The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-27-2008, 08:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Re-watching those clips again was a real treat, and they make a wonderful couple. Definitely one of the best weddings of all time. One can obviously tell they are very much in love.

Her Majesty, is there a specific link where we can watch the entire wedding without interruption? hence, no short clips just the whole thing?

Old 01-27-2008, 09:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras View Post
Re-watching those clips again was a real treat, and they make a wonderful couple. Definitely one of the best weddings of all time. One can obviously tell they are very much in love.

Her Majesty, is there a specific link where we can watch the entire wedding without interruption? hence, no short clips just the whole thing?
i wanted to see the clips too, but when i tried it said not available, how did you do?

Old 02-21-2008, 07:22 PM
Commoner

In my opinion, the most beautiful of all recent royal weddings. She looked wonderful; her dress was so beautiful as was her hairdo, the tiara, the few jewels she wore. She looked perfect, the ceremony was very emotional, very elegant, the music, their gestures, there was absolutely love in the air!! when she listened to the tunes of the Argentinian tango, she cried as so did the rest of the guests. An unforgettable event!!!
Old 02-21-2008, 07:38 PM
Commoner

This is the video of the beautiful song Adios Nonino which in my opinion was the highlight of the ceremony. Enjoy!

p.d. it says it is not available - the video- but it is.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:29 AM
Aristocracy

What lovely pictures! Such a radiant bride and gorgeous gown.

Does anyone have any pictures of her dress, particularly the back, without the train?
Old 09-30-2008, 05:43 AM
Aristocracy

The Coach.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR Princess View Post
That carriage looks amazing, I heard it was made out of pure gold; is it made out of gold? if it must be very expensive.
Sorry, but It was made of hardwood that was Gold plated..... If it was solid Gold, well..... it might have vanished by now...
But it is Gorgeous all the same. It is one of my favorites among all the Royal Coaches.

Old 09-30-2008, 10:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamali View Post

This is the video of the beautiful song Adios Nonino which in my opinion was the highlight of the ceremony. Enjoy!

p.d. it says it is not available - the video- but it is.
when i cclik on it is said "sorry not available!"
how can i see it?
Old 10-04-2008, 11:17 PM
Heir Apparent

This was one of my favorite royal weddings! I think that Maxima was so beautiful on her wedding day.
Old 10-05-2008, 12:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
This was one of my favorite royal weddings! I think that Maxima was so beautiful on her wedding day.
I agree, she looked just beautiful. I believe that part of the reason [aside from her happiness] was that her makeup was professionally applied. Her skin smooth and spot free which gave her overall appearance a flawless quality. One of the best.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:30 PM
Aristocracy

Maxima......

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
The same for me sql..... She looked Gorgeous and Feminine, yet very Regal...
I LOVED the train and particularly the veil.....hhmmm, lovely

A

Old 11-02-2008, 09:43 PM

New blog

Holland Royal Weddings
www.sinemroyal.bolgcu.com
Old 11-11-2008, 04:33 PM
Aristocracy

She was veryyyyyy beautiful and elegant :)
Old 12-01-2008, 01:50 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

I've finally uploaded the main points of Willem-Alexander and Máxima's wedding, from the DVD Princes of Orange: Engagements and Weddings. Enjoy!

Old 12-01-2008, 07:53 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Thanks very much Jess! The most moving (IMO) image of the day wasn't put on the DVD though, the very frail prince Claus waving from his car while he went from the civil to the religious wedding. It was some sort of public farewel almost.

The NOS filmed the wedding very well IMO, they had some truly stunning moments, like when WA & Maxima are entering the church, and the NOS films from above, while the organ opens... Nice that the DVD shows much of the music too btw.
Old 12-06-2008, 10:26 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSaga View Post
I think it was a really ugly dress.
The fabric looked cheap and shiny and it was just ill fitting. Didn't like the veil either or the star tiara for that matter. And I know, the dress is Valentino, but I still truly think it is one of the worst royal wedding gowns.
The silk used was one of the most expensive. The fit, style, and color was phenomenal on Maxima. The gown's material was very firm and had a bit of weight to it. Because of the care taken in chosing the fabric, Maxima's dress was beautiful throughout the day. Notice that her gown didn't get wrinkled like those of many brides. I really can't stand it when a bride steps out of a vehicle and she is nearly wrinkled from head to toe. If more care was taken in the choice of fabrics for a wedding gown, many brides could eliminate the dreadful crease and wrinkle marks in the wedding photos. Take CP Mary for instance, she had a nice dress (though not my favorite) but she was completely wrinkled after arriving at the church. Princess Diana is another example - a beautiful bride and a wrinkled crinkled mess.

Maxima's gown is my favorite and although I am not a big fan of lace, Marie Cavalier's is a close second. The simplicity and prettiness of the gown and how well it suited the bride won me over.
Old 12-06-2008, 02:34 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
i was wondering is any photo of the private reception beside the one withthe cake? i wonder how was organizie and besides adios nonino wassomething else tradional from argentina, anyon kows?
Oh but ofcourse,Father Brown,a friend of the Zorreguieta family,did one reading and a blessing.How they organise?Smooth,The Court is used to organising events on a grand scale,once they get through the initial preparations,it reads like a script and easy to follow allthough still a lot of work,took a year to prepare.One has to make sure that all guests can make themselves available on any specific day,but 02-02-02 was an easy choice.

What was also very special in the,mostly,protestant service,was the Ave Maria,which I thought beautifull,but it was on Máxima's request.
An hilarious moment was during the civil ceremony,as they were about to sign,a special made table was carried towards them,it had everyone in stitches,have you seen that bit yet?

I've seen them,and most guests as well as HM for three glorious days and on the day,an unforgettable day and not only weatherwise.

As HM finally left the Palace's backdoor late that evening,instead of getting in her car,she walked around it and chatted with the many well wishers waiting there.She exclaimed time and time again;"It was só beautifull,só fantastic".
Old 12-06-2008, 07:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

one million thanks for the explanation,LUCIEN, i always thought if she had a say in her own wedding or she had to concent everything to the royal family to do it, it is nice that she had some things that she wanted, not her parents, but at least dsomething. i am sure it take a lot of people to orquestrate something like that!!!!! really impressive, and thank you so much for the videos!!!!! i almost cry it is so emotive! just being her so latin i was wondering why they married in the winter, specially is vey cold there and not in spring full of tulips! i love tulips! i had been in holland and it is beautifull all that!
Old 02-03-2009, 05:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

In honour of their wedding anniversary a couple of days ago: royals.web-log.nl: 7 jaar getrouwd!
Old 03-18-2009, 09:00 PM
Commoner

The wedding of the Dutch Wedding is wonderful.
The Brides is very beautiful so is the wedding dress.
Old 03-21-2009, 05:00 PM
Majesty

Oh,what a glorious day it was!!

The international press on the wedding:

NOS - Koningshuis - Video - De buitenlandse pers over het huwelijk van Máxima en Willem-Alexander

The most important part...and tens of thousands approving loudly....

http://koningshuis.nos.nl/video/beki...de-nieuwe-kerk

Royal guests at the wedding:

http://koningshuis.nos.nl/video/beki...llem-alexander

A compilation of the most memorable moments..including the make-up that didn't run auntie.

Memorable because it also was the last time we saw our dear beloved Prince Claus,
so glad he was able to attend at all.Sadly missed indeed pamk.

http://koningshuis.nos.nl/video/beki...ander-en-mxima

Tags
king willem-alexander, queen maxima, wedding