Bernardo Guillermo and Eva Prinz-Valdes: September 5, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think that the photo taking part of the wedding was rather chaotic!
Apparently the family did not expect so much media interest.
Juliana Guillermo at a certain moment was angry and I had the impression that the photographers did not get the time or the possibility to take pics of all the guests.

I think that the photo taking part of the wedding was rather chaotic!
Apparently the family did not expect so much media interest.
Juliana Guillermo at a certain moment was angry and I had the impression that the photographers did not get the time or the possibility to take pics of all the guests.

The photographers were requested to leave some space,but that seemed difficult due to the church having scaffolding all around.
The press was also requested by Jorge NOT to take pictures of his friend until after she had gotten out of her wheelchair.They didn't,
and took pics of her while still in it.

How difficult can it be to respect a simple sole wish like that?Very difficult apparently as we all see her sitting in the wheelchair in the PPE series.

Reporters,and photographers,went on a inquisitive tour in the neighbourhood and unveiled Bernardo's Royal roots at the local wateringhole,something unknown till then by any of the people there.Hopefully it all will fade away soon again.

By the time they all ran into Juliana,she,and all of them,already knew the latter and they were not pleased at all.The Guillermo family isn't used to the spotlights and what's more,not used to intrusive press at all,and had not expected all this attention at all.

Even with the slightest of requests some of the press have a difficulty handling.Pity.But it didn't ruin the great private party.

Well...correct me if I am wrong...but I don't believe Bernardo is a part of the Royal House or the Royal Family (technically) because of his parents marriage. So while it was certainly tacky to smoke a cigarette before going into the church (maybe a case of nerves) let's face it....No one in NYC knows that Queen Beatrix is his aunt and that his grandmother was Queen Juliana!

Please allow me to correct you Zonk, but Bernardo Guillermo is certainly part of the Royal Family. He is a son of Princess Christina and a nephew of the Queen and the Crown Prince, therefore he is part of the Royal Family. The cildren of Princess Christina are always referred as such, as are the children of Princess Irene and Princess Margriet in -for example- tv coverages of family events such as the funerals of Queen Juliana and Prince Bernhard.
But they are not members of the Royal House (meaning that the Dutch government is responsible for them) because their mother didn't ask approval for her marriage to the Dutch parliament. In that aspect you are right. :flowers:

well I only think it would be tacky if the bride smoked:flowers:

I suppose that the press was already there to prepare for the vist of WA and Maxima, and with little to do they chose to go to the wedding. It is understandable indeed that the Guillermo's were annoyed, as they are rather private and they never liked the spotlight at all.

Princess Maria Carolina looked lovely IMO, as did princess Laurentien. And princess Christina seemed to glow, as the mother of the groom should ;).

Last edited:
It looked as if they were very surprised to see the press. But maybe they could have expected the press with esp Willem-Alexander and Maxima turning up at the wedding.
Christina looked very nice and happy.
I think the bride is a very nice girl to see (her face), but I am sorry to say: she looked horrible. I don't understand this wedding dress... It made her look an enormous lady and I don't think she is.
BTW should this topic not be moved to "royal weddings"

Does anyone know the godparents of Isabel Christina, who was christened during the wedding ceremony of her parents?

Whoever said the bride and the bridesamids look like nymphs (and not in a good way) was spot-on. The wedding seems to have been really casual, especially when compared to the grand church it took place in.

Looking at the casual pictures taken, it seems that the wedding was indeed very casual. The bride looks very fresh I think, she seems as though she is enjoying every second of it. Many brides would love to be able to enjoy their day to the foolest, a lot just end up too stressed out!
The Groom also seems very casual about the whole event! Good not all princely marriages are supposed to have the "grandeur" of Kings and Queens.
The Church is amazing but why did they go to Brooklyn, there are beautifull churchs in Manhattan !:)

Is it just me, or does her wedding dress resemble a toga?

No, you're not alone on the thought.

Why out of all the wedding dresses to choose from did the bride choose a toga looking....hmm...she might as well have made a hole in a bed sheet and put on...or was it some kind of a profound fashion statement?

The bride looks like she's wearing some sort of home-made costume for a play, bless her heart.

And Maxima dress looks like a set of bed sheets my Grandma had back in the 70's. :ermm:

Johan and Mabel didn't attend?

Well at least everyone looks happy! Wedding dresses are so hard to get right and so easy to get wrong so it's understandably just another wedding dress disaster. Princess Maxima seems to be channeling Big Bird but the dress would have looked nice if it didn't have so much material.:flowers:

Back
Top Bottom