British Pathé- British Royal Weddings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

An Ard Ri

Super Moderator
Site Team
City
An Iarmhí
Country
Ireland
British Pathé- British Royal Weddings

British Pathé have recently uploaded thousands of historic footage online and have added thousands of video's over the past few weeks on their amazing YouTube channel.

Here's a selection of what I've had time to view

Prince Henry, Duke of Gloucester to Lady Alice Montagu Douglas Scott 1935

The Royal Wedding (1935) - YouTube

Thanks for these!! I'm going to have to more searching over there of that channel. I did accidentally, looking for something else and in turn...come across their coverage of The Duke and Duchess of Kent's Wedding a couple of weeks ago. First time seeing any film of their Wedding and what a setting York Minister made for a Royal Wedding. Also thought the Duchess made such a lovely Bride and I adore her dress. Very late 50's/early 60's w/simple lines, but oh so very stunning too.

If I wasn't on the iPadd Mini, I'd add it to the thread, but I'm afraid someone else will have to that.

One last thing...How sweet and adorable did the then HRH Princess Elizabeth of York look as a wee Bridesmaid at Lady May's Wedding!?! She was too cute for words w/her Juliet cap and fur trimmed cloak. I wonder how old she was at the time.

Thanks for these!! I'm going to have to more searching over there of that channel. I did accidentally, looking for something else and in turn...come across their coverage of The Duke and Duchess of Kent's Wedding a couple of weeks ago. First time seeing any film of their Wedding and what a setting York Minister made for a Royal Wedding. Also thought the Duchess made such a lovely Bride and I adore her dress. Very late 50's/early 60's w/simple lines, but oh so very stunning too.

If I wasn't on the iPadd Mini, I'd add it to the thread, but I'm afraid someone else will have to that.

One last thing...How sweet and adorable did the then HRH Princess Elizabeth of York look as a wee Bridesmaid at Lady May's Wedding!?! She was too cute for words w/her Juliet cap and fur trimmed cloak. I wonder how old she was at the time.

You're welcome, British Pathé has uploaded its entire collection of 85,000 to its youtube channel so if I'm missing you'll know where I am ;)

thanks for sharing the wedding of May Cambridge , it was a happy one although Major Henry Abel Smith was no royal. Surprised how popular the wedding was .

Katherine Worsley was such a beautiful young woman. I love her dress. Thanks for this. I will go to You Tube when I have time to take a look at more weddings. It will have to be a day when there is nothing important to do because I'm sure once I've began looking I won't want to stop.

I had previously seen the British Pathe coverage of the Royal Wedding of Princess Mary, The Princess Royal and Henry, Viscount Lascelles (1922).
The Glass Coach carrying the bride to Westminster Abbey was pleasant to view.

The Wedding of Princess Margaret and Antony Armstrong-Jones

I saw the British Pathe 1960 wedding of Princess Margaret and Antony Armstrong-Jones.
It was lovely in color.
In the beginning there were beautiful pink roses. :rose::rose: It was a May wedding: May 6th, 1960.
Michael Redgrave the commentator expressed:
"A merry May wedding that touched the heart of the world."
"London in a May mood. London in her pride."
The bridegroom was described as calm and dignified.

I also saw the Alternative Report of Princess Margaret's wedding.
This was in black and white.
It was narrated: "The Princess was radiant in her happiness as never before."
Margaret gave an affectionate wave to the bridesmaids as she was in the Glass Coach ready to depart from Westminster Abbey.

Last edited:
Very nice videos. Margaret was a beautiful bride. I liked when the senior royals sat nearer the alter rather down from it.

Wow! That's great to see these amazing videos of royal wedding. Great capturing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember going to the cinema with my mother to see the colour film of Princess Margaret's wedding; also, re-enacting it with my dolls, my mother having made a "wedding gown" for the biggest doll :)

In seeing Princess Mary and Henry Lascelles' wedding, I liked seeing Princess Mary visiting her fiance's Yorkshire home.
In Prince Albert and Lady Elizabeth's wedding, I noticed that as the carriage procession travelled, there was a banner stating: Westminster wishes all happiness to the Bride and Groom.

Princess Alexandra, Duchess of Fife wed Prince Arthur of Connaught at the Chapel Royal of St. James' Palace on October 15, 1913.

Back
Top Bottom