The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-04-2009, 02:55 PM
Aristocracy

Eshalis, I fear you are a bit dreaming...
1) All persons named Bourbon are not of the royal Bourbon family.
Which elements do you have to affirmate your ancestor was from the royal Bourbon family?
2) The history of the (most unhappy) marriage of Louis XIII and Anne d'Autriche is very well known and historiated. Louis XIII had been grown up py a betrayed and resented mother, who wanted him not to have girl-lovers. He became very reluctant to women. But not homosexual. The night after their marriage, the bride, Anne d'Autriche, who wanted to secure her position, maybe nearly raped him, then he lost confidence in her and they lived separated. After four years of separation, the dukes of Luynes, him being friend of Louis XIII and her being friend of the queen, managed to reconciliate them and they went back to common life. The queen was pregnant twice, and lost her children. Later the duke of Luynes died. The queen became pregnant again, but playing in a staircase with her followers, among which the duchess of Luynes, she fell and lost her child again. Afterward, Louis XIII was so angry that he rejected both his wife and the duchess of Luynes. Other years of separation followed. Louis XIII became friend with a woman, Marie de Hautefort, and rapidly understood that her motivation was ambition. Later, he became friend with Louise de La Fayette, in whom he found qualities he appreciated much : gentleness, sincerity, piety. She refused to become Richelieu's spy. Fearing their friendship could become an "affair", she entered in a convent, praying for the kings' reconciliation that happened a short time after : first the queen lost a baby, then they did many pilgrimages, eventually the future Louis XIV was born, and later Philippe, future duke of Orléans. All this is perfectly documented and it is highly probable that the queen never cheated her husband.

Old 03-12-2009, 12:05 PM

Post Du Bourg ancestors

In hopes of honoring my ancestors, I would like to know what titles they held before they emmigrated to America. Seven generations of my Bourg family ancestors lived in Beisten, Mersch, Nommern, Luxembourg. Their records were scripted by officials in Crutchen. The castle is Bourghoff.

My question is that I am told my great grandfather, Gustave, held the title of Count before he left with his mother, my great great grandmother Elizabeth, after my great great grandfather Servatius was shot by the invading army.

What title did Sevatius hold? And his fathers before him? I will be sharing this information with my children and it will be an honor to do it correctly, rather than guessing.
Thank you for any answers and assistance.

I am a descendant.
Respectfully,
Carol

Old 03-29-2009, 03:43 PM

Grandmother's tale of my Austrian birthrite

My Grandmother in Texas, told a tale of a Princess Caroline from Austria. She had supposedly escaped a kidnapping attempt by the English and sailed for Mexico to stay with her brother, Emporer Maximillian. The ship had put in to port in Texas to escape a hurricane. While there, she met my Great ... Grandfather, fell in love and stayed in Texas. My mother told me of this as it was her mother's dying wish to bestowe upon me the birthrite as the true heir to Austria's throne. Now I know that a title such as that and $5 will still only get me a Latté at Starbucks. I just found it interesting as I have little documentation about it. Just some News articles about one of my Grandfathers telling of the story. I am just curious if anyone has heard of these stories and/or had any more information about it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. My wife and I are compiling our genealogy and would love to include as much information about this in a more true fashion.
Thanks in advance!
Old 03-29-2009, 04:35 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The only Emperor Maximilian of Mexico that I know was Archduke Maximilian of Austria, who had a sister, but whose name was Maria Anna and who lived only 5 years between 1835 and 1840...So I don't think she was your ancestor...
Old 03-29-2009, 05:46 PM
Serene Highness

Dear rttuckers,

I think someone must have lied to your grandmother. How unfortunate.
Old 03-30-2009, 12:51 AM
Serene Highness

Also, even if Archduchess Caroline did exist and had been your ancestor, you have no claim to the Austrian throne because the Hapsburgs have Salic law, which means inheritance can only be passed in the male line.
Old 04-01-2009, 04:56 PM

Royal Military College of Bavaria

Hi Everyone,
I'm trying to find out information on the Royal Military College of Bavaria. I understand my 2x Great Grandfather was a Professor of Mathematics there in the 1840 's. His name was Nicolas Kraus Niederlender which he changed to William Egloff when he came to America in 1850.
Interesting guy.
Many thanks for any information you can give me.
Sally Nealond
Old 04-18-2009, 10:46 AM

Franz Roubaud

Does anyone know anything about the personal/family life of Franz Roubaud? He was a well known painter associated with the Royal Family in Russia at the turn of the 20th century. When I Google him I find out a lot about his artistic history and can see his magnificent paintings. However, since he is related to my family, I am interested in his wives and children, especially the first wife.

Thanks. Mardi
Old 04-20-2009, 10:40 AM

Restoration of Family Status

I am a direct descendant of the Marquis de Castleneau, Ducs De La Force. My family had very close ties to the House of Navarre. One of my great grandfathers, Henri de Caumont was god son to King Henri IV. I wish only to restore the styles my ancestors wore proudly and keep the tradition alive for my heirs. Is there anyone out there that can give guidance in this matter?
Old 04-20-2009, 11:17 AM

Good Morning Everybody. My name is Kerby Boiteux and I'm looking to see if my family is part of the royal family. My resources are very low and my information is very limited. I would appreciate the help from you a lot. The information i could get was that Louis I Duke of Bourbon, Charles II of Naples, Beatirx Of Burgundy. If you could help me is would mean a lot to me and my family. Thank you
Old 04-22-2009, 12:46 AM
Courtier

Wow. Lots of people looking for help. I hardly know where to start first; my best advice to everyone would be checking with wikipedia and other encyclopedia articles' genealogies before making any claims to relation to / descent from famous monarchs and royal families. ALL royalty and nobility down to minor gentry is carefully recorded and often marriages and children are carefully monitered by family or house laws. Furthermore, ALL morganatic marriages are recorded, as well as many illegitimate children.

