The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Which tiara will Meghan Markle wear on her wedding day?
Cartier Halo Scroll Tiara 8 3.88%
Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara 5 2.43%
Papyrus Tiara 14 6.80%
Queen Mary's Filigree Bandeau 7 3.40%
Queen Mary's Fringe Tiara 4 1.94%
Queen Mary's Lover's Knot Tiara 7 3.40%
Queen Mary's Lozenge Bandeau 43 20.87%
Queen Mary's Sapphire Bandeau 3 1.46%
Strathmore Rose Tiara 33 16.02%
Teck Crescent Tiara 14 6.80%
Other tiara with a royal connection, please specify 11 5.34%
Tiara created from other royal jewels (e.g. a converted necklace), please specify 9 4.37%
Antique tiara acquired for her 9 4.37%
New tiara created for her 26 12.62%
No tiara at all (brooches, hair pins, flowers etc.) 13 6.31%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2018, 03:07 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Been mentioned a few times Highly unlikely even if it hadn't been on tour, that Meghan would wear the same wedding tiara. Unlike Kate, she is likely to wear the same tiara for some time to come. Having the one associated with Kate's wedding day, would seem an unlikely pick.

A lot of girls don't dream of being a princess beyond kindergarten.

You don't need a dress covered in lace or bling for a major tiara. Actually the opposite would almost be true. The simpler the gown she chose, the more impressive a tiara might be called for. To make a statement and have the presence in the church.

Thanks Countessmeout - I just couldn't scroll through all the posts checking.

Agree regarding a simpler gown - Margaret being an example of that working.

Best idea was Sarah - going in as a country girl with flowers in her hair, coming out a princess with diamonds.

Old 03-28-2018, 10:08 AM
Nobility

I still don't think Meghan will wear anything that associate with Kate, which means we wouldn't see the Halo and also the Lotus and QMLK.

Old 03-28-2018, 10:21 AM
Heir Apparent

The Lover's Knot is currently loaned out to Kate and that seems to be the tiara she's sticking with after the one appearance of Lotus. I think we can safely count that out. I'm not sure why it was even mentioned as a contender in the first place. I don't think it'd be Halo or the Lotus either.
Old 03-28-2018, 11:13 AM
Majesty

The Halo is on tour in Oz....really out of the ones listed most of them aren't possible but the admin said they just tried to use all the ones people kept commenting about.

The Lotus is a possibility as is the Teck Crescent. Past that we aren't sure about the state of the Strathmore or the Lozenge Bandeau. It's not likely she'll wear the Sapphire bandeau either.

Possible also she will have a existing purchased tiara (in the manner of Sarah) or a created one like Sophie had.

LaRae
Old 03-28-2018, 01:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post

Possible also she will have a existing purchased tiara (in the manner of Sarah) or a created one like Sophie had.

LaRae
I hope for her sake it is a purchased one!

If it's from the vaults, then I think it will be the Lotus or possibly the Fringe (I don't think the Queen wears that much anymore, she might be willing to hand it off).
Old 03-28-2018, 02:12 PM
Majesty

The Daily Diadem: The Essex Tiara | The Court Jeweller

Speaking of tiaras with provenance ...Charles needs to go buy this back from Cartier for Meghan!

I'm not a fan of the Fringe style. To me they are boring and just a mass of diamonds with no real design.

LaRae
Old 03-28-2018, 02:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I might have eye problems but to me, the Essex tiara reminds me of Meghan's engagement dress. They would go well together.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 03-28-2018, 02:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Charles needs to go buy this back from Cartier for Meghan!
Unlikely for two reasons a] Cartier are unlikely to sell [why would they] ?
b] There is no family connection with the 'Essex' Tiara, and we know that where the Prince of Wales has bought 'historic Jewels', they have that connection [not to the Windsors] but to his wife's family..
Old 03-28-2018, 02:42 PM
Majesty

Oh I know it's about as likely as me meeting the Queen....but it's a gorgeous tiara. Meghan could pull it off. It would nice with several dresses I'd think.

LaRae
Old 03-28-2018, 04:03 PM
Nobility

Quote:

Speaking of tiaras with provenance ...Charles needs to go buy this back from Cartier for Meghan!

I'm not a fan of the Fringe style. To me they are boring and just a mass of diamonds with no real design.

