Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-17-2004, 09:43 PM
Nobility

Post Has Been Moved To:
http://www.lestribunesroyales.com/forums/i...=60#entry111893

Old 05-18-2004, 01:28 AM
Royal Highness

The two articles that I posted from the Sacramento Bee and the San Francisco Chronicle have disappeared, so here they are, I finally found a way to link rather than post.... Enjoy! They are even legable.

San Francisco Chronicle Article

Sacramento Bee Article

Enjoy!

Chanel

Old 05-18-2004, 01:31 AM
Commoner

Thanks Chanel, that was a great post
Old 05-18-2004, 02:21 AM
Commoner

Did anyone else notice the change in HM the Queens voice when during her speech at the wedding she said: " og mormor Frederik..." (and grandmother Frederik...). That was such an emotional moment, when she talked of Queen Ingrid, cause you know how tight HRH the Crown Prince was with her. And it was really audible that HM the Queen was talking about something very personal, her voice changed a lot.
Old 05-18-2004, 02:49 AM

I absolutely loved the dress, it made her look so statuesque. And seeing her walk down the aisle was such a wow-moment.
Old 05-18-2004, 02:53 AM

I loved the way the church looked with the beautiful floral-decorations and the bridesmaids in matching dresses. It was clear to see that HM Queen Margrethe had been involved in the process. It was so co-ordinated and the colours of the flowers and the bridesmaids dresses was even present in HM's own dress. It was perfect.
Old 05-18-2004, 04:04 AM
Royal Highness

I want to say congratulations to TRH and wish them much happiness!! HRH's speech to his lovely bride was beautiful!!!
Old 05-18-2004, 08:50 AM
Courtier

I just saw Letiza's picture. She's a knockout! She looked absolutely fantastic! I expect her to be a beautiful bride just like Mary, who, I repeat , looked beautiful. :P
Old 05-18-2004, 10:34 AM
Courtier

The crown prince's official website has the official wedding photos in a gallery now for downloading. They're very nice.

http://www.hkhkronprinsen.dk/99000c

Here's a copy of the large official group photo taken at Frederik and Mary's wedding from The World Roots Royal pages. It shows alot of detail.

Photo
Old 05-18-2004, 03:41 PM
Nobility

May 18, 2004 - TV 2

Crown Prince Couple's Gifts Exhibited

The Danish population now gains the opportunity to see the wedding gifts given to Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary. The gifts will be displayed on Christiansborg in two weeks. At the moment, the court's employees work round the clock to open and register all the gifts given to the couple. According the court's PR chief, Lis M. Frederiksen, the Crown Prince Couple have received many gifts. "The precise number will not be known until next week after all the gifts have been registered," she says. "The gifts are being unwrapped and registered as we speak. It's a lot of work because of the large number of gifts," Lis M. Frederiksen explains. When Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra were married in 1995, they received about 1000 gifts.
Old 05-18-2004, 06:06 PM

i was surprised when i read that some people didn't really like the dress. everyone i've talked to so far loved it.
Old 05-18-2004, 06:20 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally posted by montecarlo@May 18th, 2004 - 3:41 pm
May 18, 2004 - TV 2

Crown Prince Couple's Gifts Exhibited

The Danish population now gains the opportunity to see the wedding gifts given to Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary. The gifts will be displayed on Christiansborg in two weeks. At the moment, the court's employees work round the clock to open and register all the gifts given to the couple. According the court's PR chief, Lis M. Frederiksen, the Crown Prince Couple have received many gifts. "The precise number will not be known until next week after all the gifts have been registered," she says. "The gifts are being unwrapped and registered as we speak. It's a lot of work because of the large number of gifts," Lis M. Frederiksen explains. When Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra were married in 1995, they received about 1000 gifts.
I believe that Danish television (DR1) plans a program from the exhibition, they have already shown many of the gifts in various programs. When the program airs it can be found at www.dr.dk
Old 05-18-2004, 06:48 PM
Gentry

