Crown Prince Haakon of Norway & Mette-Marit Tjessem Høiby: 25 August 2001

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mette Marit looked wonderful, so few woman could have worn a slip of a dress like that. She looked radiant and the jewelry was perfect.

Could somebody help please?
I am trying to find a picture of Mette-Marit and Queen Sonja I think was on her wedding day and Mette-Marit is either talking to or kissing Queen Sonja. Mette-Marit is touching Queen Sonja's face.

Thanks for the help.

i cant help loving this wedding, almoust 5 stars 4,5 of 5 possible for me

Could somebody help please?
I am trying to find a picture of Mette-Marit and Queen Sonja I think was on her wedding day and Mette-Marit is either talking to or kissing Queen Sonja. Mette-Marit is touching Queen Sonja's face.

Thanks for the help.
I found them LadyS:) Scanpix
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a399/LaMariella/1-1.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a399/LaMariella/2-1.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a399/LaMariella/3-1.jpg

and some of the gifts ; [Scanpix]
Queen Elizabeth -
Prince Charles -
Princess Ragnhild and Erling -
King and Queen of Sweden -

Last edited:
An 8 minute summary of the church service. Lets say 6 years has been kind to Haakon, he looked like a nerd back then:lol:

NRK Nett-TV - hastighetsmåling

thanks for posting that , great looking back on ! must say really like the bit at the begining when she gets upset and holds his had !! how sweet is that couple !!!

An 8 minute summary of the church service. Lets say 6 years has been kind to Haakon, he looked like a nerd back then:lol:

NRK Nett-TV - hastighetsmåling

Great video! Crown Princess Victoria made a speech, did any other non-Norwegian royals?

And, sorry OT, but in the hello article it said something about an Eva with Prince Felipe. Who was she?

thank you for the video

i think victoria has been the only to make a speach for a other royal family wedding

And, sorry OT, but in the hello article it said something about an Eva with Prince Felipe. Who was she?
Eva Sannum. A norwegian model who was his girlfriend at the time. According to the information circling Spain it was known that they were supposed to announce their engagement later that year in October, but first it was cancelled and then they parted ways.

This is by far the most beautiful royal wedding for me. So very touching in every way.

I was wondering if anyone can help me. I am lookingfor a specific picture from the wedding. I used to have it but it was accidentally deleted. It is of Haakon carrying Marius across the dancefloor. It is a simple photo but very sweet and just shows a peaceful moment of Haakon taking care of his new stepson. If anyone can help I would be very grateful:flowers:

I loved this wedding dress because it wasn't the typical princess gown. It was unique and very personal.

Mette-Marit's dress is displayed in an exhibition in Starvanger right now.
"Princess for a Day" is an exibition about wedding dresses from the last 100 years that will be shown in Stavanger Museum, in addition to showing wedding traditions from that was used in countryside weddings in the 1800. The Palace has lent Mette-Marits dress to the exhibition .
http://i31.tinypic.com/3523rcg.jpg
Source: Aftenblad

Last edited:
Mette-Marit's dress is displayed in an exhibition in Starvanger right now.
"Princess for a Day" is an exibition about wedding dresses from the last 100 years that will be shown in Stavanger Museum, in addition to showing wedding traditions from that was used in countryside weddings in the 1800. The Palace has lent Mette-Marits dress to the exhibition .
http://i31.tinypic.com/3523rcg.jpg
Source: Aftenblad

This is a stunning photo! It looks so modern and futuristic (sp?). The glass, dark background and lighting look like outerspace.
If you look on post #3 I think, and enlarge the first photo of MM and Haakon kissing you can see Queen Sonya in the church wiping her eyes.

I just noticed Sibilla of Luxemberg (sp)'s dark "Letizia" red dress and her gorgeous jewels.

thanks for all the photos and info! I remember this wedding, as it was the first time I had ever purchased HELLO!

Her wedding gown is simplistic, elegant, tasteful, and if I could, I would have chosen it for my wedding.

Thanks again for all the posts....this wedding is in my top 5 favorites!

this is one of my favorite weddings
and i did like that his sister and victoria took part in the readings

Haakon and Mette-Marits wedding

Hi,

I was wondering if anybody remeber which song that Haakon and Mette Marit danced their first dance at their wedding to? I remember it as very beautiful, but I can't find the name of the song anywhere.

Hope you can help me.

What a strange and interesting bouquet!
I don't think I've ever seen anything like it.

Did MM not wear any makeup?

Thanks so much for that video Bon!!! This is my all time favourite royal wedding. Still to this day this wedding makes me well up with tears. I love seeing MM's Daisy Tiara, it dazzles in real life. I just need to find a video of the whole wedding, I'm sure its somewhere in this thread.

Back
Top Bottom