LaRae
I seem to say this so many times but I love how views differ - 'a mass of diamonds' - to me that is fabulous, I love the fringe style
Old 03-29-2018, 03:08 AM
Majesty

While I believe the chance of Meghan wearing this is zero to none, I would love to see Meghan wear Queen Mary's, Fringe Tiara. It seems sad we haven't seen it since Anne's wedding (I think) which is a great pity as it really is a thing of beauty and they make such wonderful wedding tiaras.

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/30/16/a1/3...f02c4a9f59.jpg
https://i.pinimg.com/564x/f3/a0/c3/f...d627ca3013.jpg
Old 03-29-2018, 04:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:

LaRae
Why should Charles buy it? Harry is a wealthy man in his own right and Meghan is also a wealthy women. If they won't it then they can buy it themselves.

There are more than enough tiaras already in the BRF vaults without them buying new ones anyway.
Old 03-29-2018, 04:37 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
While I believe the chance of Meghan wearing this is zero to none, I would love to see Meghan wear Queen Mary's, Fringe Tiara. It seems sad we haven't seen it since Anne's wedding (I think) which is a great pity as it really is a thing of beauty and they make such wonderful wedding tiaras.

We actually have seen it 2 or 3 times on the Queen since she has inherited it from her mother. But ofcourse not as Wedding tiara.

Old 03-29-2018, 05:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think [in the absence of either 'the Lozenge' or 'Sapphire bandeau' tiara's], Queen Mary's 'Fringe tiara' would make a good 'Lifetime loan' piece for Ms Markle. It has a simple, unfussy style seemingly suited to the lady's own aesthetic, and is versatile enough to suit any number of dress styles..
Old 03-29-2018, 05:39 AM
Majesty

Bertie why not? It's said Charles likes to buy jewelry for the ladies in the family and he can afford it. Harry will buy Meghan plenty of jewelry (assuming Meghan wants it) over the years to come.

Honestly if all the fringe tiaras were reset into some other style it wouldn't bother me at all. My least favorite tiara style.

I'm hoping the Lozenge Bandeau is still around and it makes an appearance.

LaRae
Old 03-29-2018, 10:08 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post

The first pic shows Princess Alexandra wearing the Kent fringe tiara, which goes back to GD Vladimir. But of course, this is a good example of how lovely a fringe tiara can look on a bride.

According to my notes the QEII Queen Mary's fringe in 2009 at a SV to Trinidad and Tobago and in 2012 for an official portrait. So she's not wearing it often, but still I'd be very surprised if she were do loan it to the bride of a younger grandson.

Old 03-29-2018, 02:13 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
The first pic shows Princess Alexandra wearing the Kent fringe tiara, which goes back to GD Vladimir. But of course, this is a good example of how lovely a fringe tiara can look on a bride.

According to my notes the QEII Queen Mary's fringe in 2009 at a SV to Trinidad and Tobago and in 2012 for an official portrait. So she's not wearing it often, but still I'd be very surprised if she were do loan it to the bride of a younger grandson.
As I said, beautiful but unlikely. 😯
Old 03-29-2018, 05:43 PM
Administrator

Yeah, I can't imagine the Queen Mary fringe. Honestly, I don't think it will be a new tiara but something from the vaults that hasn't been seen in a long time.

I wish I had my books about the Queen's Jewels but they are in storage in Maryland(by Lesley Field and Suzy Menkes)...I think its going to be something we haven't seen in a long time. And not associated with the Queen, Diana or Kate.

Old 03-29-2018, 06:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Yeah, I can't imagine the Queen Mary fringe. Honestly, I don't think it will be a new tiara but something from the vaults that hasn't been seen in a long time.

I wish I had my books about the Queen's Jewels but they are in storage in Maryland(by Lesley Field and Suzy Menkes)...I think its going to be something we haven't seen in a long time. And not associated with the Queen, Diana or Kate.
What a lovely idea.

My issue with most suggestions that many existing pieces are not a great fit with her natural inclinations in jewelry. She tends to wear modern pieces of modest size. Her taste does not lean to botanical or deco other fussy/intricate styes of jewelry.

I will be fascinated with her choice - whatever it is.
Old 03-29-2018, 07:51 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post

Holding out hope we see the QM Lozenge Bandeau.

The crown jeweler and the other site about royal jewelry is pretty good showing the known pieces.

LaRae

Closed Thread