Harry and Meghan: Royal Wedding Miscellanea

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JessRulz

Former Administrator
City
Melbourne
Country
Australia
og9nvd.png

Coat of Arms of H.R.H. Prince Henry of Wales

The Wedding of
Prince Henry of Wales and Ms Meghan Markle

Wedding Miscellanea

This is so ridiculous. She resembles Meghan in no way, shape or form with the exception of shiny black hair.

I think she looks a lot like her. Certainly enough to be mistaken for her at first glance.

Yeah I am not seeing it. She looks nothing like Meghan.

I can see why she gets hired as a lookalike.

With that said, I hope to goodness she drops the twee "I hope no-one mistakes me for the real Meghan" act on the day. It would be embarrassing for her mother, the person who was actually invited, for her to play up the link.

I read that as joking about the resemblance. I'm not sure how she became the story, but I see it as pretty harmless.

I read that as joking about the resemblance. I'm not sure how she became the story, but I see it as pretty harmless.

No, she actually has been hired as a look a like for Meghan. Like there were look alike photo shoots for William and Kate.

Stories about her have been around since January.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/5261631/mum-meghan-markle-lookalike/

It just coincidence that her mother is one of the charity workers who landed an invite to the wedding. And Sarah will be accompanying her.

I just don't see the resemblance - other than the hair. Her mouth, eyes and nose are different. Her skin tone is off and her face shape doesn't match. There are better Meghan Markle look-a-likes. She's not it. Sorry.

Well it looks like I will be hosting a wedding party at my place for several girlfriends who have asked if they can come to my place to watch the wedding. So I'm thinking we might dress up and i can buy some plastic tiara's etc etc. We might even have a little wager on what colour Her Majesty is going to wear. Should be fun to celebrate H & Ms big day this way.

Tarlita not sure how Amazon is for your location but my granddaughter and I got two pretty nice tiaras (metal) for under 20.00 total. Mine is all 'diamonds' and hers is 'diamonds' and pink stones (she's 9).

LaRae

Thanks Pranter they sound wonderful.

My daughter has many tiaras, including the ones we purchased at Party City to watch Cinderella in the theater a couple of years ago.

Has the Lego version of the wedding been discussed? Without wanting to change the topic to race (there is a separate topic for that); it is noteworthy that Meghan's skin color is represented with a stone in the same colour as Harry and the rest of the (royal) family while her mother has been given a darker stone to represent her skin color.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has the Lego version of the wedding been discussed? Without wanting to change the topic to race (there is a separate topic for that); it is noteworthy that Meghan's skin color is represented with a stone in the same colour as Harry and the rest of the (royal) family while her mother has been given a darker stone to represent her skin color.
For all intents and purposes, Meghan is fair skinned, so I didn't really think there's is any fuss here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’d attribute that to a limitation of the product being used (LEGO) - they have a lego block that can be used to represent darker skin, and a lego block that can be used to represent lighter skin, but not a block that can be used to represent a skin colour in between the two.

I’d attribute that to a limitation of the product being used (LEGO) - they have a lego block that can be used to represent darker skin, and a lego block that can be used to represent lighter skin, but not a block that can be used to represent a skin colour in between the two.

That's what I was thinking as well but it looks like they have 4 different 'nougat' colours that double as skin colour.

Personally, since boyhood, i've found Lego's colour range DEEPLY unsatisfactory...

That's what I was thinking as well but it looks like they have 4 different 'nougat' colours that double as skin colour.

Interesting. Looking at the chart and the Lego, it looks like they used the "flesh" colour for Doria and the "light flesh" colour for everyone else. I'm revising my guess to there simply being oversight on the part of whoever arranged the colours - I'm thinking someone forgot to get a darker colour for Doria and substituted by using the lighter colour for Meghan. That, or someone used the Doria (or Meghan) bricks in the middle of the palace by mistake (the interior is probably made up of miscellaneous coloured bricks to hold the structure up) and they opted for making Meghan lighter instead of taking apart the structure to find one brick.

I've never made a Lego Royal Wedding before, but I have definitely done the "screw it, this isn't going to be that colour anymore" for both of those reasons.

Posts discussing possible wedding guests, the menu and the hotels M&H will stay at before the wedding, have been moved to the Wedding Musings thread.

Windsor is getting ready!

I live in Windsor and the excitement is seriously building for the wedding this Saturday. One of my local pubs has even changed it's name to The Prince Harry!

All of the attention on my home town has made me feel quite proud, so I put together a little video about the beauty of the area. Including the best things to see if you visit (the beer from our local brewery is particularly good):

I hope you enjoy. Who's coming to Windsor this weekend?

I live in Windsor and the excitement is seriously building for the wedding this Saturday. One of my local pubs has even changed it's name to The Prince Harry!

All of the attention on my home town has made me feel quite proud, so I put together a little video about the beauty of the area. Including the best things to see if you visit (the beer from our local brewery is particularly good):

Lucky Lucky you to live in such beautiful place and the right place to be on the 19th .... I can't wait

Interesting video. Looks like a fantastic place to live and a great tourist destination. Thanks for posting! (and hosting too!) ?

Thank you for sharing.....have a pint for all of us!

Well done with the video. Thank you for that. I hope to get over there one day.

What an extremely thoughtful and wonderful thing to do for us here, If I could I would buy you dinner and a pint.......Thank you so much! Wow, makes me want to visit Windsor soon, what a beautiful place to live in.:flowers:

Take a look at what NBC and the Today Show have built on top of a hotel in Windsor in order to get good views of the carriage ride on the 19th!

Wow - that is - insane, lol. But I am really excited to see the US press holing up and getting ready for this wedding... it's gonna be historic and I'm so excited.

I hope the drama dies down so Meghan and Harry can enjoy from here on out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom