The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-21-2004, 06:04 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by ausroyalfan@Jun 21st, 2004 - 2:35 am
Little known fact: Denmark has one of the largest AFL leagues outside of Australia - and the Denmark national team regularly plays with the teams from the UK and Canada, and Denmark look to be one of biggest chances at the 2nd AFL International Cup.

This marraige is only just the beginning!
You're not serious!!!!!!!! Wow, I would have thought that's unthinkable!!!!! But AFL is a lovely game anyway... very elegant, so that's very good (though I'm a league fan myself&#33.

Old 06-21-2004, 07:22 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally posted by King Christian@Jun 20th, 2004 - 12:46 am
Quote:
Jasl*  Posted: Jun 20th, 2004 - 12:27 am

And can you imagine having Charles ... on your coins???
The Queen is already on canadian coins. So, there's a new one, or two, who cares ..... pass me a beer please..............
You are too funny King Christian :flower:

Old 06-25-2004, 12:44 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by ews@Jun 20th, 2004 - 12:04 am
Some of the Danes need to lighten up. If if was Freddy marrying into mary's family if she was the aussie royal family, they'd all be pleased as pucnh he was saying he was still danish.

I can asure you EWS. the danes are quite opsitive about Mary. Offcourse I can't speak for al of us, but the general picture here in Denmark is that Mary is very, very popular indeed. :flower:
Old 08-05-2004, 10:32 PM
Courtier

Can anyone help me in purchasing the Double Wedding DVD that also has segments on Margrethe & Henri, Benedikte & Richard, etc.? I live in the USA and need one that I can view here. I don't speak Danish nor German. HELP!
Old 08-06-2004, 02:30 AM
Commoner

Hi michelleq,

There's an Ebay auction going on where they're selling meorabillia of the wedding, including the DVD that you've mentioned.

Ebay Auction

For more Info ,you could visit the CP Mary Board :flower: CP Mary Elizabeth of Denmark Message Board
Old 08-06-2004, 09:36 AM
CathyEarnshaw

Quote:
Originally posted by michelleq@Aug 5th, 2004 - 9:32 pm
Can anyone help me in purchasing the Double Wedding DVD that also has segments on Margrethe & Henri, Benedikte & Richard, etc.? I live in the USA and need one that I can view here. I don't speak Danish nor German. HELP!
The Danish DVD is in PAL only. It is all region but to see it in the USA, you must have a DVD player that converts PAL to NTSC. The DVD is in Danish. I ordered my mine from the GAD bookstore in Copenhagen (where they respond in English).
Old 08-08-2004, 08:02 PM
Majesty

great fun to look through these posts again
Old 08-17-2004, 11:46 PM
Nobility

I'm not sure if these links have been posted, but here are two links, one has pictures of the visit to the Parliament Building and Gala Theatre Performance on May 13th, and the second link has pictures from May 14th, the wedding day. Looking at the pictures, it is still unbelievable at the amount of splendour and grandure this event brought out.

Pictures from May 13th, 2004, the visit to the Danish Parliament Building and the Gala Theatre Perfomance that night

Pictures from May 14th, 2004, the Wedding Ceremony and Balcony Appearances
Old 08-18-2004, 12:37 AM
Courtier

The Wedding

I just re-watched parts of Frederik and Mary's wedding and it was wonderful as always. Of course the best parts are Frederik's tears right before Mary enters the church, Mary's walk up the aisle on the arm of her father, and many more.

This time around I noticed some little details that I don't remember seeing before. Right when Mary and her father turn to face Frederik, (after curtseying to the Queen), Joachim pats Frederik on the back. Also you can see Infanta Elena craning her neck to see what Mary's wedding dress looks like when Mary comes up the aisle. When the song Eternal Father Strong to Save is being sung you can see Mary wiping her eyes and then lay a hand on Frederik's leg for reassurance.
Old 08-18-2004, 05:58 AM
Courtier

I wonder if we saw the same images? (Australia used TV2 and DR images)...

Also, when Eternal Father came on, you can see CP Victoria looking intently at the people opposite her (where Mary's relatives were seated). I think it was because Jane and Patricia were crying (like Mary - as we all know, the song was their mother's favourite).

