Anne, Princess Royal and Commander Timothy Laurence 1992

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

principessa

Heir Apparent
City
Schweinfurt
Country
Germany
Has anyone pictures or information about this wedding?

SCANS FROM OLD MAGS

anne-1.jpg

I remember having a tiny picture of them outside the church. Didn't they get married in Scotland? At the time I was horrified that she wore black shoes with her ivory wedding attire. I didn't know she had a black hat on as well!

she looks so happy on the first arriving picture...that's cute
thanks for posting

I've always loved these pictures because Anne looks so relaxed, so happy

Thanks very much, Iceflower. I hadn't seen any pictures of Princess Anne's second wedding, except an official photograph of the couple.

Yes, they were married in Scotland on December 12, 1992 at the
Crathie Curch near Balmoral, as the Church of England did not yet
allow the remarriage of divorcees, whereas the Church of Scotland
as a Reformed Church already did.

Here are some more pics:

Guests: Princess Margaret, Prince Andrew, Prince Edward

Lovely pictures. Would anybody like to hazard a guess as to what Princess Margaret may have been saying to Andrew and Edward when the picture was taken?

Could Princess Margaret have said: "Smile, please, we are photographed" ... !!! ???

Watching the pictures, I'm impressed since this wedding seems to have been rather informal...

Princess Anne

I remember having a tiny picture of them outside the church. Didn't they get married in Scotland? At the time I was horrified that she wore black shoes with her ivory wedding attire. I didn't know she had a black hat on as well!

It was an informal wedding, and no one wears white shoes in winter in GB -- even for a wedding. I thought her outfit was nice.

Its too bad the queen couldn't come and that princess Annie for you she drove herself to the wedding :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
The Queen did go and Anne is in the passenger seat.

The Queen did go and Anne is in the passenger seat.

Sorry from the states we drive on the side she getting out of :lol: and I didnt see any pictures so I assume she didn't go sorry.

Probably one of the worst royal weddings, hand down!

It was her second wedding so all the glammour wasn't going to be there and this is Princess anne

Thanks for the link. I've never seen some of those pictures before.:p

I don't know about that, I'd say that Marina Ogilvy's wedding was the worst because it ended in divorce only 7 years later. Anyway, back to the topic in hand, Princess Anne's second wedding wasn't going to be anything like as grand as her first one, was it? After all, she's not really into dressing up and she was 42 when she got married for the second time.

Well I would barely call marina Ogilvy royal, but thats just my opinion. I think Anne could of done things up a bit nicer, if one was to show me a picture of this and not tell me it was her wedding I would think they are all going to Sunday service. They drove themselves and her bouquet hair and ensemble in general, just not up to par for me......

Well this is the second wedding so I can understand why it isn't as grand as the first.

Yes, it was indeed her father. You don't see him arrive with his wife and the other senior royals, because he came with Anne and Zara, to walk her down the aisle.:flowers:

OK it was a second marriage but it did not have to look as cheap and "we're not bohtering to do anything fancy", as it did. Just because it is a second marriage surely does not mean that you barely make an effort ot have a nice dress and service and so on...You love your second partner as much, if not more than the first one, because you now are mature and realise things you didnt know as someone young.. so why not make it special as well as a first wedding?

Back
Top Bottom