The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-20-2010, 09:13 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindy View Post
I also found it too much that Victoria chose the same date; the same tiara; the same veil; the same tight-to-the-head hairdo; a similarly plain, unadorned dress; and similar flower girl dresses... and then took the same carriage ride and same boat ride as her mother and father. I like tradition but I couldn't find "Victoria" in the wedding.
I think she probably only truly wanted the man

Old 06-20-2010, 09:18 PM
Gentry

I wasn't able to watch any of the ceremony, banquet, first dance .......... is their a rebroadcast? Anyone know where I can watch it? What a magnificent wedding. Victoria looks so beautiful!!! Thanks to all who are putting up the pics. It's nice to see a bride and groom so much in love

Old 06-20-2010, 09:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by starnightsky View Post
I wasn't able to watch any of the ceremony, banquet, first dance .......... is their a rebroadcast? Anyone know where I can watch it? What a magnificent wedding. Victoria looks so beautiful!!! Thanks to all who are putting up the pics. It's nice to see a bride and groom so much in love

Det kungliga bröllopet - livesändningen | svt.se
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 06-20-2010, 09:19 PM
Courtier

Thank you for the clarification on the Lando char.
It seems to me some these dishes on the menu are terribly complicated.
Old 06-20-2010, 09:28 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by starnightsky View Post
You can still see it! Here you go!

Startsida | svt.se

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlita View Post
Thank you for the clarification on the Lando char.
It seems to me some these dishes on the menu are terribly complicated.

I have eaten char....was in Victoria, BC, Canada last summer and ate a fantastic dish that was Arctic char with a citrus emulsion....was pure heaven. Char tastes delicate and in this dish was very moist.
Old 06-20-2010, 09:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm sorry we're so hysterical.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 06-20-2010, 09:36 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
Well I have been hinting at some things on the board but everyone is caught up in the hysteria of seeing this royal marriage.
Thanks for hinting at some things that I agree with you on.
Queen Silvia was and is her own person but I do feel she rules the roost and that is why I suggested that Victoria have had a bit more personal initiative to be different than her parents and have had attention to detail.Everything the same and almost identical . How imaginitive.

This will answer some of your questions on why so much of the same choices...
History and traditions - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]
Old 06-20-2010, 09:50 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by baguetteprincess View Post
This will answer some of your questions on why so much of the same choices...
History and traditions - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]
Yes, I have read that and I think tradition is good. Nonetheless, I would have liked to see Victoria put more of her own stamp on the wedding. It gives me the feeling that her parents are very controlling in some ways.

P.S. I read on another royal board that when Victoria's parents were married, the King dictated which tiara Silvia should wear. I was surprised to read that. What tiara did the king's mother wear at her wedding?
Old 06-20-2010, 09:53 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
Which photo do you mean, I'd love to see it!

Sorry to be so long getting back. Went out with friends to dinner.

I've looked through the pages but I can't find the message with the link. Maybe someone else can find it - the picture with Frederick between Maxima and Mathilde. It really was cute;.
Old 06-20-2010, 09:53 PM
Serene Highness

For those who Love the Wedding song "When You tell The World Your Mine"
I was able to convert it to MP3

Agnes & Björn Skifs - When You Tell the World You re Mine [Best Quality].mp3 - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
Old 06-20-2010, 10:03 PM
Courtier

If anyone else is interested, here are some more photos

Carina Axelsson and Prince Gustav:
Photobank CTK

Prince Manuel of Bavaria and Anna of Bavaria
Photobank CTK

Crown Princess Magareta of Romania and Prince Radu Dada
Photobank CTK
Old 06-20-2010, 10:16 PM
Courtier

I just went to the svt site and tried to click on the video of the concert. Apparently those of us outside of Sweden will not be allowed to watch videos.

This seems highly unfair. Does anyone have any ideas as to their reasons? Is it greed - they want us to pay? What?
Old 06-20-2010, 10:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarNoe View Post
I just went to the svt site and tried to click on the video of the concert. Apparently those of us outside of Sweden will not be allowed to watch videos.

This seems highly unfair. Does anyone have any ideas as to their reasons? Is it greed - they want us to pay? What?

That's not true. I'm in North Carolina and I can watch them fine. I watched the live feed all day yesterday as well, and that was on the SVT site. As to why you can't watch them.....is your Flash application updated?

Take a screen print of the page you get when you try to view the videos. If you weren't allowed access because you weren't in Sweden, it would say so.
Old 06-20-2010, 10:21 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
Uploading the wedding right now for you guys. It says it'll be done in 4 hours.
Thank you! I cant wait to watch it all over again, will you post a link when it's done uploading?
Old 06-20-2010, 10:31 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindy View Post
Yes, I have read that and I think tradition is good. Nonetheless, I would have liked to see Victoria put more of her own stamp on the wedding. It gives me the feeling that her parents are very controlling in some ways.

P.S. I read on another royal board that when Victoria's parents were married, the King dictated which tiara Silvia should wear. I was surprised to read that. What tiara did the king's mother wear at her wedding?

Perhaps what you say is true. Perhaps, however, that Victoria was so taken with the historical aspect of her wedding that she was pleased to go down the line and revisit history on her own day. I am not so sure I would not have done the same. Maybe she also was so delighted, after 8 plus years of dating, she could marry the man of her dreams that the details were not important to her as long as she got him. Regarding the King perhaps insisting on which tiara Silvia would wear, he might also be sentimental on the cameo tiara. We have no idea really, what any of them think.
Old 06-20-2010, 10:35 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
That's not true. I'm in North Carolina and I can watch them fine. I watched the live feed all day yesterday as well, and that was on the SVT site. As to why you can't watch them.....is your Flash application updated?

Take a screen print of the page you get when you try to view the videos. If you weren't allowed access because you weren't in Sweden, it would say so.
Yesterday I had no problems. Watched all day. Just a few minutes ago I went to the site and clicked on their link for the concert and a screen came up that said this video was not available to me as I lived outside of Sweden.
Old 06-20-2010, 10:36 PM
Courtier

I agree - without knowing these people personally, it's possible that they saw all of that any number of ways. Victoria could be thrilled to go along with tradition and grateful for the guidance, she could not care at all about details, or she could have been really mad about the interference. As for Silvia, she might have been really frustrated and considered Carl a control freak for assigning her a tiara, or she could have thought, "Oh, how sweet, he's that interested in what I'm wearing, and he wants me to wear a treasured family heirloom." I think Silvia seems like the type who would think the latter (I personaly would probably think the former if it were me).
Old 06-20-2010, 10:40 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by baguetteprincess View Post
Regarding the King perhaps insisting on which tiara Silvia would wear, he might also be sentimental on the cameo tiara. We have no idea really, what any of them think.
It very well could be that the King wanted to help the Swedish people look favorably on Sylvia by having her wear a known and historical piece instead of possibly giving her something new, thereby setting her apart from previous royal brides. From what I read, the press did not take to her in the beginning. It wasn't until after the wedding and she began to undertake royal duties that they finally warmed to her.

That of course is just how I view the situation. As you say, we have no idea what was behind the decision of the parties involved.
Old 06-20-2010, 10:51 PM
Courtier

I saw a question many pages ago - I don't remember which one - which asked about the new medals/ribbons that Daniels parents and sister were wearing after the wedding. Does anyone know what they were? Thanks.
Old 06-20-2010, 11:31 PM
Courtier

Princess Alexandra of Berleberg and her husband Richard
Photobank CTK

Tags
crown princess victoria, daniel westling, prince daniel, stockholm, victoria, wedding