The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-01-2012, 12:34 PM
Serene Highness

It was ok and that entrance was very regal it was Like a queen was getting married love how happy Frederik looked as he saw Mary coming and he was crying () Frederik honestly looked happy that he was marrying the woman he loves.

Old 02-03-2012, 06:20 PM
Courtier

These ain't your youtube clips everyone - this is the motherload!!! Complete coverage of the wedding AS IT WAS ON THE DAY!!! From arrivals to the first dance and EVERYTHING in between!!!
This is a link for the arrivals
http://www.nrk.no/nett-tv/klipp/38585/
All the other video links can be accessed on the left of the screen under "Kronsprinsbryllup i Danmark" towards the bottom of the list. There are several links, and a few of the clips have the wedding, but everything is there!.

If you look towards the bottom of the list of videos...oh no they didn't!!! Felipe and Letizia's wedding too!!! It's some of the arrivals and most (not all - d'oh!!) of the ceremony on the first link (2 hours). The second link appears to be some of the pre wedding banquet (I'm guessing ).

Loads of videos!!! Ch-ch-check them out!!

Old 02-07-2012, 03:41 PM
Nobility

Actually I been thinking that Mary's gown looks very similar to this gown wore by Elizabeth Taylor in Father of the Bride in the 50s. With the same boat-shape neckline, just take away the V-shape collar, the lace in the chest area, shorten the sleeve and duplicate the origami-fold (with lace peeking out) around - it's Mary's wedding gown!!

In fact, I like the gown Elizabeh Taylor wore, just keep the jacket but do away the lace on the chest area and it will be a very regal royal wedding dress.

http://www.brides.com/blogs/aisle-sa...ing-dress.html
Old 02-09-2012, 10:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Sorry, I don't see any similarities between Mary's gown and the gown Elizabeth wore in the movie.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 02-15-2012, 11:20 AM
Heir Apparent

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Wedding Wednesday: Frederik and Mary's Wedding Guests

This has got to be one the best dressed royal weddings next to Victoria and Daniel's!

My best dressed are,Letizia,Maxima,Mathilde,Victoria,Madeleine,Silvia, and MM.The worst is Laurentien!
Old 02-26-2012, 05:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

Has anyone seen the drawings of mary's wedding dress? I think this was one time when the actual dress was better than the sketch. Could Mary's dress be considered a modern dress or a throw back to the past? Usually if you go too modern the gown will end up looking aged in a decade or two.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:05 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi
Has anyone seen the drawings of mary's wedding dress? I think this was one time when the actual dress was better than the sketch. Could Mary's dress be considered a modern dress or a throw back to the past? Usually if you go too modern the gown will end up looking aged in a decade or two.
I actually thought the sketch was better. Wonderful on paper, but IMO didn't quite live up to the original concept when it was done. It was a few little things - the puckering of the fabric in the seams of the bodice makes the dress look poorly made, the way the train attached from the top of the dress to her waist was a panel that was too noticeable. The skirting with those panels IMO made the dress look rather unkempt because of the very heavy pleating/folds - I thought they forgot to fluff out the skirt and didn't realize that was how it was meant to look!! It may have looked better if the panel was not pressed flat going down the skirt. I love the idea of the dress, because it is a pretty dress, it just doesn't look polished or refined IMO because of those details.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:18 AM
Heir Apparent

I thought it was one of the worst royal weeding gowns of the last 50 years. It looked dated as soon as she emerged from the car. I can't see any woman dreaming of wearing a copy of this gown at her own wedding. The top wasn't too bad but the bottom looked very heavy and awkward and just not elegant at all.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:27 AM
Royal Highness

I also like top part, sleeves and neckline. But the bottom part is disaster, especially the panels, it would look better without them just with lace over the skirt. Actually the color was fine for me, not clear white but material was cheap-looking (just compare this dress to Maxima's ) and it looked so bad. Big hair was probably one of the worst hairstyle of royal brides.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:44 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Here is a sketch of the wedding dress

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Old 02-26-2012, 02:06 PM
Royal Highness

Sketch is nicer than dress, maybe if fabric would be lighter panels won't be looks that bad.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

I've already seen a sketch of the dress so I assume the posting was for those who haven't. I loved Mary's dress and felt it was unique and beautiful; it seemed like a perfect balance of a costume and a wedding dress. I for one adored the skirt and the pleating on it, the one thing I would change its definitely only one thing, is making the neckline tighter so it would be closer to her neck. There have been a lot of royal brides who incorporate this idea of having the neck of their dress not actually be close to their neck...or in Mary's case her shoulders and chest.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Like the sketch better than the reality, the sleeves always bothered me. Hair was too big IMO. Neckline was PERFECTION for Mary!
Old 02-28-2012, 09:22 AM
Courtier

The sketch was definitely better than the dress.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:01 PM
Commoner

I was wondering, does anybody know the size of all the lace.
I know about the history of the lace used, but I'ved never heard for example: How long the veil is or how long and wide the lace fabric is.
Does anybody know, or has that information never been released?
Old 03-02-2012, 10:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't know if this will help you:
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Wedding Wednesday: Crown Princess Mary's Gown

"The most unique feature of the dress was to be found in the skirt, where panels of the satin opened from her hip to reveal 8 meters of heirloom lace."

"The back of the skirt keeps its fullness thanks to 31 meters of tulle edged in French Chantilly lace underneath."

"Another 23.5 meters of satin were used to create the 6 meter long train. "
Old 03-09-2012, 09:57 AM
Commoner

tatiana blatnik was in the wedding too :)
Old 03-09-2012, 11:31 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't think Tatiana was in the wedding. But I could be wrong, I don't remember
seeing pictures of her at that time.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:32 PM
Commoner

when you the guestlist read then you can see it
Mr. Andrew Tracey
Miss Emma Turnbull
Mr. Brett Wolf
Mrs. Brett Wolf
Mrs. Tatiana Blatnik
Madame Paul Anick Weiller
Mme. Cathrine Bernard
M. Robert de Balkany
Le baron Philippe de Cabrol
La baronne Philippe de Cabrol
La Comtesse de la Béraudière
Ingeniør Holger de Neergaard
Fru Therese de Neergaard
Old 03-09-2012, 12:44 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Mrs? She wasn't a Mrs at the time.

Tags
copenhagen, crown prince frederik, crown princess mary, frederik, mary, mary donaldson, wedding