The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-19-2004, 06:49 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally posted by holly*anja@May 18th, 2004 - 11:20 pm
Frederik's tears at the ceremony almost made ME cry!
i got all emotional as well when i saw the tears in his eyes. but that was so beautiful and sweet. i wish both of them lots of love and happiness for the rest of their lives.

Old 05-19-2004, 08:31 AM
Gentry

I'm so glad I wasn't the only weeping one last Friday!

Old 05-19-2004, 09:51 AM
Nobility

More Wedding Photos At Worldroots:
http://www.worldroots.com/brigitte/r...37-denmark.htm
Old 05-19-2004, 10:23 AM
Nobility

PLEASE can someone help me out. I live in the US and we get very few publications featuring European royals.....I always feel like I am missing out.

I would LOVE to be able to get some commemorative ROYAL WEDDING magazine, books, postcards, DVDs. If someone in Denmark is willing to pick up some things for me I would be thrilled - I am very reliable and honest and would pay for the items plus shipping plus a little something extra for your kindness. Perhaps send me a "PM" to let me know if you are willing. THANK YOU.

I apologize this post may look a little tacky, but I am dying for pictures and videos of this wedding. Please understand! :flower:
Old 05-19-2004, 10:26 AM
Heir Apparent

The Danish wedding is on this week's HELLO! magazine. Lots of great pictures --many of which were posted here and availble on the web already. But definitely a keepsake, I would say.

I live in Toronto, Canada and picked it up at my local magazine shop, so it is available elsewhere in other metropolitan areas, too, I'm sure.
Old 05-19-2004, 11:02 AM

Thanks for the link to the worldroots site, it had great photos. I looked and looked for one of the whole wedding party to see the colors and styles of the bridesmaids and this site had a beautiful formal shot. The colors were gorgeous together. I thought the different tones were very nice, and both mothers coordinated their outfits. The flowers in the church were magnificent.
Old 05-19-2004, 09:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Also from Worldroots, a very large file of the formal portrait with the guests: Formal portrait

I guess it must be hard to co-ordinate this many people to be smiling and looking at the camera at the same time!

Notice:
Nikolaos and Theodra looking down at something?

Maxima, Mathilde and Henri blinking.

Willem looking perplexed.

Sonja doesn't look impressed about something.

Sophie caught mid-sentence?

Joachim's face partially blocked by his mother's tiara.

But most of the guests seem to be looking at the camera and smiling, so that's a score for the photographer!
Old 05-19-2004, 09:43 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
That is not the most attractive expression from Sophie. Too bad. Mathilde looks like she is off in a dreamland. The guy to the left of Mette-Marit looks like he is sleeping. Great photo.
Old 05-19-2004, 09:53 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Alexandria  Posted: May 19th, 2004 - 8:34 pm

Also from Worldroots, a very large file of the formal portrait with the guests: Formal portrait
What sash is the Father-in-law of CP Fred wearing?

OT: how long is Father-in-law's appointment at the University of Aarhus?
- is he using that opportunity to check out some real estate for a vacation/retirement home in Denmark?
Old 05-19-2004, 11:21 PM
Royal Highness

I just read else where on the www that CP Fred's father-in-law was awarded the Grand Cross of the Order of the Dannebrog, which he received on the occasion of the wedding.

BTW, Princess Alexandra's father was awarded the same sash, as was the father and later the mother of Prince Henrik.
Old 05-20-2004, 02:46 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Also from Worldroots, a very large file of the formal portrait with the guests.
Where's Prince Albert, Prince Ernst, and Princess Caroline?
Old 05-20-2004, 03:23 AM
Commoner

does anyone know if any of the jordanian royals attendent the wedding? cause i didnt notice any of them while i was watching the wedding.
Old 05-20-2004, 07:24 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally posted by srbjakoska@May 20th, 2004 - 3:23 am
does anyone know if any of the jordanian royals attendent the wedding? cause i didnt notice any of them while i was watching the wedding.
I'm quite sure, that they didn't. I haven't seen any pictures or TV-clips with them.
Old 05-20-2004, 07:30 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Jean@May 19th, 2004 - 10:23 am
PLEASE can someone help me out. I live in the US and we get very few publications featuring European royals.....I always feel like I am missing out.

I would LOVE to be able to get some commemorative ROYAL WEDDING magazine, books, postcards, DVDs. If someone in Denmark is willing to pick up some things for me I would be thrilled - I am very reliable and honest and would pay for the items plus shipping plus a little something extra for your kindness. Perhaps send me a "PM" to let me know if you are willing. THANK YOU.

I apologize this post may look a little tacky, but I am dying for pictures and videos of this wedding. Please understand! :flower:
You can order a DVD with 6 hours of clips from the recent danish royal wedding at this site:

www.billed-bladet.dk

Please let me know, if you need any help ordering due to the language.

The price of the DVD is 129,- d. kr. plus a 70,- d.kr. fee for overseas shipping. That is approx. 33 USD.
Old 05-20-2004, 07:37 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by King Christian@May 19th, 2004 - 10:21 pm
I just read else where on the www that CP Fred's father-in-law was awarded the Grand Cross of the Order of the Dannebrog, which he received on the occasion of the wedding.

BTW, Princess Alexandra's father was awarded the same sash, as was the father and later the mother of Prince Henrik.
I thought only one parent gets it. Only Alex's dad got it.... so why did both of Prince Henrik's parents get one each??? Did Henrik chuck a tantrum or something :P (just kidding... I kinda like Prince Henrik).
Old 05-20-2004, 08:34 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally posted by almaboud@May 19th, 2004 - 11:02 am
Thanks for the link to the worldroots site, it had great photos.  I looked and looked for one of the whole wedding party to see the colors and styles of the bridesmaids and this site had a beautiful formal shot.  The colors were gorgeous together.  I thought the different tones were very nice, and both mothers coordinated their outfits.  The flowers in the church were magnificent.
Another thing I noted that the worldroots site is that there is an alternative photo of when mary was first caught going to a formal event with frederik in Denmark (where she's in the hotpink dress). Everyone says how cold she looks in those photos, but the site actually has a version where she is smiling!

http://worldroots.com/brigitte/gifs2/freddenmark25.jpg
Old 05-20-2004, 12:34 PM
Courtier

You beat me to it! I was just getting ready to post those! :)

Take notice of all the formal wedding portraits on the walls around the room. I like that.
Old 05-20-2004, 12:44 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Jasl  Posted: May 20th, 2004 - 6:37 am

.... so why did both of Prince Henrik's parents get one each??? Did Henrik chuck a tantrum
Yep ... probably the combination of him being Prince Consort and his mother being a dubious comtess did the trick to get a bit more legitimacy.
Old 05-20-2004, 03:02 PM

the french magazine Point de Vue published a special report about the wedding...
Old 05-20-2004, 04:37 PM
Commoner

Quote:
You can order a DVD with 6 hours of clips from the recent danish royal wedding at this site:

www.billed-bladet.dk

Please let me know, if you need any help ordering due to the language.

How do you know which DVD to buy? It has 4 different options, but I am not sure what the difference is.

Thanks in advance!

Tags
copenhagen, crown prince frederik, crown princess mary, frederik, mary, mary donaldson, wedding