Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark and Mary Donaldson: May 14, 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Josefine said:
Princess Madeleine of Sweden
Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden
Prince Carl Philip of Sweden

MAdeleine looks so great on this photo's!!

is there a thread about the pre wedding events of Frederick and mary and in particular the gala on the eve as i cant seem to find it anywhere please post a link if there is a thread

PrincessofEurope said:
is there a thread about the pre wedding events of Frederick and mary and in particular the gala on the eve as i cant seem to find it anywhere please post a link if there is a thread

You can read the topic here. :flowers: , PoE. If you would like to read about Mary and Frederik's events from December 2003 - May 2004, which includes events and so forth prior to their big day, please click here.

Thanks for these youtube clips Elsa, I just love the wedding waltz! It looks like a fairy tale. Thumbs up to Queen Margrethe for being able to organise such an event with so much style, unlike many other courts she is able to cling on to this old-world type of royalty (combined with more modern aspects of course).

I like Mary's dress much better like this btw, without the enormous train (though I know these come obligatory for major royal brides ;)). The couple seems to be in desperate need for some dancing lessons though, but their clumsiness looks very charming.

Marengo said:
The couple seems to be in desperate need for some dancing lessons though, but their clumsiness looks very charming.
I think by that time (midnight?) they must both have been absolutely wiped out. To stay upright, and, for Mary to be able to even walk in those gorgeous shoes, let alone dance! :frazzled:

I think they were wonderfully romantic. For all their somewhat wooden dancing, they hung in there, still looking into each other's eye's with such love. :in_love:

I can't imagine how much strain it would put on the bridal couple to be 'On Parade' for the entire day, so.... I'm guessing they were in deperate need of sleep! :headache:

ps. I don't think the "Wedding Walz" lends itself to graceful swirling, especially when everyone is clapping a very wooden beat.

With all the interest in Marie Cavallier's upcoming wedding I was looking at Danish designers (don't have a clue who she will pick) and at Uffe Frank who designed Mary's dress.

I don't know if this link has been posted before but on his website he has the sketches of Mary's dress (Look under the Sketches link on the left) and under Press there are articles in magazines and the first three articles have photos of Mary at her wedding and sketches.

The article from Point de Vue is very nice as it has the sketches of the red gala dress and the bridesmaids dress as well - which I haven't seen before.

UFFE FRANK the Royal Danish designer

does anybody know where i can see videos of the ceremony?

Gabys, there are several clips on Youtube besides the four posted above by Elsa M.

You may also want to check out [URL="http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f32/fan-videos-frederik-mary-8313-2.html"]this[/URL] topic located in the Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary sub-forum.

Second, you can watch the Mary Elizabeth Donaldson documentary shown prior to her marriage [URL="http://www.youtube.com/user/royalsophietje"]here[/URL].

To view the entire ceremony, from NRK.no, please click [URL="http://www1.nrk.no/nett-tv/klipp/38044"]here[/URL]. At first the website will say, "Hvor lang tid tar det å kjøre testen?" Which is essentially trying to figure out your connection speed. Then you will be connected to the entire program.

Enjoy:flowers:

I really liked the colour of Mary's dress and the fabric. The portrait neckline and sleeves were very simple but the skirt really was too much with the panels of lace. It should have been left at a simple bell shape.

Gabys, there are several clips on Youtube besides the four posted above by Elsa M.

You may also want to check out [URL="http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f32/fan-videos-frederik-mary-8313-2.html"]this[/URL] topic located in the Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary sub-forum.

Second, you can watch the Mary Elizabeth Donaldson documentary shown prior to her marriage [URL="http://www.youtube.com/user/royalsophietje"]here[/URL].

To view the entire ceremony, from NRK.no, please click [URL="http://www1.nrk.no/nett-tv/klipp/38044"]here[/URL]. At first the website will say, "Hvor lang tid tar det å kjøre testen?" Which is essentially trying to figure out your connection speed. Then you will be connected to the entire program.

Enjoy:flowers:
thank you it was great

Last edited:
:crown6:Hi people!!!...I would like to know How tall Fred is?...In cm, please!!...Thanks a lot, in advance!:angel::flowers:

According to 'Se & Hør' Frederik has lost his wedding ring during a diving trip to Florida...

:eek:

Oh no! How terrible to lose your wedding ring. I would be so sad if I lost mine. Can you imagine finding it? Hopefully, if someone does find his ring, they will do the right thing and return it to him immediately.

Thanks Elsa M, for posting these links! I was finally able to get them to work and to see the entire wedding -- only four years late. :flowers:

It was worth the wait!

Yes, thank you for the links.

Even though I have the wedding recorded at home, it was still very nice to see special moments from this wedding again. :wub:

Yes, thank you for the links.

Even though I have the wedding recorded at home, it was still very nice to see special moments from this wedding again. :wub:

And it's so nice to know from the new book about Frederick that they obviously are still so deeply in love.

And it's so nice to know from the new book about Frederick that they obviously are still so deeply in love.
Yes, its very nice to know, because they are such a good match.

I just think its a shame that they never express their love for each other in public, because everything has to be so formal and by the book.

Even though I love our Monarchy, the traditions and our royal family, I sometimes wish they would/could show the rest of the world, just how much they love each other, like us common people can/do. :wub:

Yes, its very nice to know, because they are such a good match.

I just think its a shame that they never express their love for each other in public, because everything has to be so formal and by the book.

Even though I love our Monarchy, the traditions and our royal family, I sometimes wish they would/could show the rest of the world, just how much they love each other, like us common people can/do. :wub:

Don't you think that their love can be seen in the way they look at each other? There was a moment at Joachim's wedding when they were sitting behind the queen and Henrik and for a moment exchanged a look - that was lovely to see, as if they were reminiscensing...

thanks so much for such a stunning photo and video history of a wedding! The dance shown in the video, made me almost cry. Very precious and I could feel history in the making. Her gown was incredible....she was perfect. He looked handsome and so in love with her. Very moving thread.

Does anybody know how to open the video. When I click on the links no video appears just the title of the section. Hope its not too much trouble.
I would love to see it from start to finish

Don't you think that their love can be seen in the way they look at each other? There was a moment at Joachim's wedding when they were sitting behind the queen and Henrik and for a moment exchanged a look - that was lovely to see, as if they were reminiscensing...
Yes, you might be able to see their love, by the way that they look at each other.

But this is almost the only way you can tell, since they dont kiss, embrace ect. in public.

Back
Top Bottom