The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Which tiara will Meghan Markle wear on her wedding day?
Cartier Halo Scroll Tiara 8 3.88%
Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara 5 2.43%
Papyrus Tiara 14 6.80%
Queen Mary's Filigree Bandeau 7 3.40%
Queen Mary's Fringe Tiara 4 1.94%
Queen Mary's Lover's Knot Tiara 7 3.40%
Queen Mary's Lozenge Bandeau 43 20.87%
Queen Mary's Sapphire Bandeau 3 1.46%
Strathmore Rose Tiara 33 16.02%
Teck Crescent Tiara 14 6.80%
Other tiara with a royal connection, please specify 11 5.34%
Tiara created from other royal jewels (e.g. a converted necklace), please specify 9 4.37%
Antique tiara acquired for her 9 4.37%
New tiara created for her 26 12.62%
No tiara at all (brooches, hair pins, flowers etc.) 13 6.31%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2018, 02:48 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.Y.CII View Post
OT: There is a suspicion that Sophie's tiara (the floral one) is the smaller verision of the Princess Alice's Aquamarine tiara (which is probably not true), but the tiara itself only contains diamond, no aquamarine.

That rumour is hard to die, but
1. the details in Alice Battenberg's tiara don't fit the tiara worn by Sophie, e.g. the number of diamonds in the floral elements differ
2. Ayvee possibly possibly found out about the tiara, see her old post here:
Countess of Wessex Jewellery
3. from all we know, Princess Alice most likely sold all her jewels.
4. Sophie Wessex never wore it again

Therefore I really can't imagine that Meghan could wear this tiara.

Old 03-30-2018, 05:13 PM
Heir Apparent

One of these diamond tiaras could be bought for Meghan.
Jewels du Jour | The Geneva sales are just around the corner and...

Old 03-30-2018, 05:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
1. the details in Alice Battenberg's tiara don't fit the tiara worn by Sophie, e.g. the number of diamonds in the floral elements differ

From what I understand, diamonds from Princess Alice's tiara were used by Philip to create the Queen's engagement ring. Other stones from her tiara were used to create the wedding bracelet Philip gave the Queen on their wedding day.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 04-03-2018, 03:37 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post

I think the most ridiculous part is some people use the (photoshopped) photo of Princess Alice wearing the Aquamarine tiara as a proof......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
From what I understand, diamonds from Princess Alice's tiara were used by Philip to create the Queen's engagement ring. Other stones from her tiara were used to create the wedding bracelet Philip gave the Queen on their wedding day.
Yes, it's believed that the big stones on upper row are aquamarine and the rest are diamonds. Probably the RF/Philip dismantled the tiara rather than sold the whole piece. I'd like to know where the aquamarines are, hopefully a new piece made of these aquamarines will make a debut in future.

Sorry for OT.
Old 04-03-2018, 06:43 AM
Royal Highness

I'd say that one of the aquamarines is now in the Modern Tiara/Necklace worn by Sophie. Aquamarines of that size would not be easy to come by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.Y.CII View Post
I think the most ridiculous part is some people use the (photoshopped) photo of Princess Alice wearing the Aquamarine tiara as a proof......

Yes, it's believed that the big stones on upper row are aquamarine and the rest are diamonds. Probably the RF/Philip dismantled the tiara rather than sold the whole piece. I'd like to know where the aquamarines are, hopefully a new piece made of these aquamarines will make a debut in future.

Sorry for OT.
Old 04-03-2018, 07:33 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by wymanda View Post
I'd say that one of the aquamarines is now in the Modern Tiara/Necklace worn by Sophie. Aquamarines of that size would not be easy to come by.
I know the moderator is going to move us to other thread if we continue being offtopic so here we go .
Old 04-03-2018, 09:15 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
One of these diamond tiaras could be bought for Meghan.
Jewels du Jour | The Geneva sales are just around the corner and...
The Geneva sale is almost certainly too late for a wedding purchase (although it's fun to dream!) but this one was purchased at auction around the time they announced the engagement...

https://www.christies.com/lotfinder/...3-dc86e8ae2415

(realistically speaking it's probably another in the "fun to dream" category, but you never know!)
Old 04-03-2018, 09:31 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonytick View Post
The Geneva sale is almost certainly too late for a wedding purchase (although it's fun to dream!) but this one was purchased at auction around the time they announced the engagement...

(realistically speaking it's probably another in the "fun to dream" category, but you never know!)
Gorgeous tiara! I sometimes long for the dismantled Nizam of Hyderabad tiara, but the one you found is 100x better. I would be thrilled to see it on Meghan.
Old 04-03-2018, 09:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

Reminds me a bit of the Nizam tiara, before the Queen had it remodelled into the abomination that it is today
Old 04-03-2018, 09:32 AM
Majesty

Not sure I like that one...it's almost too much. I like them when it isn't just a 'mass' of diamonds that there is distinction ..where you can see the shape of the tiara better.

