Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Waiting to see if they can ID her earrings over on twitter.

LaRae

Elton John

That (SUITS) was just an example.

How often does Harry see Elton John? Or the Beckhams, or the Spice Girls, or any of a hundred other invitees?

I don't see any valid reason to leave out his cousins.

My toes are curling from hearing that Elton is performing.....shudder:eek:

I think that cheapens the event. Am i the only one neg on this?

Another exciting aspect for me about this wedding came from reading some of the time lines that have been posted on the day of the wedding itself. It seems that the invited guests will be seen arriving to the Chapel from Windsor Castle either by foot or by car. This means that we will actually get some good feed watching the people arrive and going into the Chapel itself along with then watching the arrival of the Queen and then the bridal party itself.

One thing I was disappointed with with W&K's wedding is that there was little coverage of the actual guests arriving and I'm hoping there will be more with this wedding. We'll see most of the guests walking to the Chapel similar to how guests approached for Pippa and James Matthew's wedding.

From Harry and Meghan deciding to surprise people by taking the Long Walk to Windsor Castle today and smiling, I think its possible that they're really planning on giving their public as much as they possibly can with this wedding.

Has this been officially announced by KP? I don't remember seeing that.

I must admit, Elton John is not my favourite musician frankly and I guess it will depend on what he's singing.

Another exciting aspect for me about this wedding came from reading some of the time lines that have been posted on the day of the wedding itself. It seems that the invited guests will be seen arriving to the Chapel from Windsor Castle either by foot or by car. This means that we will actually get some good feed watching the people arrive and going into the Chapel itself along with then watching the arrival of the Queen and then the bridal party itself.

One thing I was disappointed with with W&K's wedding is that there was little coverage of the actual guests arriving and I'm hoping there will be more with this wedding. We'll see most of the guests walking to the Chapel similar to how guests approached for Pippa and James Matthew's wedding.

From Harry and Meghan deciding to surprise people by taking the Long Walk to Windsor Castle today and smiling, I think its possible that they're really planning on giving their public as much as they possibly can with this wedding.

I agree! I'm so excited that we're going to get all of the pomp and circumstance... I just cannot wait!

The Queen has just arrived as well.

"The Royal standard has gone up over Windsor Castle, indicating the Queen is now in residence. It is believed she will be meeting #MeghanMarkle’s mum Doria for the 1st time today at the Castle."

Wow. Here we go.

I'm with you. Not a big Elton John fan, especially at an event like this!

At the wedding? Or at the evening reception?

Even if at the wedding, I don't have a problem--it really isn't that different than Kiri Te Kanawa performing at Charles & Diana's wedding. Just a different kind of music.

Kensington Palace (twitter) is posting gorgeous pictures of the rehearsals happening (or that happened) this morning in Windsor... and along the Long Walk.

I'm getting really excited - my favorite part of royal weddings are the arrivals and the processionals - the drama of it all is just something to behold.

Just think - in 2 days (OMG!) we'll be watching as the bells toll, Prince Harry and Prince William leave their lodging and head to the Chapel... and Meghan and her mom head to Windsor Castle...

I'm very excited. I'm going to ignore the "noise" and focus on the grandeur and excitement building for the wedding day.

Here is the tweet - with pics!!
Also rehearsals are happening with the choir in the Chapel... I think these happened yesterday?

Link showing the processional route Harry and Meghan will take after the ceremony:

And this is sweet... Meghan's high school in CA is going to host a viewing party the day of the wedding so the kids can come and watch if they want to:

Damage control by the Palace mostly. After being attacked in the press for insufficient or chaotic preparation for the wedding, the courtiers now want to show how everybody is "rehearsing" for the big day. Well, at least they finally are.

If he performs it will be at the evening reception I'm thinking....so not a big deal.

LaRae

I thought they usually made a bit of a fuss over wedding rehearsals.

Damage control by the Palace mostly. After being attacked in the press for insufficient or chaotic preparation for the wedding, the courtiers now want to show how everybody is "rehearsing" for the big day. Well, at least they finally are.

Rehearsals were always gonna happen close to the wedding. This, along with other announcement regarding the wedding, is always a part of a rollout. There has obviously been some changes with having to release statements they didn't think they'd have to release, but they can walk and chew gum at the same time.

Of course they're going to jump on stories of things being rehearsed ahead of time from the procession to the choir. It would have come to our attention anyways as I imagine that quite a few of the people already congregated in Windsor ahead of this wedding know how to operate a smart phone. ;)

Even to the Queen's standard being raised over Windsor Castle denoting that she has arrived there for the pre wedding festivities would be a hard thing to miss.

Its not damage control. Its actual reporting. There's finally concrete things going on to report about. :D

BTW: The best confirmation for me and enjoying this wedding just came to pass as my hubby who is avidly following the IIHF series of games going on has asked me to confirm just what hours will *not* be available for him to watch games due to the royal wedding coverage. As much as I love ice hockey myself, this wedding is a one of kind, probably never to be repeated again for me in my lifetime and hubby understands that. :lol:

Last edited:

The preparations for the wedding have been conducted beautifully and the organisation exactly to the high standard it always is. We will see the finer details of the wedding such as flowers, music, clothes, processions etc on Saturday to see how well everything has been organised.

We will also see the seemless and rather minor alteration being put into effect due to Tom Sr’s absence.

Last edited:

Huh? This was happening anyways.

Ok, let’s get this show on the road!!

So lovely to see the couple!

Actually the ONLY link I posted from KP was the first one. The second was RF. The rest are other news sources. And I posted them all in one because I found them all just looking through the #RoyalWedding tag on Twitter. I self selected them. There were a ton of other links from other news sources.

So - one tweet does not damage control make.

Last edited by a moderator:
I must admit, Elton John is not my favourite musician frankly and I guess it will depend on what he's singing.

Could it be "I Don't Wanna Go On With You Like That" in honor of the Markle half-siblings? Never thought so. :lol:

And I will die if it is "Tiny Dancer." ?

Just saying.

Last edited:
The wedding preparations were happening according to plan all this time. A few deranged relatives talking to the press, or even uncertainty of Mr Markle's chances to walk Meghan down the aisle hasn't stopped or hindered anything. The wedding is after tomorrow, of course there's going to be rehearsal activity and all this what we see happening now. No need for any damage control, it's full speed for 2 days now.

Pics of them leaving rehearsal with a smiling Harry. So good to see his smile!

Same here (although i admit i only know a small portion of his work, so maybe there's a lot i would like but don't know)

For some reason i have a feeling he could play "Candle in the wind", but i'm not sure whether i'd like that...

Could it be "I Don't Wanna Go On With You Like That" in honor of the Markle half-siblings? Never though so. :lol:

And I will die if it is "Tiny Dancer." ?

Just saying.

Or "Mama Can't Buy You Love" :eek:

...BTW: The best confirmation for me and enjoying this wedding just came to pass as my hubby who is avidly following the IIHF series of games going on has asked me to confirm just what hours will *not* be available for him to watch games due to the royal wedding coverage. As much as I love ice hockey myself, this wedding is a one of kind, probably never to be repeated again for me in my lifetime and hubby understands that. :lol:

? This made me laugh, your husband has been trained well. :lol:

Absent the obvious tie to Diana, I would tend to agree with you. But because of that tie, this news makes me tear up a bit. Which surprises me but there it is.

Harry and Elton have a relationship also...it's not just the tie to Diana.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom