Harry and Meghan: Royal Wedding Miscellanea

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The wedding outfits of The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will go on display at Windsor Castle in 2018 and the Palace of Holyroodhouse in Edinburgh in 2019 in a special @RCT exhibition “A #RoyalWedding: The Duke and Duchess of Sussex”: royalcollection.org.uk/collection/the…

As well as Meghan's Givenchy dress, Queen Mary's 1932 diamond and platinum bandeau tiara will also be on display, along with the 5m-long veil, embroidered with flowers from the 53 Commonwealth countries plus Wintersweet, which grows at KP, and the Californian poppy...

FYI, Harry's actual wedding outfit, the Blues and Royals frockcoat uniform by Dege and Skinner, will NOT be on display as he's still using it. Instead an identical uniform made a few years ago will be shown at the exhibition.

——————————————-
The display will be at Windsor between 26th October 2018 until 6th January 2018. It will move to Holyrood and be shown from 14th June - 26th October 2019.

Last edited:

The wedding outfits of The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will go on display at Windsor Castle in 2018 and the Palace of Holyroodhouse in Edinburgh in 2019 in a special @RCT exhibition “A #RoyalWedding: The Duke and Duchess of Sussex”: royalcollection.org.uk/collection/the…

As well as Meghan's Givenchy dress, Queen Mary's 1932 diamond and platinum bandeau tiara will also be on display, along with the 5m-long veil, embroidered with flowers from the 53 Commonwealth countries plus Wintersweet, which grows at KP, and the Californian poppy...

FYI, Harry's actual wedding outfit, the Blues and Royals frockcoat uniform by Dege and Skinner, will NOT be on display as he's still using it. Instead an identical uniform made a few years ago will be shown at the exhibition.

——————————————-
The display will be at Windsor between 26th October 2018 until 6th January 2018. It will move to Holyrood and be shown from 14th June - 26th October 2019.
I laughed when they said a previous uniform would be on display. It stands to reason that Harry the Lad was a good deal less well filled out and had he would have been to big to fit it.

I did wonder initially when they mentioned that he had had a newly tailored one for the wedding. It seemed a little pretentious and wasteful since he would have been lucky to have worn his old one half a dozen times. A quick flip back more than underscored the reason.

Prince Harry the man is a very different man now than then.

Posts about Meghan's wedding dress, have been moved here.

How is this Meghan’s fault now? Last I checked, they are both adults capable of writing if they wanted to.

Honestly, I don’t see a point of them responding as they had no intention of using his services.

Last edited:
Presumably he'd have wanted to film "Jamie's Royal Wedding Dinner" in exchange!

Last edited:
Come on people..stop getting sucked into these ridiculous headlines!

LaRae

Sad but more bad news as Harry’s reputation is apparently being sunk by his wife despite her good “works” & celebrity friends by ignoring a well loved “chef of the people”
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry 'snubbed' Jamie Oliver's free wedding food offer - https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-ne...arebar&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=sharebar

How on earth does this sink Harry's reputation? How is this a negative against Meghan?

And the royals don't take freebies.

This sounds like a publicity stunt by Jamie Oliver. I had thought better of him than this.

How is this Meghan’s fault now? Last I checked, they are both adults capable of writing if they wanted to.

Honestly, I don’t see a point of them responding as they had no intention of using his services.

:previous: Yep.

An offer like that would have been ignored no matter who Harry married.

If you're not paying for the product, you *are* the product, and I think the royals are savvy enough to know that. A discreet royal warrant is one thing. Can you imagine a team of British and American chefs, all grubbing to then get onto GMA and spill what it was like to cook in Windsor Castle? That was never going to happen.

Frankly, I don't even know if such an offer would have been passed on from the admin staff to the couple.

Whether the story about Jamie Oliver is true or not , I certainly think a ‘celebrity wedding’ would be right up Meghan’s alley. I think there were a lot of corners she had to cut to bring it into BRF standards, but given free reign it would have been a monstrosity.

Whether the story about Jamie Oliver is true or not , I certainly think a ‘celebrity wedding’ would be right up Meghan’s alley. I think there were a lot of corners she had to cut to bring it into BRF standards, but given free reign it would have been a monstrosity.

I agree, particularly in the light of recent reports re her first wedding....

????? That's ridiculous.

I don't see any reason for the palace to accept his offer while they already have a branch of professional chefs who are experienced in handling royal banquets.

One thing Meghan has always understood is using creativity to work within a role. She clearly understood what’s expected of her from an early stage even while she was just a girlfriend. As much as some want it to seem as if it’s somehow Hollywood or celebrity, it seemed like to me just some young people having a bit of fun. End of. That is of course not how you would do things when your wedding is televised worldwide. But you can still make it your own. And that they did.