A few moments later, you see Jane's husband passing Jane some tissues, which she uses to wipe her eyes and then... she gives it back to him! (hehe... maybe those bridesmaids dressed didn't have any pockets).
Old 08-18-2004, 10:08 AM
Aristocracy

We re-watched some of the wedding a few days ago and we still love everything about it

On the wedding-day, we were standing right outside the church, at the other side of the street, which the Royalties were faced to when they arrived and started walking!!
So we got to see everyone, which was so cool!!! We also took some pictures, but they turned out a bit worse than we thought...it's hard in an all-waving group of people
Old 08-18-2004, 11:11 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasl
I wonder if we saw the same images? (Australia used TV2 and DR images)...
I just re-watched the wedding coverage from http://www.nrk.no. They used the DR wedding coverage which is the same one I watched at http://www.dr.dk live. The whole gala at the theater, arriving of guests, wedding, reception, etc., is still up at http://www.nrk.no. Prince Felipe's pre-wedding banquet and most of the wedding are still there also.
Old 08-18-2004, 11:22 AM
Commoner

translation please?

www.nrk.no is not in english. I was wondering if someone could lead me to Prince Felipes wedding banquet video and others. pointing out step by step where to go. i'm afraid i can't read this. thank you
Old 08-18-2004, 02:57 PM
Courtier

1.) When you open up the website http://www.nrk.no go to the column on the left side of the page. There are some tan colored blocks. Choose the one that says NETT-TV. It also has a symbol of a TV camera beside it.

2.) A blue box will show up. Wait a little bit and some choices will show up. Scroll down to the 33rd picture and click on Kongehus. For Frederik's wedding choose Kronprinsbryllup i Danmark. For Felipe's wedding choose Kronprinsbryllup i Spania. For the wedding banquet of Felipe choose Kongelig Bankett. The Kronprinsbryllup i Spania is most of the wedding. The ride through the streets, the balcony appearance, the reception, etc. are not included in Felipe's wedding coverage on this site. Frederik's wedding has everything except the cake cutting.

3.) You have to register to view these, but it's free. I've already registered so the registration form isn't showing up on mine. See if there's anyone who can help you through the registration. Why don't you see if Norwegianne who is the moderator for the Norwegian royal board can help you through the registration process.
Old 08-18-2004, 05:02 PM
Aristocracy

Thanks for posting that samitude :) We could register easily(we understand Norweigian), but think we'll wait a bit! But it's great that they're still up, Denmark's TV has taken many of their things down a long while ago!
Old 08-18-2004, 06:26 PM
Courtier

DKgirls, if you can register easily could you let Mashed Potatoes know how to register? I registered fine, but since I have already logged in the registration form won't come up for me anymore to tell others how to register.
Old 08-18-2004, 07:08 PM
Commoner

register to nrk.no site?

thank you. can somebody show me...guide me through registratio of the www.nrk.no site? i'd like to view videos from the crown princely weddings of this year. many thanks :)
Old 08-19-2004, 01:32 AM
Aristocracy

Sure, we can help you out!!!! If you can, can you then send us a Private Message and we can figure it out there?? (for some reason we can't send you one!)
Old 08-19-2004, 01:33 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate14
Thanks for the link, Jasl.

Mary need to be very Careful when she speaks to "strangers". You could be sure they will be all to easger to blad to the Press. Telling "Stewart" (I guessing that his name) that she will 'al-ways consider herself Australian' might not sit well with the Danes . They have embrassed her as one of their own.

IMHO and my Danish friends, we like Mary. Their opinion Mary is a great addition to the Royal Family.

I hope that quote does not come back to haunt her.

It is really no diffrenet then the Crown Prince stating that "American's were lazy" :(
Old 08-19-2004, 01:35 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ews
You know, she's had to give up a LOT for love. a LOT. BFD if she still considers herself aussie, she is HUMAN and overnight just because she says I do, doesn't mean that she has to strip all of her identity and what makes her who she is.

Some of the Danes need to lighten up. If if was Freddy marrying into mary's family if she was the aussie royal family, they'd all be pleased as pucnh he was saying he was still danish.

She may be married to the future danish head of state but she also has a past and a sense of self that isnt' totally danish and the danes bleeting upset about it on a messageboard need to learn that she's allowed some room cosnidering she has given up everything else.

So what if she said that, she's not lying its how she feels. SHe cant' totally just say she's danish if she's only livef there a little while and has only just gotten married. royalty or not. Its a huge enough task as it is having to wave and walk behind her husband and do all those boring things like hug or shake hands with annoying people.
That would be like any of you marrying a foriegner. You will always consider yourself what you have always been. However you will also consider yourselves part of your new country as well!

Tags
copenhagen, crown prince frederik, crown princess mary, frederik, mary, mary donaldson, wedding