Crown Prince Haakon of Norway & Mette-Marit Tjessem Høiby: 25 August 2001

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Arriving for he dinner (POOL/Scanpix/Vg)

View from the balcony (se og hør)

The Dance
In the last pic there is the Earl and Countess of Wessex, Märtha Louise and ? and the President of Iceland and his wife (fiancè back then??) with the biggest diamond necklace of the evening. (scanpix-Pool-scan)
http://img149.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=13065_sp247754_408lo.jpg

Arranging the dress before the recieving line (NRK)

Last edited:
Thank you very much indeed, Larzen! It's amazing the way this dress flows... just like a fairy!

Carlota, join the club! :flowers:

purple_platinum said:
Thank you for the very nice addition to this marvellous thread, Larzen..

I really love this picture..
http://img151.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=13303_train_514lo.jpg
somehow it's a really different & rare angle.. very beautiful,..

I agree! A lovely picture! I never saw it before! :flowers:
Thanks for posting!
It was one of the most beautiful royal weddings ever. Very emotional and full of love. It was lovely to see MM and the Queen crying of happyness.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Larzen for all these additional pictures.

I loved Laurentien's outfit at this wedding. It was so beautiful! :) She was by far one of the best dressed guests.

I forgot Prince Charles attended this wedding. Now it makes total sense that they attended his 2nd wedding. Of course, I am sure its not the only reason.

I totally agree with the consensus about Mette Marit's wedding gown. Although I must admit..I liked it from the begining. It simple, elegant and classic...a dress that will stand the test of time. Still not feeling the garland though!

I'm with you on that- I've always liked the dress. It reminds me a lot of Lady Sarah Chatto's wedding dress. Its a pretty dress. And I still am not a fan of the garland- never really have been- just like you Zonk.

Zonk1189 said:
I totally agree with the consensus about Mette Marit's wedding gown. Although I must admit..I liked it from the begining. It simple, elegant and classic...a dress that will stand the test of time. Still not feeling the garland though!

The wedding of Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit was one of the most beautiful and most romantic ever. The pictures are precious, thanks for them Larzen.
I have never seen the one, where Queen Sonja cries of happiness, it so touching.

Very Nice pictures! It Looks like it was a great wedding.. Thanks for the pictures;)

Thanks for all the New Pictures Larzen, they are great:flowers:

This is a beautiful photo:

Source: Australian Picture Library

Oh yes it is! A very nice profile of Mette-Marit!!

I remember watching the wedding on TV, and not loving her dress very much at that time: too plain and the bouquet didn't help...But the more I see it through pictures, the more I love it! It looks like she is flowing from a cloud...:flowers:

Prince Philippe attended alone, I belive Mathilde cancelled beause she was quite pregnant? Anyway, Madeleine seemes to do her best not to make him feel lonely:lol: Talk about Colgate smile

VG aftensposten NRK

Larzen said:
Prince Philippe attended alone, I belive Mathilde cancelled beause she was quite pregnant? Anyway, Madeleine seemes to do her best not to make him feel lonely:lol: Talk about Colgate smile

Thanks for the pictures, Larzen! Madeleine does seem to be trying her best at entertaining Philippe! :lol: She looked quite beautiful at Haakon and Mette-Marit's wedding: the dress, hair, and tiara were all stunning, plus her winning smile. :flowers:

She was already a big fan of tanning in 2001! :ohmy: :ROFLMAO:

Mette-Marit was a stunning bride that day.

TLLK said:
Mette-Marit was a stunning bride that day.

And Haakon was a v handsom groom! No wonder their children are so cute:)

This was definately the cutest royal wedding!

Yes Mathilde was pregnant and she had to cancel all her engagements for a few months
She couldn t even attend the national day on the 21st of July

Does anyone have the text of the Crown Prince's Speech? I can't seem to find it anywhere and it seems like it touched Mette-Marit a great deal.

soCal girl said:
She was already a big fan of tanning in 2001! :ohmy: :ROFLMAO:
That is the light. If you look at pictures of the banquet the evening before or of the disco party two days before you'll see Victoria was more tanned than Madeleine. Madeleine was rather fairly- skinned, not really tanned. But there are some pictures where the light is off. :ohmy:

She looked fantastic during the 3 days. Märtha Louise's gown for the wedding and Mette's bridal gown good fantastic, too. I'm one of those who liked these gowns even back then. ;)

Thanks for the new pictures Larzen. :flowers:

So both Charles and Edward and Sophie went to the wedding?

Yes Charles and Edward and Sophie attended the wedding. It seems that Edward and Sophie have become good friends with Haakon and MM.

There are some really nice photographs in the earlier pages of the same thread. They all look so wonderful. ;)

liv said:
Yes Charles and Edward and Sophie attended the wedding. It seems that Edward and Sophie have become good friends with Haakon and MM.

What a great dress for Mette-Marit. It really suited her. Although it's not in a style that I would personally choose, the dress looked great on her. :D

Back
Top Bottom