Why? Because she is a former actress? We all saw her wedding and everything afterwards. All the assumptions people had were pretty much wrong and continue to be wrong when it comes to Meghan.

:previous: I think you are right, she is wrong for being a former actress for some people. ?
Such continuous assumptions from some people just make me scratch my head, too. :confused: It seems that they like to accuse her of something for no reason......

People have critised the wedding for being too American or too modern (even though the liturgy they used is the current default CofE version) but I can't see where it was Hollywood. Even the guests were fairly standard for a Royal Wedding with the exception that she had former co stars and colleagues among them not just met socially or via charities. It's not even worth mentioning her first wedding in terms of what she wanted or knew she'd have to have for her 2nd one. And hey, maybe given total freedom of choice Harry would opt for a beach wedding somewhere.

The only thing that would have happened if they'd accepted JO would have been JO feasting on it for the next 5 years in terms of his brand.

Interesting that the tag misshap generated more revenue. I guess we shouldn't be surprised given the amount of coverage it received and it's hard to mention the tag without mention the brand. And it was a good dress in a nice colour.

If and thats a big IF Jamie Oliver made the food offer. Then it shouldn't have anything to do with Harry and Meghan as we were told that the Queen hosted the reception. Unless IF Mr Oliver made the offer he was offering the food for the late night reception.
But as Mr Oliver is in a great deal of debt I don't see him making such an expensive offer.

I am confused as to why anyone would think this is a big deal. Every major chef [or florist, or designer, etc] in the UK probably sent in offers or proposals that staff filtered before the couple even gave any consideration. Oliver isn't alone in rejection, to be sure.

And the Sussex wedding was a joyful, regal, historical and tasteful wedding that perfectly represented the couple's own style and history while retaining tradition. Some people stay mad that Meghan isn't playing to 'type' and has shown herself to instead be an elegant, down to earth woman with a clean and simple aesthetic.

I think every royal would have very different weddings if they were not royals whose weddings were global events...

Last edited:
The only thing that would have happened if they'd accepted JO would have been JO feasting on it for the next 5 years in terms of his brand.
:previous: I agree. "There's no such thing as a free lunch."

I am confused as to why anyone would think this is a big deal. Every major chef [or florist, or designer, etc] in the UK probably sent in offers or proposals that staff filtered before the couple even gave any consideration. Oliver isn't alone in rejection, to be sure.

I think both Jamie Oliver and Meghan can tend to bring out some strong reactions sometimes both positive and negative.

I think both Jamie Oliver and Meghan can tend to bring out some strong reactions sometimes both positive and negative.

That is so true.

I confess I am not much of a Jamie Oliver fan myself ?

:previous: Zaira, I have to say I am not his fans, too. ?

I just realize that Clare Smyth, who has 2 Michelin stars, got the offer for the wedding's catering. BTW she had been worked for Gordon Ramsay for a quite long time. MAYBE JO doesn't feel good about that. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Everyone marrying into the BRF has to adhere to certain traditions for the wedding so that's not unique to Meghan. Which corners do you think she had to cut?

Could you also elaborate on how you think the wedding would have been a monstrosity if she'd had free reign?

I have to confess that I don’t know much about Jamie Oliver, other than he’s another celebrity chef, to know why this is a big deal? But it seems odd that people are making mountains out of molehill about someone not getting to cater the wedding?

Maybe Harry and Meghan wanted to give others a chance when Jamie is already well-established. He needs to get over it.

I have to confess that I don’t know much about Jamie Oliver, other than he’s another celebrity chef, to know why this is a big deal? But it seems odd that people are making mountains out of molehill about someone not getting to cater the wedding?

I don't think it's a big deal in the slightest but I think it's partly because as expected everything has gone quiet on the actual news front for a while. And it doesn't necessarily apply to this thread but the Mirror knew it would get clicks/reaction for JO in a way some other well known chefs wouldn't.

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly don't think most people care who Harry and Meghan had cater their wedding reception, so this is a publicity stunt for JO, and a chance to ratchet up the outrage-o-meter for the Mirror. We're in the slow royal news cycle, so I won't be surprised if there's more of this kind of silliness until the royals get back to work after the Christmas holidays.

IMHO, I do not think that the Queen and Prince Charles would be asking Harry and Meghan for catering choices.
The Queen was the host of the Wedding Luncheon, so I would think the Queen and her staff chose the caterer for that event. and Prince Charles who was the host of the evening reception, also chose the caterer for that event.
Also, Jamie was not the only person not to be selected; there must've been many caterers, florists, designers, etc. who offered their services and were not selected, not only for this wedding, but also for all the other weddings.
Plus, the Royals are not supposed to accept freebies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom