Prince Harry Created Duke of Sussex: May 19, 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonk

Administrator
City
Somewhere in
Country
United States
"The Queen has today been pleased to confer a Dukedom on Prince Henry of Wales. His titles will be Duke of Sussex, Earl of Dumbarton and Baron Kilkeel.

Prince Harry thus becomes His Royal Highness The Duke of Sussex, and Ms. Meghan Markle on marriage will become Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Sussex"

Last edited:
The new dukedom has been announced as The Duke of Sussex.

https://www.royal.uk/prince-harry-and-ms-meghan-markle-announcement-titles

The Queen has today been pleased to confer a Dukedom on Prince Henry of Wales. His titles will be Duke of Sussex, Earl of Dumbarton and Baron Kilkeel.

Prince Harry thus becomes His Royal Highness The Duke of Sussex, and Ms. Meghan Markle on marriage will become Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Sussex.

Last edited:
IT'S SUSSEX!!!!

"The Queen has today been pleased to confer a Dukedom on Prince Henry of Wales. His titles will be Duke of Sussex, Earl of Dumbarton and Baron Kilkeel.

Prince Harry thus becomes His Royal Highness The Duke of Sussex, and Ms. Meghan Markle on marriage will become Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Sussex."

The Queen has today been pleased to confer a Dukedom on Prince Henry of Wales. His titles will be Duke of Sussex, Earl of Dumbarton and Baron Kilkeel.

Prince Harry thus becomes His Royal Highness The Duke of Sussex, and Ms. Meghan Markle on marriage will become Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Sussex.

I like the Kilkeel, Sussex is meh, Dumbarton is NO! LOL! ?

I knew it would be Sussex! Glad it is official.

Well, the Fail will have one of their punning headlines about that one! What a surprise, not! Still, it's OK, if very much expected.

disappointed. Any explanation about the other Titles. As far as i remember when William was created Duke of Cambridge there was an explanation about the History of the Titles.

Last edited:
oh great, the wait is over :) I'm relieved - but would have wished for Clarence

mhh still no knews for the dutchy and for the coat of arms? Thought we might now by now. *sight*

Please see above, The Queen has conferred the title of Duke of Sussex on Henry. :flowers:

God gives all men all earth to love,
But since man’s heart is small,
Ordains for each one spot shall prove
Beloved over all.
Each to his choice, and I rejoice
The lot has fallen to me
In a fair ground—in a fair ground—
Yea, Sussex by the sea!

Rudyard Kipling

I always hope for Clarence but I am not that disappointed, less disappointed than I expect, probably I am over-excited about the wedding at this moment.?

I can see social media having a lot of fun with Dumbarton. I hope it's pronounced differently to how i'm saying it in my head...

Princess Henry Of Wales.

That will be Meghan's title.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since William and Catherine are sometimes referred as The Cambridges would the correct form for Harry and Meghan be The Sussexes?

Yes I believe so.

LaRae

Princess Henry Of Wales.

That will be Meghan's title.

Did not know that.

No Meghan will be referred to as her title The Duchess of Sussex, by marrying a Prince she will be Princess Henry, like Catherine is Princess William but she will be known as The Duchess of Sussex.

Well not a surprise then. But it's OK!

Dumbarton is pronounced with more of an emphasis on the 'barton', thank God!

No Meghan will be referred to as her title The Duchess of Sussex, by marrying a Prince she will be Princess Henry, like Catherine is Princess William but she will be known as The Duchess of Sussex.
OK. Thank you.

The last Duke of Sussex (before Harry) was Queen Victoria's uncle who led her down the aisle to give her away to her future husband. I hope this satisfies a bit the dissappointed ones, I am thrilled with the Queens' choice, Sussex is beautiful!

Good Morning Everybody!!! It is 3:47 am in Barbados. My, we are all up early aren't we!
Watching BBC coverage...figure they will actually know what they are talking about!

Duke and Duchess of Sussex! Wonderful that they have a brand new title with no negative connatations! The sexy Sussexes!!!!

Good Morning Everybody!!! It is 3:47 am in Barbados. My, we are all up early aren't we!
Watching BBC coverage...figure they will actually know what they are talking about!

Duke and Duchess of Sussex! Wonderful that they have a brand new title with no negative connatations! The sexy Sussexes!!!!

The title has been used before but only on a Duke of Sussex, no Duchess though and it was created for Prince Augustus Frederick son of George III :flowers:

Augustus Frederick was reputedly Victoria's favourite uncle. He was a bit of a goer, married twice in contravention of the Royal Marriage Act, and left two illegitimate offspring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom