Crown Prince Billah of Brunei & Sarah Salleh - September 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
by the way cutie, why the curiosity about the guy in the glasses and the sultana? if you dont mind my asking

To Humera,

I like Malyasian royalty very much but there is not much info available. that's why i am interested.

Now, in both these pictures, she's accompanied by an elderly gentleman and the one wearing glasses. On Gettyimages, the elderly gentlemen is identified as Sultan Iskandar Al-Haj of Malaysia's Johor state. So the lady's presumably his wife and like you suspected, the guy in the glasses is probably their son.

Here's a good link I found about Malaysian royal history, at the bottom of the page, all the various states are listed
http://www.4dw.net/royalark/Malaysia/malaysia.htm

Last edited:
The woman in the lilac dress is Sultanah Zanariah. She is a former Miss Malaysia.

Humera,

how did you find the picture in post#83 and your previous posts?

Last edited by a moderator:
well most of the pictures are from Gettyimages, but there's also pictures on Polfoto and I found some on http://www.imaginescan.dk but they're gone now, they were up a couple of days ago, unfortunately you cant search the archive on that site

cutie said:
He is not the prince, he is one of the Sultan from "Kelantan" (a state in Malaysia, eastern side of Malaysia) His name is HRH Sultan Ismail Petra. He has 4 kids, eldest (crown prince of Kelantan) just got married few months back with his distant relative from southern Thailand, the other 2 kids is boy and a girl.

Hi, the woman in lilac is not from Brunei, she is a Sultanah Zanariah(name or title given to Sultan's wife in Malay) from the state of Johor, Malaysia (Johor is the southen state in Malaysia- near Singapore) and BTW is is not as young as she look, probably 60 plus> *surprise*
And the sitting, they didn't put their spouse next to each other, (probably ti mingle) but in real fact, the guy next to her (as i explained above: Sultan Ismail) is her distant relative.

Last edited by a moderator:
Titania said:
There was another function where the Crown Prince gives his bride to be gifts. The gifts were very lavish. And the gifts given to the guest is beautiful. Its like a golden jewelry box. i will try to post the pictures, and if i can i will scan the pictures from the royal book for all of you

Was it the Akad Nikah (religious wedding ceremony)? I thought the function where the couple wear blue dress was Bersanding ceremony and it is traditional ceremony. On the Akad Nikah usuallythe groom will give gifts to his bride. The gifts called mahar.

Back
Top Bottom