The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Which tiara will Meghan Markle wear on her wedding day?
Cartier Halo Scroll Tiara 8 3.88%
Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara 5 2.43%
Papyrus Tiara 14 6.80%
Queen Mary's Filigree Bandeau 7 3.40%
Queen Mary's Fringe Tiara 4 1.94%
Queen Mary's Lover's Knot Tiara 7 3.40%
Queen Mary's Lozenge Bandeau 43 20.87%
Queen Mary's Sapphire Bandeau 3 1.46%
Strathmore Rose Tiara 33 16.02%
Teck Crescent Tiara 14 6.80%
Other tiara with a royal connection, please specify 11 5.34%
Tiara created from other royal jewels (e.g. a converted necklace), please specify 9 4.37%
Antique tiara acquired for her 9 4.37%
New tiara created for her 26 12.62%
No tiara at all (brooches, hair pins, flowers etc.) 13 6.31%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2018, 11:08 PM
Heir Apparent

I lot of people don't really like garnets, the dark colour I expect, but I have a Victorian garnet ring I'm very fond of (the Victorians had a penchant that particular stone) and in the right setting garnets can be quite pretty.

Old 04-10-2018, 12:05 AM
Majesty

I don't mind garnets, I prefer a dark stone. I just don't like them in a tiara.

LaRae

Old 04-10-2018, 12:13 AM
Nobility

Actually I quite like garnets because of its dark red. But I think BRF has a tradition of using “white tiara” (diamond only) for wedding (do they have pearl wedding tiara?)

If I want to wear a tiara for my wedding definitely I would pick fringe/kokoshnik, they are a perfect match for veil.
Old 04-10-2018, 12:29 AM
Majesty

I actually don't like the fringe with a veil, something about the pointy ends, and the veil, just seem off to me.

The British royals don't have 'wedding tiaras'. But no on pearls at wedding. The only pearl tiaras in the main line are the lovers knot and the Grand Duchess Vladamir, neither of which have been worn for a wedding.

The Queen and Anne wore QM fringe, Diana wore her family tiara, Sarah and Sophie had new ones, Kate the halo, Zara the Greek key and Autumn the festoon tiara.
Old 04-10-2018, 12:42 AM
Nobility

I know that BRF doesn't have wedding tiara tradition and my “wedding tiaras” actually is referring to “the tiara being worn in wedding by the bride”, just too lazy to type it. Anyway thanks for the info.

Just realize Serena wore the Lotus in her wedding, but it's different story which both Serena and the Lotus aren't in the main line (at that moment).
Old 04-10-2018, 04:06 AM
Majesty

I have to say that I think fringe tiara's make wonderful wedding tiara's however, I am not including Queen Alexandra's Kokoshnik in that description. I cannot think of a bride that would have the gravitas necessary to carry off QEII famous "Wall of Diamonds". It is indeed an impressive tiara.
Old 04-30-2018, 09:57 AM
Super Moderator

Please keep the discussion to more or less realistic options. The future Duchess is not going to wear a tiara that will be auctioned only four days before the wedding. Therefore some posts have been deleted for being either off-topic or empty. As per the TRF rules,
Quote:
empty posts containing irrelevant short exclamations or comments will be deleted.

Old 04-30-2018, 10:12 AM
Majesty

Still hoping beyond hope that the Queen Mary Lozenge will appear!

LaRae
Old 04-30-2018, 11:04 AM
Super Moderator

I have voted for the lozenge, partly because I'd love, love, love to see it worn again. Also, it's a very pretty with a modern feel, and it would fit Meghan's personality quite well, imho. But the more I think about it, the more I tend to think it will be a new acquisition (like Sarah's) or something converted from older jewels (like Sophie's).

Old 04-30-2018, 11:12 AM
Super Moderator

I also have the feeling it will something we have not seen. If they don't want to buy a tiara for her because of the publiv reaction they could use some of Diana's Jewels likem a neckalce which is not to the taste of Kate or Meghan and dismantle it to create something new.

