Prince Harry and Meghan Markle: Evening Reception - May 19, 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
India Hicks had said on IG that the car belonged to her grandfather, Lord Mountbatten!

I believe she meant that she and her cousin were going for a ride in the car belonging to her grandfather. Not that Meghan and Harry were using his car.

I believe she meant that she and her cousin were going for a ride in the car belonging to her grandfather. Not that Meghan and Harry were using his car.

Oh my mistake. It looks the same.

A very glam dress. Really like this choice! I wonder how long into the night they´ll be able to last.

Oh my mistake. It looks the same.

It looks similar indeed. But Harry and Meghan's is a new car. For all it looks vintage, it is not even a year old. It is a Jaguar concept e-zero. They came out with a zero emission electric car, but they made it to resemble their e series cars which were from the late 1960s. They unveiled the concept car in 2017.

India and her cousin Tim are driving their late grandfather's car which is from 1972. It seems Tim tracked it down.

I think it all looks very retro vintage glamourous.

Last edited:
They'll be running on nerves then they'll hit the wall. I be they have an exit time already planned out.

LaRae

Based on this photo,
newpix/2018/05/19/21/4C72DC2E00000578-5748651-Meghan_could_be_seen_wearing_an_aquamarine_ring_which_once_belon-a-73_1526760761895.jpg

I think these are her earrings - CRH8000215 - Reflection de Cartier earrings - White gold, diamonds - Cartier

It appears she got a parure of Reflection de Cartier jewels. Based on their cost, I think they are a gift from Charles. It's a beautiful collection...the baguettes are very 1930's Art Deco which worked well with Meghan's wedding look and will work with her general love for clean lines.

Based on this photo,
newpix/2018/05/19/21/4C72DC2E00000578-5748651-Meghan_could_be_seen_wearing_an_aquamarine_ring_which_once_belon-a-73_1526760761895.jpg

I think these are her earrings - CRH8000215 - Reflection de Cartier earrings - White gold, diamonds - Cartier

It appears she got a parure of Reflection de Cartier jewels. Based on their cost, I think they are a gift from Charles. It's a beautiful collection...the baguettes are very 1930's Art Deco which worked well with Meghan's wedding look and will work with her general love for clean lines.

Lots of jewelry discussion in the Duchess of Sussex Jewelry thread :flowers:

It looks similar indeed. But Harry and Meghan's is a new car. For all it looks vintage, it is not even a year old. It is a Jaguar concept e-zero. They came out with a zero emission electric car, but they made it to resemble their e series cars which were from the late 1960s. They unveiled the concept car in 2017.

India and her cousin Tim are driving their late grandfather's car which is from 1972. It seems Tim tracked it down.

Per the KP official Instagram account, the car was originally made in 1968, but only recently converted to electric power. It's not a new car that's been made to look like an old car, but rather an old car that's been adapted.

Per the KP official Instagram account, the car was originally made in 1968, but only recently converted to electric power. It's not a new car that's been made to look like an old car, but rather an old car that's been adapted.

The car itself they are driving was not made in 1968. The Model of the car was originally manufactured in 1968. In 2017 Jaguar rolled out a new concept car, re-introducing the Jaguar classic e line, but with a zero emission engine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaguar_E-Type

I guess it could be a 50 year old car with a new engine in it, but then KP is wrongly referring to it as a e-type concept zero. The concepts are new cars.

https://www.jaguar.com/about-jaguar/jaguar-classic/authentic-cars/conceptzero.html

I LOVE Meghan's evening reception gown! I would never have guessed it's Stella McCartney.....:ohmy:

Me either...it's the first McCartney gown I've liked.

LaRae

I think it all looks very retro vintage glamourous.

I agree - Meghan's dress is totally 1970s Halston-esque.

I loved the whole Meghan/Harry/Vintage Car look. Really nice. And I'm so happy she's wearing Diana's ring. Wow.

Today has been so surreal. I know Meghan is now the Duchess of Sussex, but I still can't believe it. This all really happened! Such an amazing day - perfect weather. Meghan looks gorgeous in that gown.

That little wedding present of over 200,000 worth of Cartier jewelry wasn't so bad (earrings and bracelet)....Diana's ring just ices the cake. I hope we see the other pieces that go with that ring at some point!

LaRae

I hope they keep up with their “approachable” posture and release some of pictures of the receptions. In 2011 we had two of William and Kate arriving if I remember well, but we had not seen them before with their evening gowns like we did with Harry and Meghan yesterday. I hope they still release it anyway. I’m so looking forward for a family photo from the reception, really want to check the outfits.

By the way, I liked Meghan’s evening dress waaaay more than the ceremony’s. It was perfectly fitted, sexy and classy at the same time. Harry looked better too. Not a big fan of his all black uniform, it looked like something was missing. Aesthetically speaking I thought their outfits were not matching well during the day, but at night they were just perfect. The ring and the car were the special touch.

I hope they keep up with their “approachable” posture and release some of pictures of the receptions. In 2011 we had two of William and Kate arriving if I remember well, but we had not seen them before with their evening gowns like we did with Harry and Meghan yesterday. I hope they still release it anyway. I’m so looking forward for a family photo from the reception, really want to check the outfits.
I disagree here. I think we saw enough of the wedding and reception. I'll be happy if the only photos that will be released are the official ones.

There's a great balance between keeping people informed and oversharing. I really hope Meghan and Harry will take similar approach to releasing photos as Kate and William.

I’m not sure where this question belongs, but what happened with William and the football yesterday? I remember that there were questions about whether he would go by helicopter to present the prize (the cup?) and then go back to the party.

Wedding of Harry and Meghan: Evening Reception

No other pics of guests attending the reception ?

Nope, it was a private reception. Like with William and Catherine we only got a shot of the couple.

I’m not sure where this question belongs, but what happened with William and the football yesterday? I remember that there were questions about whether he would go by helicopter to present the prize (the cup?) and then go back to the party.

He did not do that, the FA Cup was presented by the widow of famous footballer Ray Wilkins who passed away in April. He played for both Manchester and Chelsea, the two teams who played yesterday. I’m sure William watched the game in the wedding break.

I very much doubt that we’ll get any official photos from the reception, I’ll be very surprised if we do. I only expect official wedding photos. I think the only reason we saw Henry and Meghan leaving like we did yesterday was because of the change of location between Windsor and Frogmore. W&C went from Clarence House to BP but the logistics of getting the Henry and Meghan still shots at Clarence would have been very unrealistic.

Last edited:

He did not do that, the FA Cup was presented by the widow of famous footballer Ray Wilkins who passed away in April. He played for both Manchester and Chelsea, the two teams who played yesterday. I’m sure William watched the game in the wedding break. ...

Thanks for the answer! Now I can sleep tonight...;)

Really lovely to see that the couple ended their wedding celebrations with fireworks. A great way to finish a wonderful day!

Question from an America commoner. Why does the Duke of Sussex drive an American configured Jag ? I thought all British vehicles were configured to drive on the right side of the vehicle.

Back
Top Bottom