http://img460.imageshack.us/img460/6475/512851996kx.jpg
http://img460.imageshack.us/img460/4...0sultan0pg.jpg
http://img460.imageshack.us/img460/2...n2c20princ.jpg
http://img460.imageshack.us/img460/6...2020queen2.jpg
http://img460.imageshack.us/img460/5...t20gloria2.jpg

Old 09-12-2004, 05:41 PM
Courtier

Smile

Humera, please educate me. You said that the Crown Prince will pay for Princess Sarah's education if she choses to go to college. Does this mean she will be allowed to have a career?

Old 09-12-2004, 06:33 PM
bluetortuga

The women of Brunei do not lead cloistered lives like the women of Suadi Arabia. Queen Saleha, the Crown Prince's mother, maintains a very high profile in Brunei, and supports a number of initiatives in the sultanate (healthcare, women's health, child care, education, etc.) In the beginning, we may not see much of Princess Sarah because she will have to complete her education and of course, produce some heirs for Al-Muhtadee Billah.
Old 09-12-2004, 10:16 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrant
Humera, please educate me. You said that the Crown Prince will pay for Princess Sarah's education if she choses to go to college. Does this mean she will be allowed to have a career?
I was speaking from a religious point of view, in Islam it is the husband's responsibility if his wife wants to pursue further education. From what I've read, Princess Sarah is very likely to continue her education after her marriage, very much like the young crown prince and princess of Jordan. As for a career, Princess Sarah is only 17, I dont know if she wants to have one. But as the crown princess, she'll be expected to perform more official duties which wont leave her much time to have a career. Besides, I hardly thinks she needs to work for money.
Old 09-13-2004, 04:37 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
I was speaking from a religious point of view, in Islam it is the husband's responsibility if his wife wants to pursue further education. From what I've read, Princess Sarah is very likely to continue her education after her marriage, very much like the young crown prince and princess of Jordan. As for a career, Princess Sarah is only 17, I dont know if she wants to have one. But as the crown princess, she'll be expected to perform more official duties which wont leave her much time to have a career. Besides, I hardly thinks she needs to work for money.
You're right that she wouldn't need the money :) I wasn't really thinking of from a money angle but more of something like using whatever field of study she went into.
Old 09-13-2004, 05:12 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrant
You're right that she wouldn't need the money :) I wasn't really thinking of from a money angle but more of something like using whatever field of study she went into.
yeah i see what you mean but i dont think she'll choose to have a career. Look at the new crown princesses of Spain and Denmark. Both of them left behind careers to marry their princes. The royal family of Brunei is so wealthy and I think it'll seem very odd if the crown princesses was to work. But ofcourse Princess Sarah can always choose to focus on the areas that interest her when its time for her to perform official duties as a princess. But since she's still studying, I dont think she'll be doing much of that either.
Old 09-13-2004, 09:38 PM
Commoner

Thumbs up Thanks to Humera

Thanks Humera for posting all these beautiful pics and for starting this very thread...

AMAZING..BEAUTIFUL & indeed ROYAL wedding...

The bride, although a commoner, seemed relaxed and confident in all photos...She is indeed beautiful...Not only her mom (Swiss) is tall but her brunei father is tall as well...So that is why she is also tall...:p
Old 09-14-2004, 05:52 PM
Gentry

yes, that the picture. do you think he's the son of the sultana? would you know his name?
Old 09-14-2004, 06:02 PM
Super Moderator

sorry cutie, I haven't been able to find out his name. I've been through Gettyimages and other sites but in all the pictures, he's walking behind the sultan and the captions dont identify him. He's very likely a member of either the royal family of Brunei or Malaysia.
Old 09-14-2004, 07:30 PM
Nobility

I have never posted before on any site, so I do hope this is appropriate. I was wondering if anyone would know How many wives the Sultan of Brunei had or has and his children as to who they belong to.
Thanks a million.
Old 09-14-2004, 08:46 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlottestreasures
I have never posted before on any site, so I do hope this is appropriate. I was wondering if anyone would know How many wives the Sultan of Brunei had or has and his children as to who they belong to.
Thanks a million.
Someone correct me if im wrong, I believe he had two wives. He divorced one last year I believe. The Government of Brunei website only mentions his present wife, Queen Saleha and that he has ten kids, four sons and six daughters.
hope that helps
oh and welcome to the royal forums:)
Old 09-14-2004, 08:58 PM
Gentry

thank you so much Humera.

do you think that prince is the son of the sultanah in lilac? do you know the name of this sultanah?
Old 09-14-2004, 09:22 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutie
thank you so much Humera.

do you think that prince is the son of the sultanah in lilac? do you know the name of this sultanah?
I could not find out who that lady is. I looked at the pictures of all the women who accompanied the Queen to the banquet but she wasn't prominent in them. Also, the brunei royal wedding website doesnt identify anyone either. Its really annoying because I dont speak the language and so I have no clue who anyone is unless ofcourse they're identified on Gettyimages.
I would say the same for your second question. The young woman is obviously a member of the brunei royal family but i dont know her name.
We really could use someone from Brunei on this forum!
Old 09-14-2004, 11:27 PM
Gentry

To Humera,

I found a very interesting site on Malaysian Sultans and Sultanas. Do you think the prince is the son?

http://www.rajakita.org.my/portal_bi/rk2/rk2.htm
Old 09-14-2004, 11:30 PM
Gentry

To Humera,

On the left, click on "His Majesty and Her Majesty".
Old 09-15-2004, 01:27 AM
Super Moderator

thanx for that site cutie.
I went to that link...there's so many peoples' pictures in there, plus there's no english titles besides the names so its a little confusing. I dont know if the woman you're refering to is Malaysian royalty, she could be a member of Brunei royalty. What I do know is that Malaysia's various states have sultans and sultanahs, and I dont know anything about all of them.

Here's two pictures of malaysian royalty. The lady you were curious about isn't identified in any of the pictures, I have no clue who she is.

The first one is that of malaysian royalty, the Queen of State of Kelantan (L) and the Queen of State of Pahang

The second picture is of Malaysia's Queen Fauzia with Brunei's Queen Saleha

www.gettyimages.com

http://img277.imageshack.us/img277/9832/512839551an.jpg
http://img277.imageshack.us/img277/7972/512839450yy.jpg