The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-14-2004, 12:35 PM
Courtier

:woot: WOW! She is a total knockout, the very image of a royal bride. I didn't think she could look more beautiful than she did the other evening at the formal dinner, but she's exceeded that. She's ravishing. :flower:

Old 05-14-2004, 12:37 PM
Majesty

I have tried to find pictures of Martha Louise but could not....

Old 05-14-2004, 12:38 PM
Courtier

I don't recognize her tiara too...It must be new or a new configuration of a pre-existing tiara...

Anyway, I LOVED Mary's dress! From head to toe, I just adored it! Very simple yet very elegant...I highly approve! By the by, does anyone have a link to a video clip when Mary was walking down the aisle and Frederik is tearing up?
Old 05-14-2004, 01:34 PM
Nobility

Mary's wedding tiara looks quite familia. If Alexandra didn't wear her diamond drop tiara on her wedding day, then she must have worn this. I remember her wearing a tiara not so much like the diamond drop.

Oh Alex looked soooo DIGNIFIED!! Especially after she did her shawl button and waved!! She looked even more dignified when she was walking to her seat in the Cathedral alone. It was quite a remarkable scene. Her glamour did not at all overshadowed by Mary, but instead she had been showing another kind of glamour and dignity!! Btw I love her rose pink gown, so special. Her tiara suited her sooo well. I think I don't really care about how many grand jewels would Mary have access to in the future now, coz the fitting and the ultimate effect are more important. But the buttoned shawl looked a bit weird when she was singing from the service booklet.

Princess Benedikt looked stunning in that bright green gown, very refreshing!!

Princess Victoria was a bit dissappointing in my opinion. I thought she would have worn a larger tiara from the family foundation.

Princess Madeleine looked beautiful but her tiara was dissappointing. I wanted her to wore the Queen Silvia's birthday tiara if she couldnt choose from the family's foundation. But it was quite regal and refreshing to see her wear that tiara as a necklace!!
Old 05-14-2004, 01:35 PM
Serene Highness

margaret's dress looked alittle like Mathilde's.
Old 05-14-2004, 01:52 PM
Heir Apparent

I really liked Margrethe's jacket at the wedding. The fuschia pink is a colour close to my heart! It seemed to match with the bridesmaids dresses, too. Does anyone know if they were made from the same material or made by the same designer? (It's hard to tell what colour the bridesmaids dresses were exactly, though. In some picture they look like craberry coloured and in others fuschia pink.)

Little Nikolai is absolutely adorable! In a Polfoto picture I saw he was holding very tightly the hand of a little blonde boy--Mary's nephew?

Loved that John Donladson wore his kilt to the wedding! What a great touch and honour to the Donaldson family heritage.

I am still sitting on the fence about Mary's dress, though I did love her veil and the tiara that went with it.

Benedikte look great in that lime green dress of hers.

The pink colour was sensational on Alexandra but I'm not sure about the wrap she was sporting. I only saw one fuzzy picture, so I'll hold judgement ...

It seemed that there were a lot of floral dresses today, including Margrethe and Mathilde. Mathilde's floral number really surprised me; she doesn't tend to wear prints very much, but nonetheless it looked terrific on her.
Old 05-14-2004, 04:47 PM
Nobility

Marylanders, Virginians, and Washingtonians:

News 4 just aired a clip of the Danish royal wedding! Crown Princess Mary looked gorgeous on television. Don't forget, tonight at 10pm 20/20 (with Barbra Walters) is going to air a special on European royals.

The Official Website: http://abcnews.go.com/sections/2020/World/...s_040514-1.html
Old 05-14-2004, 04:47 PM
Serene Highness

Her dress was more of a disappointment.
Old 05-14-2004, 04:48 PM
Courtier

I adore Princess Madeleine's hair-she looks perfectly young, fresh, and lovely, and the pink dress well suits her. Haven't seen too many fashion "disasters" yet out of the attendees . *wishing my area here in the States could get live feeds from Denmark*
Old 05-14-2004, 04:55 PM
Royal Highness

MARY IS AMAIZING

I like a lot Mary dress is so beutiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All the wedding is so romantic and full of love. Frederik cry after see the bride.

