Sofia Hellqvist: Potential Wedding Tiaras

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which tiara do you think Sofia Hellqvist will wear on her wedding day?

• 01. [URL=http://s1058.photobucket.com/user/TRFpolls/media/4dea239e-b7a3-4e9b-9f56-39e666347afa_zpsab

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • 02. [URL=http://s1058.photobucket.com/user/TRFpolls/media/e1db63d1-af37-4916-a71a-a6691ef437da_zpsc6

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • 03. [URL=http://s1058.photobucket.com/user/TRFpolls/media/d0159c5d-b149-4455-a14d-c2236620cdbd_zps84

Votes: 13 9.9%
  • 04. [URL=http://s1058.photobucket.com/user/TRFpolls/media/1839724c-be19-4476-b918-ae5bc9b2c03a_zps21

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • 05. [URL=http://s1058.photobucket.com/user/TRFpolls/media/71ed8e3e-01a2-4593-adc2-bb4ed986e2d3_zpse3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 06. [URL=http://s1058.photobucket.com/user/TRFpolls/media/fa6545ff-2206-431c-8fa7-c349e18814de_zps9c

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • 07. [URL=http://s1058.photobucket.com/user/TRFpolls/media/2d8e6509-85e1-4f6b-8aca-88dcc7e5d1eb_zpsa6

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • 08. [URL=http://s1058.photobucket.com/user/TRFpolls/media/f86bd0ba-f951-4011-9e95-eddcf3ffaf4d_zps99

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • 09. [URL=http://s1058.photobucket.com/user/TRFpolls/media/b8b18a65-087d-494d-bde1-18b8807c6a18_zps4b

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • 10. [URL=http://s1058.photobucket.com/user/TRFpolls/media/27f38b5e-80ed-4b8d-bb6a-ee381c621bc9_zpsf8

Votes: 27 20.6%
  • 11. [URL=http://s1058.photobucket.com/user/TRFpolls/media/1e1d8d3d-f990-413a-a11c-d99e79ccf711_zpsb5

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • 12. [URL=http://s1058.photobucket.com/user/TRFpolls/media/9041370f-7675-4592-aa44-2d5410548bb4_zps51

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 13. Other Tiara, please specify

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • 14. New Tiara

Votes: 33 25.2%
  • 15. No Tiara

Votes: 5 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
:previous: I like the the amethyst tiara, but it does not work as a 'signature tiara'. It is too limiting in colour and style. The first one is better for that purpose because it is colour neutral.

Actually I think she will wear either the Connaught, which is beautiful when worn with a veil, or a new tiara.

Just 5 days now! We will soon know what came of all our speculations.

The official court website has sometimes refered to Madeleine as wearing 'her own tiara'. OK, the PR department is know to make mistakes from time to time. But imo this still is a strong indication that the modern fringe is now really owned by Princess Madeleine.

If that is the case, it would definitely make sense that Sofia also receives a personal tiara. And if a new tiara is bought for her, it does not matter if it should leave the family in case of a divorce. I mean a divorce will always be expensive, but there would not be a lost heirloom. And what would CP do with his ex-wife's tiara? Give it to wife no. 2? Anyway, let's not speculate too much about divorce, they have to marry first;).

Giving her a personal tiara does not mean that she will be barred from using the historic tiaras from time to time. She will just be on the same footing as Madeleine. And it doesn't even mean that she will necessarily wear it at her wedding. She could still wear a family tiara at the wedding start wearing her own later on. Although the weddings seem a perfect event to break in a new tiara.

CP Mette-Marit and CP Mary both received a new tiara from their in-laws and wore them at their weddings. Does this mean that we think they were not accepted by the family? I don't think so. And the SWR has made it very clear that they accept Sofia. They invited her to private events for years, included her in all sorts of official events since the engagement, etc. Still, people who dislike her will always look for signs that her future in-laws dislike her. Wearing a certain tiara won't change that.

I do not believe that a new tiara would come as gift from the groom. It seems rather the tradition that the new parents-in-law give it (at least this is what happened in Norway and Denmark, Belgium is a different story because Mathilde's tiara was a gift from the nobility). As for Carl Philip designing one: I hope not! Firstly, contemporary tiaras are very often rather awful. Secondly his designs so far aren't indicating that he could pull off a good tiara design. Just my opinion.

A good option is to buy an antique tiara. Usually one gets the most flattering designs for a better price than in a new tiara. But I don't think that they would buy at auction. That would mean that the price tag would be all over the papers and the internet! But it is also possibly to dicreetly buy antique pieces at a jeweller. Probably that's what was done with Mary and Mette-Marit's tiaras, because no one ever found out anything about them being auctioned.

Great post, I largely agree with you.

In Burlington Arcade in London, there are plenty of antique tiaras that are available, catering to various tastes and budgets. I am sure there are plenty available in Scandinavia as well, and if the SRF choose to get one, I am sure there will be plenty to choose from.

In Burlington Arcade in London, there are plenty of antique tiaras that are available, catering to various tastes and budgets. I am sure there are plenty available in Scandinavia as well, and if the SRF choose to get one, I am sure there will be plenty to choose from.
Besides we know that the royaly like shopping abroad. Why not fly to London or Paris or whereever to do some tiara shopping?

