The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-25-2014, 05:57 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

British Pathé- British Royal Weddings

British Pathé- British Royal Weddings

British Pathé have recently uploaded thousands of historic footage online and have added thousands of video's over the past few weeks on their amazing YouTube channel.

Here's a selection of what I've had time to view

Prince Henry, Duke of Gloucester to Lady Alice Montagu Douglas Scott 1935

Old 04-25-2014, 06:00 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Lady May Abel Smith to Henry Abel Smith in 1931

HRH Princess Mary to Viscount Henry Lascelles in 1922

Old 04-25-2014, 06:08 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The Hon. Patricia Mountbatten & Lord Brabourne 1946

Old 04-26-2014, 12:34 AM
Serene Highness

Thanks for these!! I'm going to have to more searching over there of that channel. I did accidentally, looking for something else and in turn...come across their coverage of The Duke and Duchess of Kent's Wedding a couple of weeks ago. First time seeing any film of their Wedding and what a setting York Minister made for a Royal Wedding. Also thought the Duchess made such a lovely Bride and I adore her dress. Very late 50's/early 60's w/simple lines, but oh so very stunning too.

If I wasn't on the iPadd Mini, I'd add it to the thread, but I'm afraid someone else will have to that.

One last thing...How sweet and adorable did the then HRH Princess Elizabeth of York look as a wee Bridesmaid at Lady May's Wedding!?! She was too cute for words w/her Juliet cap and fur trimmed cloak. I wonder how old she was at the time.
Old 04-26-2014, 05:56 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
Thanks for these!! I'm going to have to more searching over there of that channel. I did accidentally, looking for something else and in turn...come across their coverage of The Duke and Duchess of Kent's Wedding a couple of weeks ago. First time seeing any film of their Wedding and what a setting York Minister made for a Royal Wedding. Also thought the Duchess made such a lovely Bride and I adore her dress. Very late 50's/early 60's w/simple lines, but oh so very stunning too.

If I wasn't on the iPadd Mini, I'd add it to the thread, but I'm afraid someone else will have to that.

One last thing...How sweet and adorable did the then HRH Princess Elizabeth of York look as a wee Bridesmaid at Lady May's Wedding!?! She was too cute for words w/her Juliet cap and fur trimmed cloak. I wonder how old she was at the time.
You're welcome, British Pathé has uploaded its entire collection of 85,000 to its youtube channel so if I'm missing you'll know where I am
Old 04-26-2014, 05:59 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Wedding of Prince George,Duke of Kent & Princess Marina of Greece

Old 04-26-2014, 06:03 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Duke of Kent engaged to Ms. Katharine Worsley at Kensington Palace in 1961

Wedding at York Minster

Old 04-26-2014, 06:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

thanks for sharing the wedding of May Cambridge , it was a happy one although Major Henry Abel Smith was no royal. Surprised how popular the wedding was .
Old 04-26-2014, 05:48 PM
Gentry

Katherine Worsley was such a beautiful young woman. I love her dress. Thanks for this. I will go to You Tube when I have time to take a look at more weddings. It will have to be a day when there is nothing important to do because I'm sure once I've began looking I won't want to stop.
Old 04-26-2014, 06:38 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Royal Wedding - Balcony Shots (1947)

Old 04-26-2014, 09:46 PM
Serene Highness

I had previously seen the British Pathe coverage of the Royal Wedding of Princess Mary, The Princess Royal and Henry, Viscount Lascelles (1922).
The Glass Coach carrying the bride to Westminster Abbey was pleasant to view.

Tags
clips, wedding