There's been several at auctions posted here for Meghan...but of course unlikely she'll be wearing one of them!

LaRae
Old 04-03-2018, 09:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

I like it, especially for its versatility, but with VAT and 'buyers premium' it would have cost North of £100k , and 'to date' Earrings and Brooches seem not to be important to the Bride. It is very 'floral' so might not suit the Lady's style ?
Old 04-03-2018, 09:54 AM
Majesty

Yeah Meghan's style does not scream (to me) a love of floral or super blingy jewelry.

She seems to prefer yellow gold, perhaps opals (haven't seen her in other colored stones except these) and diamonds.

I will be surprised if she comes out wearing a big flashy tiara.

LaRae
Old 04-03-2018, 10:49 AM
Commoner

Meghan is a performer. I think she will see the wedding not just as a reflection of her personal style, but as a chance to Princess It Up for the people. She may be much less minimal and modern than many of you expect, just for this reason. Costuming!
Old 04-03-2018, 11:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

She might prefer yellow gold in her day to day life, but I doubt that there are many women around who would say no to being able to wear a diamond tiara on such an important day.

I know I wouldn't. All my jewelry is gold, but if it came to it, you best believe I'd be rocking the sh!t out of a diamond tiara and jewels without a hint of gold in sight.
Old 04-03-2018, 11:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanHarry View Post
Meghan is a performer. I think she will see the wedding not just as a reflection of her personal style, but as a chance to Princess It Up for the people. She may be much less minimal and modern than many of you expect, just for this reason. Costuming!
For some reason, I can't imagine Meghan treating her wedding day as a "role" or "stage setting" or anything other than the day she joins Harry in marriage in a very solemn and serious ceremony held in a 14th century royal chapel.

I do think she'll be very "princessy" but with the definition of princess as being one with style and grace and regal bearing. More of a Princess Elizabeth than a Disney princess.

I think, along with her dress, her tiara will be worn by her and not her being worn by the tiara. The overall picture will be one where Meghan is the total focus as she marries and not what she is wearing. She's going to ace it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 04-03-2018, 11:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

If Ms Markle just wants to 'play act' for the day, there are sufficient Tiara's in the BRF collection to find her something..
If I were the likely buyer [The Prince of Wales] i'd certainly hesitate to spend MANY thousands on a thing a Woman didn't REALLY appreciate..
Old 04-03-2018, 12:01 PM
Majesty

I don't think Meghan is going to play act nor do I think because she is a performer she is going to 'princess it up'. This isn't an episode of one of those wedding shows where the bride looks like a Christmas tree full lit.

She's a mature woman getting married in a historic formal Chapel in front of the Queen and a generally conservative (in some things), traditional family.

LaRae
Old 04-03-2018, 12:03 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
She might prefer yellow gold in her day to day life, but I doubt that there are many women around who would say no to being able to wear a diamond tiara on such an important day.

I know I wouldn't. All my jewelry is gold, but if it came to it, you best believe I'd be rocking the sh!t out of a diamond tiara and jewels without a hint of gold in sight.
I didn't say she wasn't going to wear a tiara. I said I didn't expect her to wear a big flashy tiara.

LaRae
Old 04-03-2018, 12:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

I know that Pranter. I doubt she'll even be allowed to wear a big one to be honest. Certainly not bigger than Kate's. I think she'll get a few options and she'll have to make due. The Lozenge Bandeau tiara would be perfect. Present, sparkly, but not too much and probably comfortable enough to wear.
Old 04-03-2018, 12:17 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Not sure I like that one...it's almost too much. I like them when it isn't just a 'mass' of diamonds that there is distinction ..where you can see the shape of the tiara better.

There's been several at auctions posted here for Meghan...but of course unlikely she'll be wearing one of them!

LaRae
I assume that the wedding tiara has long been decided, shortly after the engagement and before starting on the gown. That way a bride makes sure that gown and tiara work together, as the gown can be designed to fit the tiara. The other way round would be more difficult. So this approach would rule out any tiara that is still out there for sale.

Secondly, I doubt that Meghan will receive a tiara that has it's price tag all over the internet. If she receives a newly bought tiara, it will be purchased discreetly and privately. The press will still try to attach a price tag, but that will always be a guess, or a rumour from mysterious sources.

I still hope that she will get a long-term loan with a family background. It's a shame to let the historic jewels gather dust in the vaults.

The wedding is already next month! We are moving closer. I'm so curious!

Closed Thread