The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-08-2008, 10:59 PM
Courtier

Do you mean literally, looking for her?

I may be able to help. Send me a private message (you can use French if it helps) explaining it to me again. Genealogically, I know who she is, but if you are looking for how to contact her...

Old 06-09-2008, 08:47 AM

Thank you very much. Check your private message.

Old 06-12-2008, 03:15 PM

Pre Romanoff Lineage

I have a question of those that seem to know this stuff.

I while back I met an individual who is said to be a Russian princess and is authenticated by (I am told) the Russian Orthodox Church. Now I thought the Romanoff’s were the ruling house since something like 1612 AD. Her linage is supposed to predate this, making it a different house?

The person’s name is

Princess Lada Schuiski

I have found very little on the internet relating to this. Comments?

Curious in Minsk
Old 06-12-2008, 04:00 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschwahn View Post
I have a question of those that seem to know this stuff.

I while back I met an individual who is said to be a Russian princess and is authenticated by (I am told) the Russian Orthodox Church. Now I thought the Romanoff’s were the ruling house since something like 1612 AD. Her linage is supposed to predate this, making it a different house?

The person’s name is

Princess Lada Schuiski

I have found very little on the internet relating to this. Comments?

Curious in Minsk
There was an ealyer dynasty then the Romanoff call the Rurikid-dynasty. One very wellknown zar of this dynasty is Ivan the Terrible. You can read about this on this link.

Rurik Dynasty - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

On this likn you can read that she got her last name from her husband Larry:

Living | The princess (her) and the peon (me) | Seattle Times Newspaper
Old 06-12-2008, 04:29 PM

Actually the story I was told goes - Larry was required to change his name.

Thanks for the link!
Old 06-12-2008, 04:32 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschwahn View Post
Actually the story I was told goes - Larry was required to change his name. Thanks for the link!
And that might be right as well
Old 06-16-2008, 01:26 AM

A missing Habsburg?

Hello, I have here the case, in Quito, Ecuador, South America, where I live for the moment.
This chap, obviously not native, has been told many years ago, that he belongs to this illustrious family. Born around 1957, 1958 or 1959 in Europe, and kidnapped and brought here of around 3 weeks born.
He has investigated this since 1992, when he realized his origins.
Someone told him that the name Carl Ludwig is something in his life...:
1. Carl Ludwig von Habsburg, died this january.
2. His brother ROBERT Carl Ludwig von Austria-Este, duke of Modena, died in 1996. His widow lives and is, as you might know, the Princess Margherita of Savoy-Aosta.
3. His name here is that of the family that raised him, Juan Carlos Gangotena Gonzalez, quite known here, easy to get to.
4. He is not looking for titles, nor fortune, he ONLY wants to understand himself, knowing his true origins, and be happy with his wife (also european), his 4 children and his parents, if they live, brothers and cousins, in his own country. In this cases, naturally, people live a constant suffering.
5. We just expect that someone recognizes him by his photograph, nothing else.
6. Do not get confused, he is around 50 but looks much younger. The photo is from few months ago.
7. Really appreciating this space and your attention, many thanks!
Here he is, with the scalextric and train:
Old 06-16-2008, 03:44 AM
Aristocracy

I already heard a similar story, the one of Anastasia Romanov...
I know the Austria-Este and I have never heard about this thing...
Old 06-16-2008, 06:22 AM

Need to find death records for my father’s cousin

Regards to everyone, I am looking for information on a cousin of my father. He had been with us before long who died aged 48 in Dallas, Texas. I got this information from the family bible. I am looking to find his death records that can help to clear some of the disputed matters in our family. It will be a generous help if you could tell me from where I should start.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by carl franz View Post
This chap, obviously not native, has been told many years ago, that he belongs to this illustrious family. Born around 1957, 1958 or 1959 in Europe, and kidnapped and brought here of around 3 weeks born.
He has investigated this since 1992, when he realized his origins.

If this has really happened then the Habsburg-family has kept it under wraps, so the only person to contact and inquiry is Dr. Otto von Habsburg as head of the House in the 1950s. You can find the address under DasTelefonbuch – Telefonbuch – Firmenkatalog - Online-Telefonauskunft - Inverssuche - Routenplaner – Firmen gratis anrufen. Just fill in under Name Habsburg and Ort Pöcking. Then select Pöcking Kr Starnberg and you'll get phonenumber, fax and address so he may contact Dr. Otto von Habsburg.

