Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-25-2004, 03:27 AM
Commoner

Mary is excellence bride

Old 05-25-2004, 05:58 PM

Hello,

I am ordering the DVD and I live in the States. What does
"Postnr. og By" mean? I don't know what to enter in that box.

Also, does anyone have more info on how we pay for this, since we have to pay when it arrives?

Old 05-25-2004, 11:14 PM
Royal Highness

Has anybody seen this linek ?

http://www.panoramas.dk/fullscreen3/f20.html

FANTASTIC !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-25-2004, 11:54 PM
Courtier

That is a wonderful link, thanks!
Old 05-26-2004, 06:26 AM
Commoner

by = city
portnr.= areal code
Old 05-26-2004, 06:31 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Originally posted by King Christian@May 25th, 2004 - 11:14 pm
Has anybody seen this linek ?

http://www.panoramas.dk/fullscreen3/f20.html

FANTASTIC !!!!!!!!!!!!
Excellent site. Great photos too.
Old 05-28-2004, 09:43 AM
Courtier

If you had to tell another person about the Danish royal wedding, and the bits which were most memorable for you, what would you include?

For me, the following images stood out: in the beginning, Fred was taking deep breaths, making me worry that he would pass out . And then the music started, his eyes started watering. Joachim cracked a joke, Fred smiled through his tears. Inevitably a quiet moment and then the tears started welling in his eyes; Joachim understood and didn't interrupt.

And then Mary walking down the aisle, and Fred sniffing furiously... and then eagerly walking towards Mary and her dad as they completed the bow and curtsey to the queen.

And Mary putting her hand on Fred's leg, and Fred massaging her hand.

:flower:
Old 05-28-2004, 09:56 AM
Courtier

I guess Fred's tearing up would be one highlight, certainly, and that lovely little kiss on the cheek Mary gave him in the carriage afterwards. You're right that there were lots of great moments that day.
Old 05-28-2004, 10:19 AM
Commoner

both of those were very memorable and touching, but i must add one more moment to that,
the one where mary was giving her bouquet to Amber and frederik was looking at Mary like he was entranced by her and the whole outfit, like he never seen a more beautiful person. god, makes me want to cry
Old 05-28-2004, 05:22 PM
Serene Highness

Stunning Backdrops to spring's royal nuptials

Prince Frederik married his Tasmanian-born bride Mary Donaldson in Copenhagen on May 14. The emotional ceremony - the groom wiped a tear from his eye even before he caught sight of Mary walking down the aisle - took place at Vor Frue Kirke cathedral.

It was a day filled with spontaneous gestures. The pretty Australian held her partner's hand to help calm his nerves during the ceremony, and then the pair paused for a kiss even before emerging into the sunlight.

Outside, thousands of well-wishers lined the streets where the wedding was broadcast on big screens and the capital's buses were decked out with Australian flags in honour of the new princess.

The scenic northern European city which formed the backdrop to the Danish nuptials includes many other year-round sights including the official residence of Queen Margrethe, Amalienborg Palace. Here tourists flock to watch the changing of the guard daily at 12pm, before exploring the city's nearby botanical gardens, called Botanisk Have. These nestle in 25 acres of grounds alongside the 17th-century Rosenborg Palace, where the Danish Crown Jewels and other treasures are housed.

A relaxing stroll in the canal district, Nyhavn, famed onetime home of Hans Christian Andersen, is a must for any visit to the capital city. In addition to taking in the local colour – and checking out the famous Little Mermaid statue – one can enjoy traditional cuisine and sample local beers at any number of quaint waterside bars and cafes. And for souvenir shopping, head to Stroeget, where you'll find the world's longest pedestrian street, lined with both reasonably priced souvenir stands and upmarket shops.

It was an emotional day for Denmark's Prince Frederik, when he tied the knot with his Australian sweetheart in picturesque northern capital of Copenhagen

Colourfully painted buildings line the city's wooden-ship-lined Nyhavn seafront

The Little Mermaid statue is probably Copenhagen's best known landmark

Visitors to the Danish capital can wander the local Gammel Strand flea market in search of bargains...

... or simply chill out in the lush surroundings of the city's botanical gardens, Frederiksberg Have

A highlight of a visit to the royal residence section of Amalienborg Palace is the daily changing of the guard

The city's network of picturesque canals can be explored by rowing boat, which are available for hire

A winter snowfall turns Christiansborg Palace into a scene of picture postcard beauty

from hellomagazine
Old 06-01-2004, 01:03 AM
Nobility

NEARLY 40,000 VOTES CAST IN ROYAL WEDDING POLL
31 May 2004
from www.hellomagazine.com

Whether romantic, elegant or traditional, its clear that royal weddings are a big hit with hellomagazine.com readers.

In our latest royalty poll, asking our readers which recent wedding – that of Crown Prince Felipe and Letizia Ortiz, or of Crown Prince Frederik and Mary Donaldson – was best, a whopping 40,000 voters logged on to make their opinion known.

While those following our coverage obviously enjoyed the pomp and circumstance of both royal nuptials, it was Felipe and Letizia's stately May 22 ceremony in Spain which came out on top, winning 57 per cent of the vote.

Frederik and Mary's romantic wedding, held in Copenhagen one week prior, was preferred by nearly 17,000 of those who logged on, scoring 43 per cent.
Old 06-02-2004, 07:00 AM
Majesty

at frederiks forum you will find some great fanart and wallpapers of the wedding...
Old 06-07-2004, 02:59 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Did everybody see the issue of Semana that had the photos of the wedding? That was great. Big, colorful photos. Great magazine.
Old 06-13-2004, 02:25 AM
Courtier

I don't know where to put this , and I don't really know if the guy is for real (if he really did the things he said he did), but it's something to read and Naomi Toy did go to Denmark!! :P

Reflections of an Australian in Denmark. Just a little extract (I think that's allowed&#33:

Detour to Denmark
What wedding?

By Stewart Mullin

Wife and I are invited to the Australian Ambassador’s Copenhagen residence for drinks with Frederik and Mary. It seems that me and about 70 other Australians (and partners) were invited to this little soiree. Just to give you the facts about the day, we were invited from 5pm-7pm the dress style was 'lounge' which does not really tell you anything.
Old 06-13-2004, 02:54 AM
Royal Highness

This is interesting--wish I could read the whole article!!!
Old 06-13-2004, 03:11 AM
Courtier

Yes you can, I put the link just before the extract . But you're right, it wasn't clear that it was the link.

Anyway here it is again: Link .

NB. Link from Australians Abroad website, and 'blog' written by Stewart Mullin).
Old 06-13-2004, 09:24 AM
Commoner

What a great read :-)
Old 06-13-2004, 10:08 AM
Aristocracy

Thanks for the link, Jasl.

Mary need to be very Careful when she speaks to "strangers". You could be sure they will be all to easger to blad to the Press. Telling "Stewart" (I guessing that his name) that she will 'al-ways consider herself Australian' might not sit well with the Danes . They have embrassed her as one of their own.

IMHO and my Danish friends, we like Mary. Their opinion Mary is a great addition to the Royal Family.

I hope that quote does not come back to haunt her.
Old 06-13-2004, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by kate14@Jun 13th, 2004 - 10:08 am

Mary need to be very Careful when she speaks to "strangers".  You could be sure they will be all to easger to blad to the Press.  Telling "Stewart" (I guessing that his name) that she will 'al-ways consider herself Australian' might not sit well with the Danes .  They have embrassed her as one of their own.

I hope that quote does not come back to haunt her.
Following Jasl post about Stewart.....

I have an Aussie friend (living in DK, married to a Dane) who also attended the reception at the Australian Ambassadors residence. (She apparently knows this Stewart guy who contributes articles to Aust'ns Abroad) Anyway, she also chatted to Mary for a while... her observation was that Mary was really lovely but seemed to be very circumspect in her responses to questions (Mmmm, pity she dropped her guard in front of Stewart&#33, her other observation was Mary's amazing skin - she said that Mary was more stunning in real life than in photos.

Anyway, another little titbit.... a few weeks later, Mary attended the ANZAC day service in Copenhagen - word was that she was looking a little sad/reflective - her last ANZAC day as an Aussie! This time it was the Aust'n Ambassador that blabbed! He told a few people in attendance that he'd met with Mary the previous week to accept her renunciation of Australian citizenship which he said could account for her pensiveness.

By the way, hello to Jasl! I've just found my way to this message board. Have been reading the RBMB for a while... but have really had enough of that board now.
Old 06-13-2004, 11:24 AM
Aristocracy

Thanks for sharing Royalviewer.

It is important for Mary to remember to be on GUARD, 24 hours a day - 7 days a week.

Tags
copenhagen, crown prince frederik, crown princess mary, frederik, mary, mary donaldson, wedding