Bernardo Guillermo and Eva Prinz-Valdes: September 5, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lucien

Majesty
City
Amsterdam
Country
Netherlands
More members of the Royal Family have arrived in NYC to attend the religious wedding of Bernardo and Eva Guillermo in Brooklyn this weekend.

Wedding Bells in New York City today

More members of the Royal Family have arrived in NYC to attend the religious wedding of Bernardo and Eva Guillermo in Brooklyn this weekend.

So far TRH The Prince of Orange,Princess Máxima,Princess Laurentien,Princess Margarita and TH Prince Maurits,Princess Marilène,
Princess Annette,Prince Floris,Princess Aimée and Tjalling ten Cate have arrived for todays wedding which will be at the Our Lady
of All Saints chuch in Brooklyn.

The mother of the groom,HRH Princess Christina,will sing during mass.

It will be the very first time since the divorce that the parents of the groom will meet again,both are aware a new era has started with this marriage and with their granddaughter Isabel,born april 13th and who will be baptised during the wedding ceremony.

Well, this is an exciting day for them and I am really impressed with the turnout of so many member of the Royal Family!

It is really wonderful to hear that so many members of the family were able to attend! I didn't realize that Princess Christina liked to sing. What a lovely addition to the ceremony!

That's cool that Christina will be singing - rather unusual to have one of the parents involved in such a way, but I think it's nice. Lucien, you just mentioned members of the younger generation of Dutch royals. Are any of Christina's three sisters coming?

That's cool that Christina will be singing - rather unusual to have one of the parents involved in such a way, but I think it's nice. Lucien, you just mentioned members of the younger generation of Dutch royals. Are any of Christina's three sisters coming?

Yes I would expect one,but that isn't officially announced by the RH.
All her sisters have always been very protective of her,and with a reason ofcourse.Now,as she will also meet her ex for the first time since the divorce I expect at least one to be present to support her morally,if she needs that,or just for fun anyway.

Btw,Princess Christina also sang on both her parents funerals and during weddings of her cousins.:)

:previous: Thank you, Lucien! I didn't know that. She must be a very talented singer! It is nice to hear that Princess Christina will have her family around her during the potentially stressful situation of being around her ex. I hope that she is able to ignore any stress from that particular situation, and that she has a wonderful time with her beautiful family.:flowers:

From yesteryear,the 75th birthday of Princess Juliana,the small boy in the middle is Bernardo,todays groom,
Alexanders holds Juliana in his arms,and wee Nicolas is to the left in front of aunt Trix:

ANP Beeldbank

Bernardo (left) and Nicolas with wee Juliana:

ANP Beeldbank

With daddy Jorge and grandmamam,as all grandchildren called Princess Juliana:

ANP Beeldbank

With his parents as a todler:

ANP Beeldbank

With aunt Margriet and uncle Carlos Hugo:

ANP Beeldbank

With wee brother Nicolas at the White Diningroom of Soestdijk Palace:

ANP Beeldbank

Bernardo was baptised on june 23rd 1977.

ANP Beeldbank

Arriving at the Royal Palace Amsterdam for the Ball before the wedding of Alexander and Máxima with brother Nicolas ( left) and cousin Prince Pieter-Christiaan

ANP Beeldbank

With brother Nicolas and sister Juliana at the funeral of Queen Juliana

ANP Beeldbank

At the wedding of cousin Prince Constantijn and Laurentien

http://www.royalimages.nl/search.pp?page=6&ShowPicture=2106974&pos=45

courtesy anp:)

Other members present are TRH Prince Constantijn and Princess Maria Carolina.No pics yet,but sister of the groom Juliana promissed the media will get their moment.Photographer Patrick van Katwijk is besides making pictures also twittering but so far no pic there either but says the photo moment was a bit chaotic as in the wedding picture when at the end the bridal couple ended up with Princess Christina alone,without Jorge.