We heard rumors that Estelle Bernadotte, Countess of Wisborg's pink tourmaline parure returned to the family after the birth of Princess Estelle. Is there any other far flung family tiaras that could return to the fold on this occasion?

A good solution for bringing a new tiara in to the family box would indeed be to buy it discreetly or at a private auction outside Sweden. Is it bought at a public auction at for example Bukowskis with a public price tag, it would cause a storm in the media so better keep it secret.

Problem is, no matter what country the tiara was boughtin, it (and its price) will always be found on the internet.

We heard rumors that Estelle Bernadotte, Countess of Wisborg's pink tourmaline parure returned to the family after the birth of Princess Estelle. Is there any other far flung family tiaras that could return to the fold on this occasion?

Sometimes I've seen this parure referred to as Queen Sophia's Pink Topaz Parure as it used to belong to Queen Sophia of Sweden and Norway. I used to think it was bought for Estelle again but maybe not...

A good solution for bringing a new tiara in to the family box would indeed be to buy it discreetly or at a private auction outside Sweden. Is it bought at a public auction at for example Bukowskis with a public price tag, it would cause a storm in the media so better keep it secret.

But Carl Philip could always use an unknown buyer which can't be attached to him.

Problem is, no matter what country the tiara was boughtin, it (and its price) will always be found on the internet.
That is not certain. At least nothing at all is known about CP Mary's wedding tiara. And about CP Mette-Marit's daisy bandeau we only know that it was once used in a movie. The jewellery trade is still an immensely discreet business, so they kept shut.
Sometimes I've seen this parure referred to as Queen Sophia's Pink Topaz Parure as it used to belong to Queen Sophia of Sweden and Norway. I used to think it was bought for Estelle again but maybe not...
This blog gives more information about this parure: Trond Norén Isaksen: Royal jewels: Queen Sophia’s alleged coronation tiara (Estelle Bernadotte’s tiara)
The author Trond Norén Isaksen talks also about the sale. As he learned from Countess Christine Bernadotte herself, the tiara had been sold to the Norwegian RF! There is no decent source confirming that it really has been sold on to the Swedisch RF. That could very well be a rumour concocted by the gossip press. Tbh, I won't believe it until I see better proof of it.
But Carl Philip could always use an unknown buyer which can't be attached to him.
I doubt that that would help. Other buyers would see the tiara at the auction and remember it once it it is seen on the new princess. Auction houses like Christie's and Sotherby's have their auction catalogues on the internet. Once Sofia is seen with a tiara from such an auction, someone will recognize it and remember the details of the sale.

with this wedding we may not see a swedish royal wedding for 30 years

My guesses are princess lilians tiara or the connught tiara

Last edited by a moderator:
with this wedding we may not see a swedish royal wedding for 30 years

My guesses are princess lilians tiara or the connught tiara

As much as i would love to see the amethyst tiara, earrings and bracelets being used by Sofia my final tiara bid is one of the Cameo tiara, Connaught Diamond tiara or Baden fringe tiara.

I would love to see the bride wearing the Connaught.

And I hope her sisters-in-law surprise us with something they haven't worn before: Victoria with the other tiara she inherited from Lilian and Madeleine with the baden fringe tiara

As for the queen, I hope she'll pull out another big gun for the last wedding of her children: the sapphire.

It seems that most think she will wear a new tiara. Closely followed by those who think it will be the Connaght. Only a few hours and we will know.

In the mean time the poll has been closed.

It seems that most think she will wear a new tiara. Closely followed by those who think it will be the Connaght. Only a few hours and we will know.

In the mean time the poll has been closed.

Yeah it feels it is close now :) I would love to see the Cameo tiara shine again in a few hours, wether it be on Sofia or on Silvia :)

I think that will be Leuchtenberg Sapphire Parure :) Red, rose flowers, you know what I mean ;)

It would be interesting if Silvia wears the Leuchtenberg sapphires today as she has never ever worn them to a wedding before. Princess Sibylla used them frequently to weddings but for some unknown reason Silvia has never done that.

:previous: I like the the amethyst tiara, but it does not work as a 'signature tiara'. It is too limiting in colour and style. The first one is better for that purpose because it is colour neutral.

Actually I think she will wear either the Connaught, which is beautiful when worn with a veil, or a new tiara.

Just 5 days now! We will soon know what came of all our speculations.

I agree with you - partially. I still think there is some chance for the Cameo - as it was worn by Silvia and Victoria. But I would consider this chance very small. The Connaught would be my bet - or the Laurel Leave. Given that it came from Princess Lilian - and it is diamond only - and the shape should go well with a veil.
However - I would love to see a new tiara for this new princess :whistling:

I have seen one of the Princesses with the cut-steel diadem, so that can be ruled out now. I believe that was Princess Christina.

From what I've seen, it's down to the Cameo, Sofia's diadem (Nine Prong) or a new one.

okay, so new tiara wins? never seen that one before. not sure if it's emeralds or sapphires

Sofia Hellqvist entered the church with a new tiara.

Congratulations to the 25,19 % of the voters who have guessed right. Thank you to everyone for having voted :flowers:.

Well I was proven wrong! She wore a semi-colored gem tiara. I'm not sure I like the emeralds with her dress...but the rest of the tiara is pretty and suits her. Not too big and not too small. I did however get it right that she wore/given a new tiara. I am happy she has her own now :)

Back
Top Bottom