M. de Castelneau, have you applied to have your family's titles recognised by the French government? It is not always done, but is legally allowed for protection of those titles, etc.

Once again, major resources are the Almanach de Gotha (available online at "an online gotha") and Burke's Peerage (for British peers).

For my own part, I was curious if anyone knew a place I might find a list of people ennobled in the Principality of Liechtenstein (by the princes).
Old 04-22-2009, 11:25 AM

Mission Impossible

or not? I explain. I'm trying to track down the name of a daughter of a sultan ... Or at least the name of the father ... I tell you the details I have:
-Uncle is Bandar bin Sultan
-grandfather Sultan Bin Abdul Aziz
-The family lives in London
-The family has to do with a famous airline ... I do not know if they are owners or majority shareholders
-The daughter was probably born in 1979

You say ... it is difficult to understand who is right?
I simply just a list of possible fathers ...
Thanks for any replies
Old 04-22-2009, 11:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Hello.
You are talking about a turkish origin?
If yes, have a look at this link, it might help you. It talks about a Abdul Aziz. But BIN seems son I think, so you are looking for Andul Aziz' son?

Abdul Aziz, Sultan of Turkey 1861-1876

Bye
Old 04-22-2009, 12:06 PM

Thanks for the reply but the origins are in Saudi Arabia ...
This is the uncle Bandar bin Sultan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 05-04-2009, 02:19 PM

Hi, you mentioned Khaalid born in (1983). My best friend is related to the royal family and his name is Khaalid and he was born in 1983. His dad is called Ahmed and his grandad is Hamdan. His mum is Maryum and his sister is Nasria. His nan's name was fatima. He is going to his grandad's funeral in Oman tomorrow. He is very secretive about his connections - any idea if he is actually a royal? J
Old 05-04-2009, 07:13 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordbak View Post
Hi, my name is Jordan. My best friend's name is Khaalid (born in 1983). He is part of the royal family of Dubai but he is very secretive. He says his grandad's name is Hamdan and his father's name is Ahmed. His grandad has just died and he is in Oman at the funeral - which is tomorrow. He has a sister called Nasria and his mum's name is Maryum. I'm confused but I don't want to push him. Any help would be apprecited. J

never heard of him but im sure he will be pleased you went to a royal forum asking about his family.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:45 AM

Help please! I may be in the wrong area, but I am looking for info regarding Crown Prince Ruprecht of Bavaria, his forebears, the Crown Prince's family linking to the Ruprecht family in Australia, especially Taree NSW. Some names of Ruprecht family I have traced is John 1811 who married Fredericka Crust 1815 in 1830's in Wurtemmberg Germany, their children Martin Christopher born 1837 who married Fredericka Rapbold/Rapholt born 1836ish and John Martin born 1832 who married Sara Barbara Vogel born 1835ish. I have so much info from John 1811 to the present day, but info before him is difficult for me to trace, perhaps a few pointers, tips, or even info would be appreciated. Dale

I am seeking info re the Crown Prince Ruprecht of Bavaria and his supposed link to the Ruprecht family in Australia, esp. NSW, as there is a fountain in Taree NSW, funds donated by John AH Ruprecht, dedicated to the pioneers of the Manning River Valley and I was told that John AH was linked to the Crown Prince Ruprecht genetically. There are heaps and heaps of Ruprechts around there, as well as some parts of WA where a relative was rumoured (not yet proven) to have gone to after landing with siblings in 1865. Can you help at all by pointing me in the right direction, are there any German sites that might tell me about this? Dale

I am looking for information regarding the link of Crown Prince Ruprecht and his forebears, and the Ruprecht family from Wurttemberg. The earliest link I have is John Ruprecht B1811 who married a Fredericka Crust B1815 in the mid 1830s, who descendents are still in Australia, Taree NSW especially, and WA.
Does anyone have any clever ideas to get further back than John B1811? I do not read German, but if there are some sites in German I could get them printed and translated.
I sometimes feel I am going round in circles, ever decreasing, not finding anything new!
Apparently, according to mum, the churchyard scene in The Sound of Music when hiding from the bad guys, there was a Ruprecht gravestone on the screen. I wonder how I can check that out? Another circle has started!
Old 05-07-2009, 09:08 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

But Kronprinz Rupprecht is buried in the Teatinerkirche in Munchen...
Here is a picture of his grave
http://www.royaltyguide.nl/images-co...rkirche/09.JPG
Old 05-20-2009, 12:03 PM

Am I in line of Succession to the British throne?

Hi, I look out my genealogy and I found out that I am a descandant of Edgar of Wessex (first King of hole England) and now my question: Am I in line of succession to the British throne?

P.S. My mother (who is also a descendant of him) is Protestant and my father is Roman Cathaholic. I am not baptised in any church.

P.P.S. And I am in another lineage related to the Queen
Old 05-20-2009, 12:31 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

i'm sorry for you, but you're not in the Line of Succession because only the heirs of Electress Sophie of Hannover can be in the line of Succession.
Even if you would have been in the line of Succession, your mother would have lost her rights, since she has married a Catholic, according to the Act of Settlements of 1701; you would however have had your rights, since you are not a Catholic.

Tags
adel, british, caumont, francois, germany, grabowski, henri, inheritance, jenison-walworth, la force, lineage, marquis de castelneau, mecklenburg-strelitz, multiple, raugraf von heidelberg, royal, royal poland lineage revolution 1900, scottish, secret, the bourg family titles?