The dress will be on exhibition from thursday at Amalienborg-museet, the weddingdresses of HM Queen Margrethe, Queen Ingrid and Queen Alexandrine will also be displayed.
Old 05-18-2004, 08:46 PM
Nobility

More pictures from the wedding and the wedding banquet and ball, May 14, 2004

A LARGE picture of the group photo including the Royal guests (you can see every detail of the guests and jewels)

The Royal guests lined up to watch the Crown Prince and Crown Prncess of Denmark walk by for the banquet

The Royal guests watching Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik pass at the banquet

Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra of Denmark arriving for the banquet (I wish we had a better picture of her necklace!!&#33

The Crown Prince of Spain and his fiancee arriving for the wedding banquet

Princess Martha Louise of Norway arriving for the banquet

Prince Ernst of Hannover and his stunning wife Princess Caroline of Hannover and Monaco

A closeup of The Crown Princess of Sweden arriving for the banquet

The Crown Prince and Crown Princess of The Netherlands arriving for the wedding banquet

Martha Louise and Ari Behn again

The King and Queen of Norway arriving to the wedding banquet

The King and Queen of Sweden at the wedding banquet

A closeup of Princess Madeliene of Sweden arriving at the banquet

Queen Beatrix of The Netherlands and Queen Sofia of Spain arriving for the wedding banquet

View of Princess Mary arriving at her seat at the banquet following her wedding along with other royals

A closeup of Queen Silvia of Sweden outside the church

Prince Albert of Monaco leaving the church after the wedding

Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra of Denmark leaving the church

Alexandra and Joachim waving as they leave the church

The back and side of the Earl and Countess of Wessex as they leave the ceremony

Princess Benedikte and Prince Richard leaving the church

A closeup of Queen Margrethe and Crown Prince Frederick dancing at the ball

The next to marry (hopefully in as much splendour!!&#33

May they live happily ever after!!!
Old 05-18-2004, 09:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Did Mary make a speech at the wedding? I have read the speeches by Queen Margrethe, Prince Henrik, Crown Prince Frederik and John Donaldson. Nothing from Mary or one of her sisters or her brother?
Old 05-18-2004, 09:58 PM
Courtier

As far as I know she didn't. I don't believe it's traditional for the bride to make a speech at these weddings. Usually, I believe it's only the men that make the toasts. Well, in this case Margrethe did as well because she is the sovereign.
Old 05-18-2004, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Theilmann@May 18th, 2004 - 6:48 pm
The dress will be on exhibition from thursday at Amalienborg-museet, the weddingdresses of HM Queen Margrethe, Queen Ingrid and Queen Alexandrine will also be displayed.
Where did you see that. On the television they only said that the gifts would be on display. ( TV2 nyhederne, so perhaps not surprizing if they didn't get the full story ) Will it be on display for long, cause I can't get to Cph. for some time.
Old 05-19-2004, 12:20 AM
Gentry

Ok, maybe this is the little 'ol romantic coming out in me but the Danish royal wedding last week really made me smile. It was so wonderful to see the fairytale - girl meets prince, girl marries prince. But more than that, it was so wonderful to see a wedding between two people who so obviously love each other. Frederik's tears at the ceremony almost made ME cry! I also was really uplifted by the pictures and video of the Danish people coming out to show their support for Mary and Frederik. I will say that that's something I really miss being back here in the states. Americans don't often gather like that (I guess we don't have much reason to&#33.

Ok, I'm done being sappy now. Just thought I'd share. It's 5 days after the wedding and I'm still enchanted....
Old 05-19-2004, 01:08 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally posted by holly*anja@May 19th, 2004 - 12:20 am
Frederik's tears at the ceremony almost made ME cry!
Well I spent most of the wedding handing out handkerchiefs :P
Old 05-19-2004, 02:17 AM
Gentry

Just read on DR.DK that it's apparently unusual for Danes to wear the weddingring on the left hand as the couple does. Traditionally it should be worn on the right. Don't know why I'm writing this, just thought someone would like to know.

Tags
copenhagen, crown prince frederik, crown princess mary, frederik, mary, mary donaldson, wedding