Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark and Mary Donaldson: May 14, 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love Letizia's dress. I guess she is going to become another Maxima with the vibrant colored clothing. ;)

Originally posted by Alexandria+May 14th, 2004 - 9:40 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Alexandria @ May 14th, 2004 - 9:40 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Gabriella@May 14th, 2004 - 9:36 am
out of curiosity, was Frederik the bestman at Joachim's wedding?
I don't think they are called 'Best Man' in Denmark, but the duties and intents are the same. And yes, Frederik was Joachim's 'Best Man' at his wedding to Alexandra in 1995. [/b][/quote]
thanks for the info :)

WOW, she looks beautiful! Just like a bride should! Is it me, or is Fred a little moist-eyed?

Juliane

Thanks, Alexandria. I was not sure. I assumed more or less the same duties and it´s good to have a brother with you. I liked what Märtha Louise had on. Claire looked great. Maxima looked marvelous. I like it when she is understated. Mathilde was great. A youngish look for her and it was magnificent.

i don't like the dress very mutch, sorry, my opinion, but very sweet that fred. crying, lovely smile from mary.

Mary is very excellence, elegance and beautiful bride
Frederik is very very emotions
Alexandra is pink dress very elegance and excellence
Letizia is excellence with red dress

www.zdf.de (online now)

Hey all. I hope you're all enjoying he wedding. Everyone looks great!!
Frederick is obvioiusly very emotional.

Anyway, enjoy!!!

Sean

I love the dresses that the flowergirls have on. Usually I think that royals pick some very unattractive dresses for their flowergirls, but those little girls looked adorable in their little light pink dresses.

By the way, Nikolai looked too cute for words.

Originally posted by didem@May 14th, 2004 - 10:19 am
Mary is very excellence, elegance and beautiful bride
Frederik is very very emotions
Alexandra is pink dress very elegance and excellence
Letizia is excellence with red dress

www.zdf.de (online now)
How can I forget Alexandra? She is a princess. Clearly. She has the look of a princess. Excellent. Letizia looked great. She is small when standing next to Felipe. ha ha. Anyway, I liked that dress.

Hi, what order is Mary father wearing? Has he just been confer also by the queen?

I love Mary's train. Very impressive. I'm not sure if I like the dress very much though.

Originally posted by Gabriella@May 14th, 2004 - 10:20 am
I love the dresses that the flowergirls have on. Usually I think that royals pick some very unattractive dresses for their flowergirls, but those little girls looked adorable in their little light pink dresses.

By the way, Nikolai looked too cute for words.
Nikolai was cute. I thought the flower girls looked adorable. The dresses were okay.

I'm watching the wedding live right now. Mary's dress is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!! She's wearing what appears like a new tiara and the family veil.

The Queen looks magnificent with all those diamonds.

I loved the eucalyptus leaves in Mary's bouquet.

It was so cute to see CP Maxima and Letizia talking and laughing before Frederik came in.

Originally posted by Gabriella@May 14th, 2004 - 9:21 am
I love Mary's train. Very impressive. I'm not sure if I like the dress very much though.
I may have to agree. I'm not sure if it's my internet stream, but the dress seems a bit plain to me. I was expecting something more WOW, especially for a Crown Princess wedding. (Of course, I'll probably change my mind when I see the photographs)

There was a woman in green who I did not recognize. She came here near Henri and Maria Teresa. I will have to find out. Elena looked pretty good too.

Photo of The Crown Prince Crying:

kronprisenflderen83456a0my.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw this article a little while ago on CNN when I couldn't get into LTR.

(CNN) -- Hundreds of thousands of people have jammed the streets of Copenhagen to watch the marriage of Denmark's crown prince to his Australian bride.

Crown Prince Frederik and 32-year-old businesswoman Mary Donaldson are exchanging vows at the city's Lutheran Cathedral in front of 800 people including film star Sir Roger Moore and the crown princes and princesses of Spain, Norway and Sweden.

Amid unprecedented security in the Danish capital, the guests filed into the 175-year-old church on Friday, stopping to wave to onlookers and TV cameras.

The royal wedding marks the conclusion of something of a modern fairy tale after almost four years of courtship since the couple first met at a bar during the Sydney Olympics.

Donaldson will be the first Australian to join a European royal family and when Frederik's 64-year old mother, Queen Margrethe, dies she will become Queen Mary and her husband Frederik X, King of Denmark.

Donaldson will lose her Australian citizenship and become a Dane when she marries Frederik -- who was once considered Europe's most eligible bachelor.

From Copenhagen to Sydney, the wedding will be broadcast live around the world and police in the Danish capital expected 250,000 people to line the route of the royal motorcade to catch their glimpse of the newly-weds' horse-drawn carriage.

A massive security operation -- the biggest in Denmark's modern history -- is in place for the wedding with a third of the nation's 10,000-strong police force set to be on duty and the guest list kept secret until the last minute.

Royal wedding fever has gripped the country with celebrations beginning over a week ago and including military parades, receptions and banquets, rock concerts and other parties.

But celebrations have not been confined to Denmark, with Australians apparently delighted one of their own is marrying into Europe's oldest royal family.

Girls dressed as princesses wait for a procession await to see a procession of the couple earlier this week.
Danish media report that sales of flat-screen televisions have soared in the run-up to the wedding, while there has been an increased demand for Australian products including wine, cheese, Tim Tam biscuits and Vegemite.

The nation has been obsessed with the couple since rumors of their relationship begun despite the couple doing their best to keep it secret.

For 12 months the relationship was kept out of the spotlight, with Frederick taking secret visits to Australia. Towards the end of 2001, the couple agreed that Donaldson should move to Paris. She then moved to Copenhagen in early 2003.

Then, after months of speculation, the royal palace confirmed the romance and the couple announced their engagement in October.

CNN's Kim Norgaard contributed to this report.

Also the women who came in at about the time that the Queen came in. Older women who I did not recognize.

Originally posted by Duke@May 14th, 2004 - 9:21 am
Hi, what order is Mary father wearing? Has he just been confer also by the queen?
danneborg. A few days ago

Originally posted by Lyonnaise+May 14th, 2004 - 9:24 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lyonnaise @ May 14th, 2004 - 9:24 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Gabriella@May 14th, 2004 - 9:21 am
I may have to agree. I'm not sure if it's my internet stream, but the dress seems a bit plain to me. I was expecting something more WOW, especially for a Crown Princess wedding. (Of course, I'll probably change my mind when I see the photographs) [/b][/quote]
I like the top but not the lower part of the dress. The hair and hairdressing looks magnificent thou. And Frederik was so close to tears, so sweet... '
(Sometimes it´s nice to have a cold, so that you´re allowed to stay home and see this..) :p

Back
Top Bottom