The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-21-2009, 05:36 PM
Courtier

Queen Beatrix looked so pretty at the wedding and seeing Prince Claus brought tears to my eyes - he is really missed nowadays -

Old 03-21-2009, 05:55 PM
Royal Highness

what I remember about her wedding, was that she was very emotional, and I was thinking, gosh her makeup isn't running!

Old 03-21-2009, 06:11 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie View Post
what I remember about her wedding, was that she was very emotional, and I was thinking, gosh her makeup isn't running!
jajajaja I wish have a make up like that
Old 03-21-2009, 06:28 PM
Majesty

Some more,the rings...that took a while and caused another hilarious moment.I remember 02-02-02 as one of the most warm and funny weddings too,there were so many hilarious moments|

NOS - Koningshuis - Video - Het moment van de ringen

Oh,and this,not exactly hilarious but very touching:

NOS - Koningshuis - Video - De traan van Máxima

Oh,and very important as well,headgear at the wedding....

NOS - Koningshuis - Video - De hoedjes op bruiloft Máxima en Willem-Alexander
Old 03-22-2009, 05:47 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verde Esmeralda View Post
I took this picture of the Wilhelmina Peppermunt's can with the pic of the royal couple my "schoonmoeder" (mother in law) gave me ... will be good for keeping coffee in the future
I used to have one of those with the royals on it at the wedding! We have a Dutch chocolatier in my town. (Such yummy chocolates, and pretty, too!)
Old 04-17-2009, 05:13 PM

Adios Nonino

This is my first post here. I want to thank you all. I really enjoy sharing this forum.

Just about "Adiós Nonino": Astor Piazzolla wrote this tango the night his father died. He was abroad in a tour, he cried when he knew and, being the great musician he was, wrote the music. Nonino was his father's nickname. The music has two parts, one faster and an adagio. It is said that the adagio represents the crying for the father's absence.
Piazzolla is one of the favourite composers of Maxima's father. And "Adios Nonino" is about a father's absence. It's easy to understand why she, and everybody around the world, was so moved.

The tango was composed with no lyrics, as most of the Piazzolla music. There were one or two versions with lyrics, but not very satisfying IMO. It's better to listen to the music alone because it expresses everything without words.

I hope you understand my English and thanks again for your kindness.
Old 04-18-2009, 12:00 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinosa View Post
This is my first post here. I want to thank you all. I really enjoy sharing this forum.

Just about "Adiós Nonino": Astor Piazzolla wrote this tango the night his father died. He was abroad in a tour, he cried when he knew and, being the great musician he was, wrote the music. Nonino was his father's nickname. The music has two parts, one faster and an adagio. It is said that the adagio represents the crying for the father's absence.
Piazzolla is one of the favourite composers of Maxima's father. And "Adios Nonino" is about a father's absence. It's easy to understand why she, and everybody around the world, was so moved.

The tango was composed with no lyrics, as most of the Piazzolla music. There were one or two versions with lyrics, but not very satisfying IMO. It's better to listen to the music alone because it expresses everything without words.

I hope you understand my English and thanks again for your kindness.
Your english is perfect,thank you for the explanation on Piazzolla

" Adios Nonino " also is the favorite of Jorge Zorreguieta and at the time that came with the explanation on the choice of this perticular piece.It had almost everyone to tears,after coming over the initial raised eyebrow of " what have we here " as it is an unusual piece to
hear at a wedding.But it was so perfect,just beautifull.

In the slipstream,it raised an incredible number of people to join tango lessons here.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think the veil of the bride is very beautiful
Old 05-09-2009, 05:33 PM
Aristocracy

Just sat and watched some of those clips and what came out for me were the really touching moments between the bride and groom, they looked really in love. Very touching that in the middle of all the pomp and pageantry they were able to remember it was about the two of them alone....
Old 05-16-2009, 09:28 PM
Nobility

The two original full videos (see above) have been removed, and they have been replaced by one video of the civil wedding, plus two of the religious ceremony. I especially like the vows: the bride and groom appear to be truly in love and very emotionally present at their marriage ceremony.

Civil wedding:

Religious ceremony (Part 1):

Religious ceremony (Part 2):

Old 05-20-2009, 06:12 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by James in London View Post
Just sat and watched some of those clips and what came out for me were the really touching moments between the bride and groom, they looked really in love. Very touching that in the middle of all the pomp and pageantry they were able to remember it was about the two of them alone....
James, I couldn't agree more. So many royal (and other) couples stare at the priest or minister throughout the wedding vows -- I'm sure in part because of nerves and all the public attention -- but Maxima and Willem-Alexander looked at each other tenderly several times and appeared to be genuinely engaged in what they were saying and doing. It's very moving indeed to think that they found the space to be so emotionally present with each other when the world was watching up close.... It gives one the sense of a deep and genuine bond between them. I also got the impression that they had fun together at their wedding, and many photos of their marriage in subsequent years seem to bear this out. It is heart-warming to see.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:06 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post

The most important part...and tens of thousands approving loudly....

NOS - Koningshuis - Video - Het ja-woord in de Nieuwe Kerk

Lucien, in this video, what are the minister's words in Dutch at 2:50-2:51 that cause people to laugh? I believe that it's after he says something about the sacrament... but I am not sure what follows. Does he make reference to the crowd's support, or something like that? I would appreciate very much the translation. Thank you... I love this video!
Old 07-28-2009, 10:24 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by claypoint2 View Post
Lucien, in this video, what are the minister's words in Dutch at 2:50-2:51 that cause people to laugh? I believe that it's after he says something about the sacrament... but I am not sure what follows. Does he make reference to the crowd's support, or something like that? I would appreciate very much the translation. Thank you... I love this video!
When WA and Maxima are asked about their answer they say "yes" and the public is cheering. Then the minister says that their wedding is confirmed by god, his town and the city (the cheering public) :).
Old 07-28-2009, 11:19 AM
Nobility

Thank you, Royallife!
Old 07-28-2009, 02:05 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by claypoint2 View Post

Thank you, Royallife!
you're welcome .
Old 09-27-2009, 10:43 PM
Gentry

could somebody post pictures of the van vollenhoven's at the wedding please?
Old 10-01-2009, 09:54 AM
Gentry

I'm Argentinean, and many people here adores Maxima, she is beautiful, and has a beautiful family. Is sad the past of her father, but it doesn't mean thet si has to be judged for his actions.
She was a queen on her wedding, and she is going to be a great Queen on the future!

Long Live to Maxima an W-A!!
Old 10-12-2009, 10:26 AM
Commoner

A beautiful wedding fit for a beautiful couple. I think Princess Maxima is one those royals who looks friendly enough to make you wanna walk up to her and say "HI." And I'm assuming that she would give anyone a genuine response.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

They both DO seem so genuine, and in love, then as well as today. I think they are a lovely royal couple, and I enjoy watching them interact together.
Old 10-29-2009, 03:16 PM
Commoner

i love the whole look very pretty. i want that veil.

Tags
king willem-alexander, queen maxima, wedding