The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-21-2010, 09:47 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
A great photo with big emotions: the King gave Victoria to Daniel. "Finally we are together here".
Svd
LadyFinn, this is a beautiful picture that made me tear up. Thank you for finding it and posting it.

Old 06-21-2010, 10:44 PM
Courtier

Regarding the music, the website for the Swedish Royal Family says this:

Choral tribute at Lejonbacken

The Swedish Choral Society will congratulate the Bridal Couple following their journey by the Royal Barge Vasaorden with a choral tribute at the foot of Lejonbacken.

Cecilia Rydinger Alin, the society's conductor, will lead a choir of almost 300 singers from nine choirs during the 16 minute programme. The performing choirs include: Allmäna Sången (Uppsala), Erik Westerberg's Vocal Ensemble (Piteå), KFUM's Chamber Choir (Stockholm), La Cappella (Uppsala), Maria Magdalena Motett Choir (Stockholm), St. Johannes Chamber Choir (Stockholm), Stockholm Chamber Choir, Stockholm Student Singers and the Swedish Chamber Choir (Gothenburg).

The trumpet call, entrance music and concluding piece will be performed by the Army's Music Corps.

The programme will include:
  • Bridal March from Valbo, Gästrikland
  • Benny Andersson's "Duvemåla Pasture"
  • August Söderman's "Wish Song"
  • Evert Taube's "The Sea was Never so Shimmering"
  • Pontus Edling's "Summer Wedding"
Sweden's National Anthem will be sung by everyone before the concluding piece.

Old 06-21-2010, 11:03 PM
Nobility

[QUOTE=ghost_night554;1099870] Finally finished uploading the wedding Enjoy!

Oh ghost-night554, how generous of you. The videos are superb, thank you for offering them to us.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:49 PM
Courtier

This is true love. Victoria looks SO happy! They look so much in love. They kissed like a hundred times in front of everyone unlike other royals who don't like to show their love in public. Letizia looked so washed out and so fragile! Not a good color for her. She also looked very out of place.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

I was wondering the liktele kids among themselves what language they speak?
Old 06-22-2010, 12:18 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by GömdNatt View Post
Regarding the music, the website for the Swedish Royal Family says this:

Choral tribute at Lejonbacken

The Swedish Choral Society will congratulate the Bridal Couple following their journey by the Royal Barge Vasaorden with a choral tribute at the foot of Lejonbacken.

Cecilia Rydinger Alin, the society's conductor, will lead a choir of almost 300 singers from nine choirs during the 16 minute programme. The performing choirs include: Allmäna Sången (Uppsala), Erik Westerberg's Vocal Ensemble (Piteå), KFUM's Chamber Choir (Stockholm), La Cappella (Uppsala), Maria Magdalena Motett Choir (Stockholm), St. Johannes Chamber Choir (Stockholm), Stockholm Chamber Choir, Stockholm Student Singers and the Swedish Chamber Choir (Gothenburg).

The trumpet call, entrance music and concluding piece will be performed by the Army's Music Corps.

The programme will include:
  • Bridal March from Valbo, Gästrikland
  • Benny Andersson's "Duvemåla Pasture"
  • August Söderman's "Wish Song"
  • Evert Taube's "The Sea was Never so Shimmering"
  • Pontus Edling's "Summer Wedding"
Sweden's National Anthem will be sung by everyone before the concluding piece.
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!
Old 06-22-2010, 12:20 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by robby86 View Post
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!
You're very welcome!!
Old 06-22-2010, 01:08 AM
Commoner

No Romanov's, Hapsburg's or Hohenzollern's?
Old 06-22-2010, 01:32 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

I have just spent a good portion of time sifting through the last pages of this thread, deleting the conversation which went severely off-topic and had little to do with the theme of this thread - Victoria and Daniel's Wedding. Not Albert and Charlene, and their relationship). Not the Vatican or the Pope. And especially not Nazis. Any further posts on these topics will be automatically deleted by a member of the moderating team.

I would also like to remind posters to be civil towards each other - there is no need to be rude, snarky, sarcastic or to bite another poster's head off for any reason. If you cannot do that, then I advise you to step away and take a deep breath before posting/replying.

Please keep on topic from now on.

JessRulz,
Swedish Forum Moderator/SuperMod
Old 06-22-2010, 02:10 AM
Aristocracy

Naggi:
I agree with you, Daniel can be a valuable asset to his country seeing that he is a victim of Kidney illness: he can become a pioneer for Dialysis Patients bringing further attention to this crippling illness to the world.

Princess Victoria's designer/dressmaker and makeup person should be congratulated. They did an excellent job. All the invited ladies and men looked well attired. No one outshone the Bride she stood tall, the dress suited the season, it fitted her like hand in a glove, the entire event was in the superlative. Good luck to Victoria and Daniel I think his father was very instrumental and very shrewed in giving his son direction. At long last both Victoria and Daniel are bonded they both experience bompy roads. Life has its thorns.
Old 06-22-2010, 02:13 AM
Serene Highness

Thank you for the information. So does the cameo crown have a specific meaning? The Braganza crown is incredible but the Emerald crown was eyepopping and brilliant. What a beautiful wedding.
Old 06-22-2010, 02:26 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

This is the information given by the Royal Court about the Cameo Tiara - it was made in the early 1800s, and has been worn by several Swedish royal brides over the past 100+ years

Quote:
The Cameo Tiara
The word "cameo" means a precious stone decorated in raised relief. The tiara is made of gold, pearls and cameos. The central cameo depicts Cupid and Psyche from Greek mythology.The seven cameos were not originally carved for the tiara, as can be seen in their different shapes and colours.
The cameo tiara was also worn by Queen Silvia at the royal wedding on 19 June 1976.
The Crown Princess is therefore continuing a tradition started by Princess Birgitta. She was the first Haga Princes to marry, and chose the cameo tiara for her wedding in 1961 to Prince Johann Georg of Hohenzollern.
Princess Désirée also chose the same tiara as her bridal crown when she married Baron Niclas Silfverschiöld in 1964.

Queen Josefina's Legacy
The tiara was probably a gift from Napoleon to his wife, Empress Josephine, in 1809. It was made at the Nitot studio in Paris.The empress bequeathed the tiara to her granddaughter Josefina who, on 19 June 1823, became the Crown Princess of Sweden when she married Crown Prince Oscar (the future King Oscar I).
With the next generation of the Bernadotte dynasty, the tiara was owned by Queen Josefina's daughter Princess Eugénie, who in turn left the tiara to her nephew Prince Eugen.
The prince gave the tiara to Princess Sibylla on her marriage to Prince Gustaf Adolf in 1932. The King was left the tiara by his mother.
Old 06-22-2010, 02:51 AM
Serene Highness

I also have to say that her dress was beautiful. Classic lines, simple but elegant. She looked radiant and so in love. I have to say that it is refreshing to see a couple in love and not just marrying for alliance sake or because someone has the right bloodlines. I wish them all the happiness and joy the world has to offer. I hope they have many children and enjoy their lives together.
Old 06-22-2010, 02:56 AM
Serene Highness

Thank you Jessrulz. What an interesting story and what a wonderful tradition. Its good she kept that tradition going.
Old 06-22-2010, 02:57 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
Daniel was conferred with the Order of the Polar Star in accordance with his wedding to Victoria and before emerging from the Storkyrkan, he had his sash and star on. As for what the medals were that his sister, mother and father were wearing....I don't know. Perhaps one of our many Swedish royal watchers can fill that in.
He got the Order of the Seraphim the highest swedish order. The Order of the Polar star ha a blue/yellow ribband and was among others worn by Máxima, Mary, Mette-Marit etc.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 06-22-2010, 03:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

Here are some photos of taking the official wedding photos
Bröllopsfotografering! | Kungligheter med Helena Andersson
Old 06-22-2010, 03:52 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
He got the Order of the Seraphim the highest swedish order. The Order of the Polar star ha a blue/yellow ribband and was among others worn by Máxima, Mary, Mette-Marit etc.
I noticed Letizia's sash was different - three stripes - the middle one is white and the two outside ones are light blue. What order is that? Does anyone know? Also, the Order of the Polar Star, is that the highest Swedish order given to those of other Royal houses?

And to staying on topic - has anyone found a close-up photo of Victoria's shoes yet? I'm curious as to what they looked like.
Old 06-22-2010, 04:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie2006 View Post

And to staying on topic - has anyone found a close-up photo of Victoria's shoes yet? I'm curious as to what they looked like.
Victoria´s shoes are from Roger Vivier:
SvenskDam
InStyle
Old 06-22-2010, 04:02 AM
Courtier

I was just wondering if there are any reception pictures?
Old 06-22-2010, 04:07 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Tags
crown princess victoria, daniel westling, prince daniel, stockholm, victoria, wedding