Archduke Carl Christian of Austria & Princess Marie-Astrid of Luxembourg: Feb 6, 1982

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Isn't it just common courtesy for royal courts in Europe to send a representative to another court when the child of a monarch is getting married? I can't see why it was so surprising that Prince Andrew went there. More interesting may be why the Danish Queen was not represented.

Last edited:
Isn't it just common courtesy for royal courts in Europe to send a representative to another court when the child of a monarch is getting married? I can't see why it was so surprising that Prince Andrew went there. More interesting may be why the Danish Queen was not represented.
I say so because the BRF aren’t really close to the Habsburgs personally, but maybe to the Luxembourgers and that’s probably how he got invited.

These where the years when he was an eligible bachelor. I’m sure the Queen sent him with the intention of meeting someone.
I’m quite sure most of the people in that circle are Catholic so highly unlikely.

I’m quite sure most of the people in that circle are Catholic so highly unlikely.

Oh really...this is 20something AD,not BC...it doesn´t make any difference in the bedroom for pete´s sake..

Oh really...this is 20something AD,not BC...it doesn´t make any difference in the bedroom for pete´s sake..
It would have at the time because he would have lost his succession rights for marrying a Catholic. So I don’t get your last line.

I’m Catholic and I find no offense in them sending Andrew. It was the 20th century not the 19th!

These where the years when he was an eligible bachelor. I’m sure the Queen sent him with the intention of meeting someone.

Exactly. During the 4 year period between his return from the Falklands War and his wedding in 1986, Prince Andrew was the IT guy, considered the most handsome and eligible prince in Europe.

He has had a very long way to fall.:sad:

Back
Top Bottom