The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-21-2010, 02:29 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarNoe View Post
Somewhere I read way back in this thread that while she was dressing there was an accident and her dress was torn beyond quick repair. What she wore was a "quick fix". I just can't believe, though, that she hadn't brought along a backup outfit just for this sort of emergency!
Really, I could understand slightly if the dress has been ripped like that. But the edges on the remaining material looked fine not torn or anything.
But yes to not have a back up for such an event is stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marmalade View Post
I am sure it has been said somewhere in here...BUT WHAT THE HECK WAS PRINCESS MABEL WEARING?!?!!??!??!!?? My goodness, she looked like a hooker with a tiara!
A very expensively dressed hooker at that.

Old 06-21-2010, 02:43 PM
Royal Highness

From what I have read about Princess Mabel..she is a little...out there, to say the least. Given her past controversies. Who knows? In her mind, she thought she was tasteful and elegant. I am sure HM Queen Beatrix had something to say once she saw that outfit. HM is known to be a little more conservative in such a manner.

I agree with you all. If your dress rips and cannot be fixed in time, have a back up to such an occasion. It was just in such poor taste to wear that outfit. Nothing to cover her shoulders and dress pants that meant she could have gone to some business meeting right after.

Maxima really stands out against all the female members of the Dutch Royal Family. HM's dress is horrible. It is like sofa slip cover with ruffles. She really has no taste at all. Laurentien...well, between this one, which would have been better without the Santa Clause sash and the one she wore to Frederick's wedding without a bra....messy, messy, messy.

Old 06-21-2010, 02:49 PM
Serene Highness

I must say i'm much disappointed with P. Albert. HOW does he DARE to attend the wedding with Miss Wisttock instead lof P. Caroline? She's not his wife, therefore, she's no royalty, she's not EVEN his formal fiancée... Oh i feel so sad...
Old 06-21-2010, 02:51 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazuli View Post
I must say i'm much disappointed with P. Albert. HOW does he DARE to attend the wedding with Miss Wisttock instead lof P. Caroline? She's not his wife, therefore, she's no royalty, she's not EVEN his formal fiancée... Oh i feel so sad...
Princess Caroline was not invited.
Charlene Wittstock was.
I don't think PA had a choice.
There were other people at that wedding, and sat with royalty who weren't royals.
I see nothing wrong with it and I am ever so glad she came.
Old 06-21-2010, 02:54 PM
Nobility

Wonderfull Wedding dress

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/9...00620kl070.png
Old 06-21-2010, 02:56 PM
Courtier

Whatever makes you think Charlene was invited? Did I miss something?

OF COURSE ALBERT HAD A CHOICE, to think otherwise is quite silly.

I have no problem with Charlene being there. Tatiana Blatnik has been attending events with Nikolaos for many years, before they were engaged, and there was no problem. To me, it does not matter if they are married or engaged. If Albert wants to bring Charlene, he can bring Charlene.

Some people need to just get over themselves.
Old 06-21-2010, 02:58 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GömdNatt View Post
Whatever makes you think Charlene was invited? Did I miss something?

OF COURSE ALBERT HAD A CHOICE, to think otherwise is quite silly.

I have no problem with Charlene being there. Tatiana Blatnik has been attending events with Nikolaos for many years, before they were engaged, and there was no problem. To me, it does not matter if they are married or engaged. If Albert wants to bring Charlene, he can bring Charlene.

Some people need to just get over themselves.
Well she was on the invitation list, so I would assume she would have got a seperate invite.
Albert cannot bring someone who was not invited to the wedding can he?
Like I said, i am very glad she came to the event.
Old 06-21-2010, 03:01 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Charlene Wittstock is her name. I'm so glad that people are commenting on her , because she has been slatted a lot recently. I hope those two will be the next royal wedding.

Charlene has the misfortune of being the apparent successor to Grace Kelly. Nobody can compete with that! Regardless of how well she behaves or dresses, critics will descend on her and size her up using Princess Grace as a standard -- a totally win-less situation.

Also, I presume royal watchers are slightly disappointed that Prince Albert took her instead of his sister Caroline, who has inherited her mother's star appeal. If Caroline attended, I believe a lot more talk on and pictures of Monaco's royals would have been present in this thread.