Old 04-30-2018, 11:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
I also have the feeling it will something we have not seen. If they don't want to buy a tiara for her because of the publiv reaction they could use some of Diana's Jewels likem a neckalce which is not to the taste of Kate or Meghan and dismantle it to create something new.
Did Diana have that many diamond necklaces in her possession? I doubt it'll be any of Diana's personal pieces if it came down to dismantling and creating new pieces. Although, I just prefer they buy a tiara privately just because I really haven't seen any good craftsmanship on the tiara front in recent years. And let's face it, if it was going to be Meghan's primary tiara going forward, I doubt it'd be a small piece like the Cartier Halo, likely something the size of the York tiara.
Old 04-30-2018, 11:31 AM
Majesty

I am praying it is NOT a newly created tiara....the craftmanship is not near the quality of the older existing tiaras. If she gets a 'new' tiara I hope it is just one they have bought for her from a private sale etc.

I still wonder what all they have in the vault that remains unseen for decades.

Here are some of Diana's diamond necklaces:

https://royalwatcherblog.com/2017/08...mond-necklace/ I would love to see Meghan wearing this.

Diana's Diamond and Gemstone Necklaces

LaRae
LaRae
Old 04-30-2018, 11:33 AM
Super Moderator

I had just a look at Diana's Jewels
and there is a rby and diamond tassel necklace and a sapphire and diamond tassel necklace which i don't think are to the taste of Meghan or Kate. There is also a flower diamond necklace which could probably conerted into a tiara.

Old 04-30-2018, 12:03 PM
Majesty

The diamond flower necklace is gorgeous, would love to see that reused/worn!

LaRae
Old 04-30-2018, 12:59 PM
Commoner

Spencer tiara.
Old 04-30-2018, 01:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Hmm, it doesn't appear that most of the diamond necklaces are her own property. It seems to belong to HMQ mostly. I just hope we don't see another atrocity like Sohpie's. We can definitely rule out the Spencer piece and the Collingwood piece. The Diamond Flower Necklace is gorgeous, but let that stay a necklace. As a tiara, it wouldn't have the same wow effect I feel.

On a side note, I think the Diamond heart necklace will probably be passed onto Charlotte. Diana had a lot more Sapphire jewelry than just one suite, which is why I think we would also see some sapphire pieces on Meghan. She'd look magnificent in the Oman suite.
Old 04-30-2018, 01:34 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinosa View Post
Spencer tiara.
That belongs to the Spencer family it won't be worn by members of the BRF.

LaRae
Old 04-30-2018, 01:54 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Hmm, it doesn't appear that most of the diamond necklaces are her own property. It seems to belong to HMQ mostly. I just hope we don't see another atrocity like Sohpie's. We can definitely rule out the Spencer piece and the Collingwood piece. The Diamond Flower Necklace is gorgeous, but let that stay a necklace. As a tiara, it wouldn't have the same wow effect I feel.

On a side note, I think the Diamond heart necklace will probably be passed onto Charlotte. Diana had a lot more Sapphire jewelry than just one suite, which is why I think we would also see some sapphire pieces on Meghan. She'd look magnificent in the Oman suite.
Totally agree there, it seems to be Meghan's style and is a piece of jewelry with a Diana connection without being overwhelmingly iconic unlike, say, the sapphire brooch choker.

After the wedding I think we might start to see more of Diana's pieces on both Meghan and Kate. Now that both William and Harry have wives they can take both their tastes into account while dividing Diana's personal collection.

Personally I think the jewelry will be sorted into what Kate will wear, what Meghan will wear, and stuff to be earmarked for the grandkids whether it be granddaughters like Charlotte (and any future sisters or cousins) or granddaughters-in-law (wives of George, Louis, and any brothers or male cousins they may have)
Old 05-10-2018, 05:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: Place Your Meghan Tiara Bets

I'm surprised the lotus tiara is not here. I doubt she will ever wear the fringe and pearl tiaras.
Old 05-10-2018, 06:10 PM
Nobility

i go for Princess Alice's (mother of Prince Philip) tiara, which SOphie later wore part of, sometimes called Battenberg Button Tiara..

https://www.thefamouspeople.com/prof...berg-33679.php

Closed Thread