Crown Prince Willem-Alexander of The Netherlands & Máxima Zorreguieta: Feb 2, 2002

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re-watching those clips again was a real treat, and they make a wonderful couple. Definitely one of the best weddings of all time. One can obviously tell they are very much in love.

Her Majesty, is there a specific link where we can watch the entire wedding without interruption? hence, no short clips just the whole thing?

Re-watching those clips again was a real treat, and they make a wonderful couple. Definitely one of the best weddings of all time. One can obviously tell they are very much in love.

Her Majesty, is there a specific link where we can watch the entire wedding without interruption? hence, no short clips just the whole thing?
i wanted to see the clips too, but when i tried it said not available, how did you do?

In my opinion, the most beautiful of all recent royal weddings. She looked wonderful; her dress was so beautiful as was her hairdo, the tiara, the few jewels she wore. She looked perfect, the ceremony was very emotional, very elegant, the music, their gestures, there was absolutely love in the air!! when she listened to the tunes of the Argentinian tango, she cried as so did the rest of the guests. An unforgettable event!!!

What lovely pictures! Such a radiant bride and gorgeous gown:wub:.

Does anyone have any pictures of her dress, particularly the back, without the train?

The Coach.....

That carriage looks amazing, I heard it was made out of pure gold; is it made out of gold? if it must be very expensive.

Sorry, but It was made of hardwood that was Gold plated..... If it was solid Gold, well..... it might have vanished by now...
But it is Gorgeous all the same. It is one of my favorites among all the Royal Coaches.

:angel:

This was one of my favorite royal weddings! I think that Maxima was so beautiful on her wedding day.

This was one of my favorite royal weddings! I think that Maxima was so beautiful on her wedding day.
I agree, she looked just beautiful. I believe that part of the reason [aside from her happiness] was that her makeup was professionally applied. Her skin smooth and spot free which gave her overall appearance a flawless quality. One of the best.

Maxima......

The same for me sql..... She looked Gorgeous and Feminine, yet very Regal...
I LOVED the train and particularly the veil.....hhmmm, lovely:wub:

A:angel:

Thanks very much Jess! The most moving (IMO) image of the day wasn't put on the DVD though, the very frail prince Claus waving from his car while he went from the civil to the religious wedding. It was some sort of public farewel almost.

The NOS filmed the wedding very well IMO, they had some truly stunning moments, like when WA & Maxima are entering the church, and the NOS films from above, while the organ opens... Nice that the DVD shows much of the music too btw.

I think it was a really ugly dress.
The fabric looked cheap and shiny and it was just ill fitting. Didn't like the veil either or the star tiara for that matter. And I know, the dress is Valentino, but I still truly think it is one of the worst royal wedding gowns. :rolleyes:

The silk used was one of the most expensive. The fit, style, and color was phenomenal on Maxima. The gown's material was very firm and had a bit of weight to it. Because of the care taken in chosing the fabric, Maxima's dress was beautiful throughout the day. Notice that her gown didn't get wrinkled like those of many brides. I really can't stand it when a bride steps out of a vehicle and she is nearly wrinkled from head to toe. If more care was taken in the choice of fabrics for a wedding gown, many brides could eliminate the dreadful crease and wrinkle marks in the wedding photos. Take CP Mary for instance, she had a nice dress (though not my favorite) but she was completely wrinkled after arriving at the church. Princess Diana is another example - a beautiful bride and a wrinkled crinkled mess.

Maxima's gown is my favorite and although I am not a big fan of lace, Marie Cavalier's is a close second. The simplicity and prettiness of the gown and how well it suited the bride won me over. :flowers:

i was wondering is any photo of the private reception beside the one withthe cake? i wonder how was organizie and besides adios nonino wassomething else tradional from argentina, anyon kows?

Oh but ofcourse,Father Brown,a friend of the Zorreguieta family,did one reading and a blessing.How they organise?Smooth,The Court is used to organising events on a grand scale,once they get through the initial preparations,it reads like a script and easy to follow allthough still a lot of work,took a year to prepare.One has to make sure that all guests can make themselves available on any specific day,but 02-02-02 was an easy choice.

What was also very special in the,mostly,protestant service,was the Ave Maria,which I thought beautifull,but it was on Máxima's request.
An hilarious moment was during the civil ceremony,as they were about to sign,a special made table was carried towards them,it had everyone in stitches,have you seen that bit yet?

I've seen them,and most guests as well as HM for three glorious days and on the day,an unforgettable day and not only weatherwise.

As HM finally left the Palace's backdoor late that evening,instead of getting in her car,she walked around it and chatted with the many well wishers waiting there.She exclaimed time and time again;"It was só beautifull,só fantastic".