Honestly, I wish Albert took Princess Stephanie instead. That would have been intriguing. She has not attended such royal events, and with her hands-on work involving AIDS charities, she has proven to be a significant ambassador for the Principality.

With that said, Charlene looked elegant and chic. She has good posture, and wore tasteful jewelry. She wore the gown; in some cases in this event, the gowns and jewelry wore and overwhelmed the ladies.
Old 06-21-2010, 03:02 PM
Courtier

I assumed that the way the invites work is like this:

Prince Albert and GUEST are invited, he chooses who he invites. That's how regular weddings work, so I always assumed thats how the royal weddings work. The RSVP would say Albert and Charlene, which is why she was on the guest list.
Old 06-21-2010, 03:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazuli View Post
First of all she was invited and he can take whomever he pleases. Secondly, what makes anyone there, better than she. Nothing. This royalty thing is nonsense. Thirdly, take a good look. Leitiza of Spain was previosuly married and a news reporter, Maxima was in finance in New York, Maria Theresa is from Cuban folks, Mary was a real estate agent, Mette-Marit was an unwed mother, Sonja's father was a grocer, I believe, Silvia was a translator and for a short time an airline stewardess, Sophie Wessex was in advertising. They all seem to be very nice people and just as nice as their "royal" counterparts.
Old 06-21-2010, 03:04 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
I assumed that the way the invites work is like this:

Prince Albert and GUEST are invited, he chooses who he invites. That's how regular weddings work, so I always assumed thats how the royal weddings work. The RSVP would say Albert and Charlene, which is why she was on the guest list.
But that would mean that when she would be down on the confirmed invitee list, she would be next to PA and listed as his guest.
She was just listed as Ms Charlene Wittstock.
Old 06-21-2010, 03:05 PM
Courtier

yes, most likely because she is not his official fiance or his wife. Which is also why she was not in the official photo.
Old 06-21-2010, 03:06 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
yes, most likely because she is not his official fiance or his wife. Which is also why she was not in the official photo.
But Tatiana Blatnik is Prince Nicholoas official fiancee and she was neither listed next to his name, nor in the official picture.
Old 06-21-2010, 03:07 PM
Courtier

Again, because she is not his wife and Nikolaos is not in the official picture either. Only family, heads of states and heirs were in the picture.
Old 06-21-2010, 03:08 PM
Courtier

Are we entirely sure that Pss Caroline was not invited? Perhaps it was that she was contacted previously and asked not to be invited....certainly, the invitation list would only have been published with the names of the ones who accepted.

It seems churlish not to invite the Heiress Presumptive to the Principality of Monaco - especially in light of the invites sent to the have-tiara-won't-miss-it-for-anything crowd.
Old 06-21-2010, 03:08 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

^^^^^^^^^^^
She was not on any of the invite lists for any of the events. It is possible that she refused the invite, but then she would still be on the invite list at the start. Just like Charles, Camilla, William and Harry.

Well it doesn't matter how she got there, she was there. And like i've said i'm glad she was.
Old 06-21-2010, 03:09 PM
Courtier

I really doubt they have released a "who was invited" list, it is....unimportant, to say the least.

Maybe with what's going on with Prince Ernst August, Caroline decided it would be better to not attend.
Old 06-21-2010, 03:14 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I really doubt they have released a "who was invited" list, it is....unimportant, to say the least.

Maybe with what's going on with Prince Ernst August, Caroline decided it would be better to not attend.
I agree although there seems to be some source that is being bandied about as a definitive invitee list.

I was thinking exactly that about Prince Ernst.

I loved the picture that included Pss Madeleine, CP Mary, CP Maxima & CP Mette-Marit. Mary seems pensive, as though recalling her own wedding. Maxima looks like she's giving MM a hard time as MM dabs her eyes. Weddings do bring back such strong memories of one's own nuptials. (I had it in mind that Madeleine was thinking "boy, am I glad I dodged that loser I had!")
Old 06-21-2010, 03:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Daniel´s sister looked very lovely at the wedding:
Daylife
Daylife

Tags
crown princess victoria, daniel westling, prince daniel, stockholm, victoria, wedding