK
Fotobanka ČTK
Fotobanka ČTK
Carl Philip, Madeleine, Anna Westling Blom and Mikael Söderström
Fotobanka ČTK
Old 07-06-2010, 04:19 PM
Serene Highness

You know...Ever since the Wedding Day and looking back at all the pictures over the last couple of weeks, I've had one song running through my head whenever I think of Victoria and Daniel's Day. I think it really perfectly sums up how both were feeling on their Wedding Day and also about each other. It's all about living life for today and cherishing it. It's by my favoutie artist, Josh Groban, and is called Awake.

Josh's Official Website ~ Lyrics Section ~ Awake lyrics

And...

Josh's Official Website ~ Videos Section ~ Awake Live in Concert

It never fails w/me, and I think it's due to my Dad's ill health as well as my own medical battles, but that second verse never ever ever fails to make me cry.

Now it's just me, but that song just seems to fit Victoria and Daniel so well. Especially on their Wedding Day though.

Just wanted to share that w/everyone.

Tags
crown princess victoria, daniel westling, prince daniel, stockholm, victoria, wedding