The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Which tiara will Meghan Markle wear on her wedding day?
Cartier Halo Scroll Tiara 8 3.88%
Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara 5 2.43%
Papyrus Tiara 14 6.80%
Queen Mary's Filigree Bandeau 7 3.40%
Queen Mary's Fringe Tiara 4 1.94%
Queen Mary's Lover's Knot Tiara 7 3.40%
Queen Mary's Lozenge Bandeau 43 20.87%
Queen Mary's Sapphire Bandeau 3 1.46%
Strathmore Rose Tiara 33 16.02%
Teck Crescent Tiara 14 6.80%
Other tiara with a royal connection, please specify 11 5.34%
Tiara created from other royal jewels (e.g. a converted necklace), please specify 9 4.37%
Antique tiara acquired for her 9 4.37%
New tiara created for her 26 12.62%
No tiara at all (brooches, hair pins, flowers etc.) 13 6.31%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2018, 11:45 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
Altho' Ms Markle is descended from Africans [as ultimately we ALL are], that descent is in the remote past.
It would be like giving Lady Gabriella Windsor Siberian Emeralds as a Wedding present, because she has distant Russian Ancestry...
American Gems would be rather more pertinent to her as an individual, surely ?
I think the suggestion was to represent their work in Africa rather than her heritage. Both of them have been active on the continent and IIRC that is where he proposed.

Old 02-22-2018, 12:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Meghan will no doubt be given some of Diana's jewellery on her wedding day or soon after, and there may be earrings, necklaces and bracelets with diamonds/emeralds etc from Middle Eastern rulers there.
I'm always curious about what jewelry Diana had in her possession. I don't know if she's worn all of them even. In her days, the gifts she received on state visits were hers to keep, and we haven't seen that many Diana pieces on Kate.

Old 02-22-2018, 12:46 PM
Majesty

Some of her jewelry will probably not been seen again for years...maybe when Charlotte is older or if George pulls some out for his wife etc....and if Harry has children they might use some of them etc.

I would love to see some of her nicer pieces being worn by Kate and Meghan.

LaRae
Old 02-22-2018, 01:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Some of her jewelry will probably not been seen again for years...maybe when Charlotte is older or if George pulls some out for his wife etc....and if Harry has children they might use some of them etc.

I would love to see some of her nicer pieces being worn by Kate and Meghan.

LaRae
It's been twenty years, I think it's safe for her pieces to be seen again. I somewhat suspect that Harry might've ended up with more of Diana's personal jewelry because William's family will one day have access to the vault.
Old 02-22-2018, 01:18 PM
Majesty

Diana’s jewellery has a personal connection for William and Harry. Regardless of William having access to the vault, he would still want his mother’s.

I think her jewels have been split fairly evenly. We’ve seen Kate wear Diana’s earrings and bracelet and obviously her engagement ring. Plus the Lovers Knot tiara. Strongly associated with Diana.

It will be interesting to see what Meghan wears in the years to come.
Old 02-22-2018, 01:34 PM
Super Moderator

Please stay on topic!
Diana's jewels can be dicussed here Diana, Princess of Wales Jewellery 2
and Meghan's future jewels can be discussed here
Meghan Markle: Future Tiaras and Jewels

Old 02-22-2018, 04:25 PM
Heir Apparent

A few people have expressed that Prince Charles might give a new tiara to Meghan.
A few people have expressed that Meghan could wear the Strathmore Rose Tiara. However, a few people have suggested that the Strathmore Tiara may not be available because of its condition.
Here is a solution. Prince Charles has a jeweler make an exact copy of the Strathmore Rose Tiara. Charles presents this tiara to Meghan.
Old 02-22-2018, 05:00 PM
Majesty

No need to make a copy ..they could repair the existing one.

LaRae
Old 02-22-2018, 05:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

To remake it would be a complete waste of money to be honest. Indeed, repair it or leave it. I still wonder if the reason we don't see it might partly also be because it's not a practical tiara and the currect ladies allowed to wear it, prefer the other ones.
Old 02-22-2018, 05:48 PM
Majesty

It's very style specific to me...seems like it would be very limited., and they only wear tiaras 3 or 4 times a year now.

LaRae
Old 02-23-2018, 07:29 PM
Heir Apparent

If the Strathmore Rose Tiara had to repaired, that is fine. At least let this tiara be showcased and what not a better way to reintroduce it than to have Meghan wear it as her wedding tiara?
Old 02-23-2018, 08:02 PM
Courtier

Especially since Meghan and the Queen Mother share the same birthday!
Old 02-23-2018, 08:29 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
Especially since Meghan and the Queen Mother share the same birthday!
It would be a nice gesture, but IMO Meghan would look better in a Carter tiara; this silver glow would combine so nicely with her dark hair.

As for sharing birthdays - just for curiosity - the current oldest living verified person, Japanese woman Nabi Tajima, was born exactly the same day as the Queen Mother! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nabi_Tajima
Old 02-23-2018, 11:04 PM
Majesty

I am keeping my fingers crossed for the outside chance of her showing up in the Queen Mary Lozenge tiara.

Past that I'd like to see her in the Teck or the Papyrus.

LaRae
Old 02-24-2018, 01:19 AM
Aristocracy

Am I the only one who doesn't like the Strathmore Rose tiara? It might actually be my least favorite of those in the poll. Just feels very dated. Is the history the draw or do people objectively prefer that style?
Old 02-24-2018, 05:53 AM
Courtier

Looking at those pictures above, the Teck Crescent would be a nice one actually. Camilla clearly doesn't intend to wear it herself, since she's chosen not to in how many years?, so it would be nice to see it worn by a younger woman with dark hair. There is a bit of a gap between the base and the rest of it but that could be easily overcome with the right hair/veil combo.

In fact it would be a nice size tiara to be given to Meghan for her ongoing use. Not one the Queen's important tiaras but still with plenty of royal provenance.
Old 02-24-2018, 08:07 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Suitor View Post
Am I the only one who doesn't like the Strathmore Rose tiara? It might actually be my least favorite of those in the poll. Just feels very dated. Is the history the draw or do people objectively prefer that style?
I'm not a fan of it. It's one I hope doesn't get picked. It's very style specific and not going to look good with certain types of dresses.

LaRae
Old 02-24-2018, 11:16 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
A few people have expressed that Prince Charles might give a new tiara to Meghan.
A few people have expressed that Meghan could wear the Strathmore Rose Tiara. However, a few people have suggested that the Strathmore Tiara may not be available because of its condition.
Here is a solution. Prince Charles has a jeweler make an exact copy of the Strathmore Rose Tiara. Charles presents this tiara to Meghan.
Look at this beautiful photoshopped idea for a re-design of the tiara - it looks like it's the same jewels and metal, just with the crescents rotated 90 degrees.

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/70/21/23/7...56d2966cc8.jpg
Old 02-24-2018, 01:24 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by csw View Post
Look at this beautiful photoshopped idea for a re-design of the tiara - it looks like it's the same jewels and metal, just with the crescents rotated 90 degrees.

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/70/21/23/7...56d2966cc8.jpg

Wow, that's really pretty! I like that
Old 02-24-2018, 02:41 PM
Aristocracy

I like it too but isn't it a redesign of the Teck Crescent without the centerpiece?

Closed Thread