The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-29-2006, 02:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleq
Actually it is used for Britain's Coronations, not weddings. I was quite puzzled also as to why Danish Court allowed it to be used at this wedding.
Maby the reason for it is that CP Mary loves this song and that it remindes her of her late mother Henrietta.

Old 12-25-2006, 11:24 PM
Nobility

Hi Australian! Maybe personal preference on mary's side. Oh and also the English and Danish royal family as you know are related especially way of Tzaritsa Marie of Russia (formerly Princess Dagma of Denmark Tzar Nicholaiovich II Mother) her sister was married to the reigning English Monarch of the Time. Just a guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Australian
the song mary walked down the aisle to is "Zadok the Priest by Handel" It is normally used for British royal weddings and im puzzled as to why the Danes used it

Old 12-31-2006, 07:42 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloria78
The hair of the bridemaids is realy awful
I agree with you, I don't think the bee hive suited anyone except for Mary on this occasion because it was camoflauged with her Tiara and veil!
Old 12-31-2006, 08:44 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleq
Actually it is used for Britain's Coronations, not weddings. I was quite puzzled also as to why Danish Court allowed it to be used at this wedding.
It is a classic piece of music and everyone can play it for his wedding, funeral or whatever he like. The british Court doesn't own it. So why Frederik and Mary shouldn't be allowed to play it at their wedding? Only because it had be used at british coronations it can't only be played at this occassions. For excample the melody of the hymn of the oranier is in Germany a very common Christmas song. You can here it in every church and no one says you can't sing it because it is the hymn of the oranier.
Old 01-01-2007, 05:10 PM
Serene Highness

^ I LOVE "Zadok" and even though the words don't fit a wedding, the music is beautiful and the voice of the choir gives me a chill every time I hear it. Everytime. I also loved the music Fred and Joachim walked in on. I think that would be a nice song to march in on.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 01-09-2007, 11:38 AM
Aristocracy

I don't think anyone "owns" a song, so if the happy couple liked it, then that's fine by me.
Old 02-02-2007, 06:18 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Videos hosted at Youtube:
=

=
=

Old 02-08-2007, 11:19 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine
Princess Madeleine of Sweden
Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden
Prince Carl Philip of Sweden
MAdeleine looks so great on this photo's!!
Old 05-06-2007, 05:44 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

is there a thread about the pre wedding events of Frederick and mary and in particular the gala on the eve as i cant seem to find it anywhere please post a link if there is a thread

Old 05-06-2007, 05:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope
is there a thread about the pre wedding events of Frederick and mary and in particular the gala on the eve as i cant seem to find it anywhere please post a link if there is a thread

You can read the topic here. , PoE. If you would like to read about Mary and Frederik's events from December 2003 - May 2004, which includes events and so forth prior to their big day, please click here.
Old 05-13-2007, 03:37 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

thanks Glittering tiara for that link it was great

Old 05-15-2007, 06:15 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Thanks for these youtube clips Elsa, I just love the wedding waltz! It looks like a fairy tale. Thumbs up to Queen Margrethe for being able to organise such an event with so much style, unlike many other courts she is able to cling on to this old-world type of royalty (combined with more modern aspects of course).

I like Mary's dress much better like this btw, without the enormous train (though I know these come obligatory for major royal brides ). The couple seems to be in desperate need for some dancing lessons though, but their clumsiness looks very charming.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo
The couple seems to be in desperate need for some dancing lessons though, but their clumsiness looks very charming.
I think by that time (midnight?) they must both have been absolutely wiped out. To stay upright, and, for Mary to be able to even walk in those gorgeous shoes, let alone dance!

I think they were wonderfully romantic. For all their somewhat wooden dancing, they hung in there, still looking into each other's eye's with such love.

I can't imagine how much strain it would put on the bridal couple to be 'On Parade' for the entire day, so.... I'm guessing they were in deperate need of sleep!

ps. I don't think the "Wedding Walz" lends itself to graceful swirling, especially when everyone is clapping a very wooden beat.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

I like this one
Old 10-05-2007, 08:06 AM
Nobility

With all the interest in Marie Cavallier's upcoming wedding I was looking at Danish designers (don't have a clue who she will pick) and at Uffe Frank who designed Mary's dress.

I don't know if this link has been posted before but on his website he has the sketches of Mary's dress (Look under the Sketches link on the left) and under Press there are articles in magazines and the first three articles have photos of Mary at her wedding and sketches.

The article from Point de Vue is very nice as it has the sketches of the red gala dress and the bridesmaids dress as well - which I haven't seen before.

UFFE FRANK the Royal Danish designer
Old 11-19-2007, 11:21 AM
Aristocracy

These videos are from SweetHomeNC

"I Was Born to Love You" Crown Princely Couple of Denmark

Old 02-04-2008, 12:41 PM
Commoner

does anybody know where i can see videos of the ceremony?
Old 02-04-2008, 01:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Gabys, there are several clips on Youtube besides the four posted above by Elsa M.

You may also want to check out this topic located in the Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary sub-forum.

Second, you can watch the Mary Elizabeth Donaldson documentary shown prior to her marriage here.

To view the entire ceremony, from NRK.no, please click here. At first the website will say, "Hvor lang tid tar det kjre testen?" Which is essentially trying to figure out your connection speed. Then you will be connected to the entire program.

Enjoy
Old 03-08-2008, 03:42 PM
Nobility

I really liked the colour of Mary's dress and the fabric. The portrait neckline and sleeves were very simple but the skirt really was too much with the panels of lace. It should have been left at a simple bell shape.
Old 03-08-2008, 10:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras View Post
Gabys, there are several clips on Youtube besides the four posted above by Elsa M.

You may also want to check out this topic located in the Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary sub-forum.

Second, you can watch the Mary Elizabeth Donaldson documentary shown prior to her marriage here.

To view the entire ceremony, from NRK.no, please click here. At first the website will say, "Hvor lang tid tar det kjre testen?" Which is essentially trying to figure out your connection speed. Then you will be connected to the entire program.

Enjoy
thank you it was great

Tags
copenhagen, crown prince frederik, crown princess mary, frederik, mary, mary donaldson, wedding