Home

Pictures

Patrick @ Royalblog.nl

http://gpdhome.typepad.com/photos/huwelijk_bernardo_eva/index.html

More photo's will follow on the above link.As the photo moment was at about 09.00PM local time,and that took
a while as the church in under restauration and you can't take nice pics with all the scaffolding,
it just took longer,as Patrick explains while twittering.The whole bunch of photographers and reporters
didn't make it back to the hotel till after midnight,and only then could all the work on the photos' start
so Patrick requests for some patience,but the photo's will come soon now.

:flowers:

Courtesy Patrick van Katwijk

Last edited:
Is the Dutch Royal Family Catholic? Or just that branch?

No, the Dutch Royal Family is Protestant, but both Princess Christina and Princess Irene married to Catholic men, and their children has been raised as Catholics.

In one of those pictures from PPE Agency Bernardo Guillermo is smoking a cigarette on the doorsteps of the church just before he goes in (!).
How vulgar!
Just because its a private occasion, that doesn't mean that he can do whatever he likes.
He should remember that he is a member of a royal family and that photographers are there whether he likes it or not.
Even in a 'normal' family such conduct at such an occasion is mostly considered common...
It's not about the smoking itself, but you should know as a member of a royal family that you don't smoke in front of the cameras just before you walk down the aisle!

Bye the way; I personally think it's sad that none of Princess Christina's sisters attended the wedding.
Surely she would have liked to have shared the emotions of the first wedding from one of her children with her sisters...

Well...correct me if I am wrong...but I don't believe Bernardo is a part of the Royal House or the Royal Family (technically) because of his parents marriage. So while it was certainly tacky to smoke a cigarette before going into the church (maybe a case of nerves) let's face it....No one in NYC knows that Queen Beatrix is his aunt and that his grandmother was Queen Juliana!

The brides wedding dress IMO was not nice! The bridesmaids dresses looked better. But hey..its her day and she can wear whatever she likes.

Not sure why her sisters didn't not attend, but since Queen Beatrix is a Head of Sate...it would have been a security nightmare for her to just pop over to NYC. It was nice however, to see his siblings and so many of his cousins attend.

Last edited:
hallo, lucien, you have made my day with these informations and photos -it is wonderful.:)

Bernardo is neither part of the Royal Family nor of the Royal House, as Zonk says. While I also find it tacky to smoke just before you enter your wedding venue, he is in fact free to do as he pleases.

BTW: I find the bride's dress absolutely disgusting! I can't call that a bride, sorry.

Is it just me, or does her wedding dress resemble a toga?

Well said - she and the bridesmaids look like Roman nymphs, and I don't mean that as a compliment. :whistling:

Anyway...thanks for the photos Lucien, I enjoyed looking at all of them. Christina looked very pretty and very happy. I'm also surprised none of the sisters came - wasn't expecting Beatrix, but I thought Margriet or Irene would be there.

The church is very beautiful! It is nice to see the photos. I agree with the others about the bride's dress; however, she looks very happy in the photos. I like the photo of the newly married couple with Princess Christina.

Looking at the bridemaids dresses you get a sense for what she was going for. I actually think they were nice...although they showed alittle too much clevage. How the translation got loss in the brides dress I will never know. Princess Carolina looked lovely...its too bad we can't find her a nice Prince!

And the church is lovely!

Did Aimee, Anita and Annette attend?

Last edited:
I thought her dress was OK, although perhaps a little casual for a night wedding. The thing that made me chuckle was the color -- I always laugh when a bride in white shows up at the church with her baby...

The bride reminds me of Juliana. The two could be sisters, and they're both very pretty.

Looking at the bridemaids dresses you get a sense for what she was going for. I actually think they were nice...although they showed alittle too much clevage. How the translation got loss in the brides dress I will never know. Princess Carolina looked lovely...its too bad we can't find her a nice Prince!

And the church is lovely!

Did Aimee, Anita and Annette attend?

:previous:
Yes they did,as did Princes Maurits and Floris.They must have been hiding behind a pilar .... :)

Back
Top Bottom