Letizia is my perfere of all
Old 05-14-2004, 05:08 PM
Courtier

:flower: :P They have such a wonderful spontaniety about them-but then they can also look so regal together. A fantastic set of pictures day.
Old 05-14-2004, 06:04 PM
Royal Highness

As much as I loved the flower girl dresses, I'm not crazy about the bridesmaids dresses. They were pretty boring and plain (so as to not out do the bride :P ), but I didn't like that they were three different colors, and I didn't like the color choices.
Old 05-14-2004, 06:06 PM
Courtier

Just finished watching the speeches and the waltz.
Amazing!!!
Old 05-14-2004, 06:20 PM
Courtier

Have they already cut the cake? I've been waiting for that for ages... The wedding waltz was beautiful, does anyone know which one it was? Is it a custom that they only dance a short while and the nthe people around start to close in?
Old 05-14-2004, 06:23 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
The waltz was beautiful and the speeches were so touching. It is so romantic.
Old 05-14-2004, 06:24 PM
Courtier

no one from Morocco and Jordan?
Old 05-14-2004, 06:30 PM
Nobility

Marylanders, Virginians, and Washingtonians: BBC World News just showed a clip of the Danish royal wedding. You can probably see it again at 7pm.
Old 05-14-2004, 06:33 PM
Gentry

I would like to see pics from reigning and non-reigning royals in the Cathedral.

Thanks in advance... The wedding was fantastic... All the ladies were beautiful and elegant... I loved to watch it on television...
Old 05-14-2004, 06:35 PM
Nobility

Queen Margrethe's Speech

The day has come! – A day of happiness and celebration, which we have all looked forward to since the Engagement in October. Indeed, many will say that it has been much longer. Actually, as his parents, the Prince Consort and I have probably always looked forward to the day when our eldest son would stand before the altar together with his bride, and we would welcome her into our home, into our family and in our country.

Frederik, ever since you were very young, you have been surrounded by love and affection both in your family and throughout the country; but as Denmark’s Crown Prince you have also attracted much attention from an early age, that has not always been easy. However, over the years we have seen how you have developed, how you have matured, and how you have found your own place in life through solid work and by using the many qualities with which you are so richly endowed. You have a warm heart which strikes everyone who meets you. You inspire confidence. You are a person to rely on. Much of this is the result of your own efforts. However, we your parents, Papa and Mother, know very well how you have found your true self. That happened when you met Mary. It brought springtime into your heart, and everything blossomed around you, as we see season in full bloom on this day in May.

Mary, today all Denmark welcomes you with open arms, and your new family welcomes you with great joy. We have come to know you, and we have seen how your cheerful disposition graces your every act. You have met us, your new family and all your new countrymen, with warmth and great dignity. You too inspire confidence, around you too the Garden of Denmark is decked with flowers.

On this day of celebration, there are two people who are greatly missed: your mother, Mary, who we never came to know, and Mormor, your grandmother, Frederik, who did not live to see Mary come into your heart and into your country. On this day, these two as well as your French grandparents, Grand-Papa and Grand-Maman, will be in the thoughts of all who knew them, and I believe they would all have rejoiced at seeing your happiness, and would have appreciated your choice.

Mr. Donaldson,
This is a day of celebration in which we all share, but for you and for your family it is not without a note of sadness; for one person is greatly missed: Mary's mother, who we in Denmark shall never know, but who should have been at her daughter's side on this day of happiness.

No wonder if you and your family may feel a touch of apprehension; for it is also the day when your last and youngest daughter is leaving her family, as she has already left the country where she grew up, to settle very far away. Now she takes up a new and challenging life. Her new countrymen receive her with enthusiasm, not only as Crown Prince Frederik's bride but also for the qualities they already perceive in her. As we have come to know Mary we, her parents-in-law, have come to love and admire her. She has great inner strength and she exudes a calm warmth that inspires confidence. She has shown the courage to place her future life in Denmark, may we always be worthy of her trust. The Prince Consort and I welcome her into our family and in her new country.

Frederik and Mary, you face many challenging tasks. First of all you have a home to build together, and a life of your own; at the same time you are embarking on a life filled with demanding obligations, of that you are both well aware. It can be hard work, and it may feel lonely. That you know, Frederik, and Mary is aware of it. However, you have your youth, your great strength, your warm hearts and your courage; and you know how much pleasure may be derived from doing a good job, from doing something for others, from devoting all your strength to the service of your country – and from doing it with a smile.

Now is the season of flowers. All around you, there is great joy and happiness. But it will not always be summer. There are rainy days and rough weather, and in spite of fresh breezes, the Danish Garden may sometimes feel a little cramped, however lovely it may look. But tonight there are no bounds. For it is not only here at Fredensborg Palace that we are gathered around you. Throughout the country, in the Faroe Islands and in Greenland, indeed as far away as in Australia, your wedding is celebrated. Let us now bring together our thoughts in wishing you great happiness and unity in your lives and in your work - together and for Denmark.

I ask you all to join the Prince Consort and me in a toast to Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary.

THE BRIDE AND GROOM
Old 05-14-2004, 06:49 PM
Courtier

Most amazing fireworks outside Frredensborg! Did any one else see them?

Tags
copenhagen, crown prince frederik, crown princess mary, frederik, mary, mary donaldson, wedding