The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-22-2010, 03:14 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte_Aster View Post
I'm amazed how many royals just seem to love take pix!
To them, this is probably just like any other wedding any of us 'commoners', if you will, would attend. It's the wedding of a close friend or in the case of the other royals, a cousin and friend. So it makes since for them to be taking lots of pictures. I think it's kind of neat the royals aren't al stuffy about it - it shows they're normal people just like the rest of us. The only difference is they either were born into or married into public relations that demands they dress up and wear fine jewellrey.

Old 06-22-2010, 03:26 PM
Nobility

It looks to me like there was a sprig of some greenery tucked in Victoria's hair. I noticed this when Daniel was giving his speech and Victoria kept looking down at the table, giving the camera a straight-on view of the top of her head. The leaves seem to be placed between her hair and the tiara, near the back of her head, close to where the veil is attached. I will try to post a picture.

Is this a Swedish custom? Do you suppose it is something like orange blossom? I don't see any flowers, though, just green.

I apologize if someone already covered this...there are so many posts here to catch up on!

Old 06-22-2010, 03:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

Hand in hand, Victoria and Daniel:
IBL Bildbyrå
Victoria gives her wedding bouquet to Hedvid Blom at the church
IBL Bildbyrå
Victoria and Madeleine
IBL Bildbyrå
Old 06-22-2010, 03:38 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jean View Post
It looks to me like there was a sprig of some greenery tucked in Victoria's hair. I noticed this when Daniel was giving his speech and Victoria kept looking down at the table, giving the camera a straight-on view of the top of her head. The leaves seem to be placed between her hair and the tiara, near the back of her head, close to where the veil is attached. I will try to post a picture.

Is this a Swedish custom? Do you suppose it is something like orange blossom? I don't see any flowers, though, just green.

I apologize if someone already covered this...there are so many posts here to catch up on!
Her mother also had green leaves on her head, tucked between the tiara and the veil. I heard during the interviews that it is a Swedisk custom to have flowers in a bride's hair.
Old 06-22-2010, 03:39 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jean View Post

The topic is discussed on the previous page.
It is a sprig of Myrtle.
Old 06-22-2010, 04:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Does anyone know where I could find a video clip
of the ballerina's performance at the pre-wedding concert??
Old 06-22-2010, 04:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

Most of the royals stayed at the Grand Hotel, which had these lovely hearts at their window:
The Local
Daniel´s parents and sister Anna with Mikael Söderström arriving to the church
IBL Bildbyrå
IBL Bildbyrå
Old 06-22-2010, 04:58 PM
Courtier

I'm not sure what the problem is but all the pictures labled

IBL Bildbyra

give me nothing but a blank screen. Is anyone else having problems?

Thanks.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:03 PM
Serene Highness

Can someone tell me I keep seeing the same little medals Victoria's Bridemaids had them on and Daniel's family also So did Victoria's family were they the Wedding gift for the guest or a special medal that was worn by their family and people in the wedding .

A close up of the medal on Madeleine
http://i45.tinypic.com/25g6reu.jpg

It has Victoria & Daniel's Official seal on it so im just wondering .
Old 06-22-2010, 05:58 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarNoe View Post
I'm not sure what the problem is but all the pictures labled

IBL Bildbyra

give me nothing but a blank screen. Is anyone else having problems?

Thanks.
I'm having problems too, MarNoe, I can't see any picture
Old 06-22-2010, 06:31 PM
Aristocracy

One of my biggest delight in watching the photos was watching Maxima with her camera and Frederick taking pictures of them with Mary...I also loved watching how the Crown Princesses interacted with each other and also during dinner, I love Mary's expression and the way the other princesses talked animatedly. I also saw the video of Carina and Mary...it was hilarious...I really love this wedding, they seemed to also be very happy for Victoria
Old 06-22-2010, 07:02 PM
Royal Highness

I'm not sure if it was posted before, but here it goes: this is a photo gallery, from the portuguese magazine Caras, on the backstage of the oficial photos of the wedding.
Hope you like it

FOTOGALERIA Nos bastidores das fotos oficiais do casamento de Victoria da Suécia - Caras.pt
Old 06-22-2010, 07:08 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanita View Post
I'm having problems too, MarNoe, I can't see any picture
Yep, me too.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:14 PM
Nobility

Thanks for all the so beautifull pics I have seen, it is such a lovely couple, I hope they whore very happy together ! THANKS.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartenberg7 View Post
This is not only a swedish tradition, but was very much familiar in Germany too. In the old days brides put a garland of myrthle in their hair as a lucky charm. This old custom is almost forgotten in nowadays times - at least in germany and anglo-saxon customs have taken over instead...
Quote:
The bridal crown is a tradition in Sweden as well. Worn directly on the bride's head or over the veil, it can be as simple as a ribbon, or if true authenticity is desired, made of myrtle leaves. The bridal crown by tradition is only allowed to be worn by virgin brides.
According to this site it is a Swedish tradition.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks for the pix backstage I love less formal pix !
Old 06-22-2010, 08:30 PM
Courtier

Do you think that when the royals go out, do they feel funny or outdated wearing a crown at this time and age? Especially when there is recession all over the world? Like the queens and their big crowns, isn't that kind of ridiculous?
Old 06-22-2010, 08:46 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxsteve View Post
Do you think that when the royals go out, do they feel funny or outdated wearing a crown at this time and age? Especially when there is recession all over the world? Like the queens and their big crowns, isn't that kind of ridiculous?
I, for one, enjoy watching royalty in all their finery. It takes me away from this trouble filled world we live in. It makes me think of the days when life was simpler and people had time for each other.

Making the royals give up their treasures would only be a small drop in a very large bucket of world debt. It would make no long lasting impression on anything except to take away the opportunity to show us that some times fairy tales and dreams do come true. For me that makes it worth it.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxsteve View Post
Do you think all the movie stars and noveau riche feel funny or guilty when they spend enough on one purse to fund a family of four for a year? Or build they zillion sq ft houses or pay thousands of dollars/pounds/euros on baby clothes that some baby will spit up on? What does Victoria Beckett have tied up in purses or what has Jennifer Lopez spent on baby clothes? They strike me as being ridiculous as well as hypocritical.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:09 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartenberg7 View Post
This is not only a swedish tradition, but was very much familiar in Germany too. In the old days brides put a garland of myrthle in their hair as a lucky charm. This old custom is almost forgotten in nowadays times - at least in germany and anglo-saxon customs have taken over instead...
It's also a tradition for British royal brides to have a sprig of myrtle in their wedding bouquets.

Tags
crown princess victoria, daniel westling, prince daniel, stockholm, victoria, wedding