The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-13-2006, 09:14 PM
Gentry

Re the bouquet: During the wedding, meaning when they all were in the church, the tv commentators didn't know what is was at first either. But after a while the palace released info on it that it was traditional and that's why Mette wanted it.

Btw, looking at all the pictures of the guests I have a question. During the pre- wedding events you can see Alexandra and Joachim of Denmark among the guests who left the hotel - the youth party at Skaugum comes to mind. But I never saw pictures of them at the wedding itself. Did anyone find pics of them? Or did they leave Oslo before saturday?

Old 03-13-2006, 09:40 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Griffin
Re the bouquet: During the wedding, meaning when they all were in the church, the tv commentators didn't know what is was at first either. But after a while the palace released info on it that it was traditional and that's why Mette wanted it.

Btw, looking at all the pictures of the guests I have a question. During the pre- wedding events you can see Alexandra and Joachim of Denmark among the guests who left the hotel - the youth party at Skaugum comes to mind. But I never saw pictures of them at the wedding itself. Did anyone find pics of them? Or did they leave Oslo before saturday?
The were only there for the first two days of the prewedding celebrations.

Old 03-13-2006, 10:14 PM
Aristocracy

Did she have any bridesmaids? Is yes can anyone post some pictures?
Old 03-13-2006, 10:20 PM
Gentry

Thanks kwanfan. But isn't that weird? They get invited for all the pre- wedding stuff, but when it comes to the actual wedding it's: Byebye, see ya around. Oh well, it would have been nice to see Alex in a pretty gown and with her tiara. :)

Wasn't Mette's friend Linda (Tavernik?) her bridesmaid? She helped her with the veil and train and wore a purple gown with stola.
Old 03-13-2006, 10:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

A the women who took one of the hottest royals away. I liked mm's dress, simple and elegant.
Old 03-13-2006, 10:38 PM
Gentry

Princejohnny25.

Re Mette's friend Linda: I looked and on p.3 post 49 (Mandy) they are 2 pics of her and Larzen posted on p.4 post 62 and 64 each one, too. But in the latter 2 one can only see her back. Oh and apparently it wasn't purple, it was a shade of blue.
Old 03-13-2006, 10:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Griffin
Thanks kwanfan. But isn't that weird? They get invited for all the pre- wedding stuff, but when it comes to the actual wedding it's: Byebye, see ya around. Oh well, it would have been nice to see Alex in a pretty gown and with her tiara. :)
Joachim and Alexandra were both invited to the wedding. But Joachim had to go back to Denmark to act as regeant since Frederik was the best man and Margrethe stayed on at the wedding.

I guess Alexandra could've stayed; nothing required her to go back to Denmark with Joachim since she doesn't need to perform any official acts when he is regeant.

But it isn't so unusual for a royal to come to parts of the wedding but not for all of them. Queen Beatrix went to Felipe and Letizia's pre-wedding ball but did not attend the wedding because of other commitments back in the Netherlands.
Old 05-31-2006, 04:09 PM
Gentry

Videos

The video links aren't working for me Could someone post some new one pleez.
Old 06-01-2006, 06:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the pictures! Mette-Marit was most definitely my favourite Royal bride of recent years, everything about her look was stunning.
Does anybody know if a member of the Jordanian Royal Family attended?

This is one of my favourite shots from the entire wedding:
http://img10.imageshack.us/my.php?image=939yg.jpg
Old 06-01-2006, 09:52 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
Thanks for the pictures! Mette-Marit was most definitely my favourite Royal bride of recent years, everything about her look was stunning.
Does anybody know if a member of the Jordanian Royal Family attended?

This is one of my favourite shots from the entire wedding:
http://img10.imageshack.us/my.php?image=939yg.jpg
Totally agree with you! The perfect bride, in a perfect dress and... the perfect groom
Old 06-01-2006, 03:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Mette-Marit is easily my favourite bride of recent years. The dress is so simple and elegant and suits her perfectly. So are the groom and Marius!
Mette-Marit was really a very beautiful bride. She was positevely glowing with happiness!:)
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 06-01-2006, 04:58 PM
Royal Highness

Cool

Thank you to all for the lovely pictures and to Larzen for your translations. Haakon and Mette-Marit are a wonderful couple. The pictures of a tearful Mette-Marit at the wedding and the dinner are touching to me.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:51 PM
Royal Highness

I think her carrying a garland instead of a bouquet was very interesting and unique. It showed an independent spirit in her.
Old 06-03-2006, 11:34 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Photos by Polfoto:

Old 06-03-2006, 12:31 PM
Heir Apparent

We still get wonderful pics, after 5 years! Wow! Thanks Elsa M!!!!
The 3 and alst pics are wonderful!
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 06-03-2006, 12:34 PM
Courtier

Originally, I did not like her wedding gown, but I now cannot imagine her in anything other. She was a beautiful bride and is a classically beautiful woman. I admire Haakon for marrying outside of the box.
Old 06-03-2006, 12:55 PM
Serene Highness

Dear Elsa,

Thank you for bringing up new photos.

You know love weddings, all weddings, but these Princes Generation Weddings are so wonderfull and brides looked Real Princesses.

The only thing I wouldn't choose was the bride garland but, can you believe , now, 5 years after the wedding I can't imagine other bouquet for Mette-Marit?!

Thank you:)!

mtbcm
Old 06-03-2006, 01:28 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
Queen Beatrix went to Felipe and Letizia's pre-wedding ball but did not attend the wedding because of other commitments back in the Netherlands.
Beatrix didn't go back to the Netherlands. Her goddaughter's wedding was scheduled the same day as Felipe's and she attended it. It was the wedding of the daughter of Lady Elizabeth Anson, IIRC, Fiona Shakerley.
Old 08-12-2006, 04:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Mrtha Louise, the week she became fashionable I wish she would wear something this dramtic again

Guests
Crown Princess Victoria leaving the banquet
Princess Laurentien Leaving the banquet
Morten Andreassen with Eva Sannum (what an idea to wear that back-less, side-less and almost front-less dress to a royal wedding where you might bump in to the prospective mother in law, the Queen of Spain she did have the body for it though )

Berntsen-VG Scanpix-Nettavisen
Old 08-12-2006, 04:11 PM
Heir Apparent

what a great dress... the more i see it, the more i like it. mette marit looked lovely.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all

Tags
crown prince haakon, crown princess mette-marit, haakon, mette-marit, oslo, wedding