Crown Prince Haakon of Norway & Mette-Marit Tjessem Høiby: 25 August 2001

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is there a video of the dancing Haakon and Mette-Marit ?

The dress was beautiful,I didn't like the bouquet and haakon was beardless,he looks so much younger but they are the beautiful crown prince couple of Norway and I love their family;)

I actually like Prince Haakon without facial hair, and I've always loved Mette-Marit's veil, it looks so transparent, like a cloud!

Last edited:
Another question about MMs dress, is there a specific name for the kind of train she had? She is one of the few brides who had a fantastic though long train of her dress; it was different from other brides who have it like an attachment hanging off their waist. I believe Kate Middleton also had her train in a similar fashion, giving it that rounded feel.

In this video you can see many beautiful moment of the wedding, incl. the speech of the King and the speech of Mette-Marit' mother and Haakon's.

NRK TV - "Bryllaupstalen"

Last edited:
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Readers' Top 10 Wedding Gowns: #4. Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway

Mette Marit's gown was absolutely beautiful. I love the simplicity of the dress. The bodice, the sleeves and the skirt all make it into a beautiful and timeless wedding dress. Her tiara and hairstyle was also great. The only thing I don't like about this look was the bouquet. The heavenly train is also exquisite! Love the cloud like affect of it. The train really keeps the dress from being too simple. Mette Marit's gown was truly unforgettable.

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Readers' Top 10 Wedding Gowns: #4. Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway

Mette Marit's gown was absolutely beautiful. I love the simplicity of the dress. The bodice, the sleeves and the skirt all make it into a beautiful and timeless wedding dress. Her tiara and hairstyle was also great. The only thing I don't like about this look was the bouquet. The heavenly train is also exquisite! Love the cloud like affect of it. The train really keeps the dress from being too simple. Mette Marit's gown was truly unforgettable.

MM's gown is one of my favorites. I'm glad she did not go over the top and went for a simple look. The cloud like train was the best part of the gown to me. Breathtaking dress!

Over time, I have truly come to appreciate the beauty of Mette-Marit's gown, that it would now be a top ten for me. It has an almost divine aura about it.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Mette-Marit is on my Top Ten list of Most Beautiful Royal Brides, but I don't like her bouquet and I do wish she'd worn a little makeup on her wedding day...just a smidgeon of lipstick and mascara? She would have been even more gorgeous!

Their wedding made the local papers here in Los Angeles because the bride was such an unlikely choice. I admit that I was not a big fan in the beginning, but now Haakon and Mette-Marit are one of my favorite Royal couples. They have made a perfect family together.:whistling:

Goodness, Royal weddings are so beautiful....:p

Mette marits dress bouquet hair the couple aymosphare seems lovely:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Mette-Marit is on my Top Ten list of Most Beautiful Royal Brides, but I don't like her bouquet and I do wish she'd worn a little makeup on her wedding day...just a smidgeon of lipstick and mascara? She would have been even more gorgeous!

Their wedding made the local papers here in Los Angeles because the bride was such an unlikely choice. I admit that I was not a big fan in the beginning, but now Haakon and Mette-Marit are one of my favorite Royal couples. They have made a perfect family together.:whistling:

Goodness, Royal weddings are so beautiful....:p

the dress is OK, but too close fitting IMO. In all honesty, i dont think she is a dazzling beauty.... too thin..

I don't think MM is a dazzling beauty either. But her complexion and especially her bone structure are to die for imo.

On a more "traditional" Royal bride like Countess Stephanie de Lannoy for example, MM's rather austere gown would not have worked very well. But given who Mette-Marit was and given her background I think it would have been a mistake to go for the full fairy tale princess bride effect.

The wedding dress she chose was perfect for her.

Wonderful memories ! And the dress is still number one in my charts of wedding dresses !

Vídeo wedding of Crown Prince Haakon and Mette-Marit.

Back
Top Bottom