Last edited:
one million thanks for the explanation,LUCIEN, i always thought if she had a say in her own wedding or she had to concent everything to the royal family to do it, it is nice that she had some things that she wanted, not her parents, but at least dsomething. i am sure it take a lot of people to orquestrate something like that!!!!! really impressive, and thank you so much for the videos!!!!! i almost cry it is so emotive! just being her so latin i was wondering why they married in the winter, specially is vey cold there and not in spring full of tulips! i love tulips! i had been in holland and it is beautifull all that!

The wedding of the Dutch Wedding is wonderful.
The Brides is very beautiful so is the wedding dress.

Oh,what a glorious day it was!!

The international press on the wedding:

NOS - Koningshuis - Video - De buitenlandse pers over het huwelijk van Máxima en Willem-Alexander

The most important part...and tens of thousands approving loudly....

http://koningshuis.nos.nl/video/bekijk/id/tcm:5-429543/title/het-ja-woord-in-de-nieuwe-kerk

Royal guests at the wedding:

http://koningshuis.nos.nl/video/bek...-op-de-bruiloft-van-mxima-en-willem-alexander

A compilation of the most memorable moments..including the make-up that didn't run auntie.

Memorable because it also was the last time we saw our dear beloved Prince Claus,
so glad he was able to attend at all.Sadly missed indeed pamk.

http://koningshuis.nos.nl/video/bek.../videoclip-huwelijk-willem-alexander-en-mxima

:)

Last edited:
Queen Beatrix looked so pretty at the wedding and seeing Prince Claus brought tears to my eyes - he is really missed nowadays -

what I remember about her wedding, was that she was very emotional, and I was thinking, gosh her makeup isn't running!:lol:

Last edited:
I took this picture of the Wilhelmina Peppermunt's can with the pic of the royal couple my "schoonmoeder" (mother in law) gave me ... will be good for keeping coffee in the future ;)

I used to have one of those with the royals on it at the wedding! We have a Dutch chocolatier in my town. (Such yummy chocolates, and pretty, too!)

Adios Nonino

This is my first post here. I want to thank you all. I really enjoy sharing this forum.

Just about "Adiós Nonino": Astor Piazzolla wrote this tango the night his father died. He was abroad in a tour, he cried when he knew and, being the great musician he was, wrote the music. Nonino was his father's nickname. The music has two parts, one faster and an adagio. It is said that the adagio represents the crying for the father's absence.
Piazzolla is one of the favourite composers of Maxima's father. And "Adios Nonino" is about a father's absence. It's easy to understand why she, and everybody around the world, was so moved.

The tango was composed with no lyrics, as most of the Piazzolla music. There were one or two versions with lyrics, but not very satisfying IMO. It's better to listen to the music alone because it expresses everything without words.

I hope you understand my English and thanks again for your kindness.

This is my first post here. I want to thank you all. I really enjoy sharing this forum.

Just about "Adiós Nonino": Astor Piazzolla wrote this tango the night his father died. He was abroad in a tour, he cried when he knew and, being the great musician he was, wrote the music. Nonino was his father's nickname. The music has two parts, one faster and an adagio. It is said that the adagio represents the crying for the father's absence.
Piazzolla is one of the favourite composers of Maxima's father. And "Adios Nonino" is about a father's absence. It's easy to understand why she, and everybody around the world, was so moved.

The tango was composed with no lyrics, as most of the Piazzolla music. There were one or two versions with lyrics, but not very satisfying IMO. It's better to listen to the music alone because it expresses everything without words.

I hope you understand my English and thanks again for your kindness.

Your english is perfect,thank you for the explanation on Piazzolla:)

" Adios Nonino " also is the favorite of Jorge Zorreguieta and at the time that came with the explanation on the choice of this perticular piece.It had almost everyone to tears,after coming over the initial raised eyebrow of " what have we here " as it is an unusual piece to
hear at a wedding.But it was so perfect,just beautifull.

In the slipstream,it raised an incredible number of people to join tango lessons here.

I think the veil of the bride is very beautiful:flowers:

Just sat and watched some of those clips and what came out for me were the really touching moments between the bride and groom, they looked really in love. Very touching that in the middle of all the pomp and pageantry they were able to remember it was about the two of them alone....

The two original full videos (see above) have been removed, and they have been replaced by one video of the civil wedding, plus two of the religious ceremony. I especially like the vows: the bride and groom appear to be truly in love and very emotionally present at their marriage ceremony.

Civil wedding:

YouTube - Civil Wedding Ceremony of the Prince of Orange and Máxima Zorreguieta

Religious ceremony (Part 1):

YouTube - Religious Wedding Ceremony of the Prince of Orange and Máxima Zorreguieta (Part 1)

Religious ceremony (Part 2):

YouTube - Religious Wedding Ceremony of the Prince of Orange and Máxima Zorreguieta (Part 2)

Back
Top Bottom