As an add-on: there seems to be a missing Habsburg: I found the following information at: Austria which I found to be a quite reliable source:

Note: Some of the information about Albrecht and his family came from correspondence from Alexander Nikolics, who sent me the following email on March 31, 2000: "I am a member of the Hungarian Genealogy Society and research many Hungarian, Croatian and Slovak families. I was looking at your table on the Habsburg Family and should like to give you some informations. In Baron John Gudenus’s Genealogy of the Hungarian Aristocracy volume V., there is more informations on Albrecht von Habsburg 1897 -1955 then you have. Albrecht Duke of Teschen was married first to Irene Lelbach they divorced and he married second Katharine Bocskay - not a singer but a school mistress. They too divorced. In the newspapers here in 1940’s it was gossiped that Katherine tried once to shoot her husband ! I don’t know is it is true but anyway they were not together for long. In 1940’s Albrecht moved in with Georgina (Gyorgyi) Lidia Strausz - Dorner, daughter of Bela and Mitzi Dorner and step daughter of Zoltan Strausz a Grains Wholesaler and dealer who was of Jewish origin. Lidia was a singer, dancer and pianist and was said to be very beautiful. Albrecht wanted to be made the Regent Horthy’s successor and when that did not work he became a supporter of the Right wing parties. He financed the Fascist Arrow Cross Party and the Race Protection Movement. In the massacre at Voivodina Albrecht helped the perpetrators escape, maybe to get back his Serbian estate, and so with the result he had to leave the country or be arrested. The perpetrators were later all executed as war criminals.After the war Albrecht was also sought be the Communist Government as a war criminal and was also on the allies wanted list. Later in the German Archive they found that he had been a voluntary informer to the RSHA (Reich Sicherheit Haupt Amt) run by the SS and Himmler. Albrecht hid in the Dominican Republic then in Argentina and Paraguay and later again in Argentina. He lived in an assumed name of Count Sirina and travelled on a Dominican Republic and later Paraguay Passport. In 1951 he divorced Katherine Bocskay in Morales Mexico and married Lidia Strausz- Dorner in Ascuncion. In 1951 they also had a son Rudolf Stephan. I think he lives in the USA. Albrecht died from an operation to remove an ulcer in 1955. Lidia died in the USA in 1998. The Hungarian community in Buenos Aires knew about all this and Mr. Kallay of the University in Budapest said to me he had heard the same from Archduke Otto von Habsburg so maybe you can check with him the details. I think Albrecht was the only Nazi supporter in the Habsburg family and it is interesting that his third wife was step daughter of a man who was of Jewish origin. I don’t know if Rudolf Stephan has a family and I know he is not really a member of the Erzhaus because the marriage was morganatic. But if the two daughters are there so should be Rudolf Stephan. Plus in Hungary Albrecht was recognised as Prince of Hungary by Admiral Horthy. Stricting [sic] speaking so must his children be. ..... Alexander X. Nikolics."
There appears to be some doubt about parts of this, however. I quote a newsgroup posting from Daniel Willis dated 19 Jul 2001: "I have not seen the most recent edition of Starke yet, but have been told that includes information relating to the 3rd marriage of Archduke Albrecht of Austria (1897-1955) and listed a son for them. The son seems to be incorrect information that has now turned up in a couple different sources. So I want to let you know what has been done that I know of to prove/disprove this person's existence. The only information I have seen so far is that this man was supposedly born 1951 possibly in Paraguay or Argentina (Albrecht & Lidia were spending time in both places at the time). Searches for a birth certificate have not been successful, but not knowing where the birth occurred hinders that greatly...... I have been in contact with Albrecht's daughter, Sarolta Wutholen, and she has also been searching for her long-lost brother since it was first brought up to her a few years ago by a man named Ferdinand de Patay.....She is now of the opinion the child never existed, but if he does, both she and her sister are anxious to know this brother. Albrecht's nephew, Baron Paul Waldbott von Bassenheim, was his designated heir and received all of his personal papers etc..... He has verified there is no mention of a child by Lidia in any of these papers, including his will. The same information came from one Dr. Ludwig Draxler (in Vienna), who was the executor of Albrecht's estate. Mrs. Wutholen has been in contact with friends of her father from the early 50's and none of them knew anything about a child.....As for Lidia's death. I have not seen any information stating Lidia died in the US that cannot be traced back to Patay....."
Daniel Willis has continued searching for the answer and has received further information. On November 14, 2001, he sent me a message reading in part: "...I have recenly been in contact with one Georg Feuer who lives in Canada and he has informed me that his late cousin was a close associate of Archduke Albrecht's. Georg claimes the son, Rudolf Stefan (possibly Rudolfo) does indeed exist. Apparently Rudolf was raised or at least lived with Lidia's sister in California and he went to college there...." . .
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:48 AM
Nobility

Try Ancestry.com -- Browser Upgrade
Old 06-16-2008, 01:38 PM
Aristocracy

Another source can be the actual Head of Austria-Este family: Archduke Lorenz, husband of HRH Princess Astrid of Belgium.
Easier to be contacted is Lorenz`s brother Martino, who lives in Italy: go on PagineBianche.it, write Di Savoia where "cognome" is aked, and sartirana lomellina where "dove" is written.
Last but not least, an Archduke Carl Ludwig, brother of Dr. Otto and Robert Austria Este died last December in Brussels at the age of 89.
Old 06-18-2008, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
If this has really happened then the Habsburg-family has kept it under wraps...
I have been looking for such a link for 7 year's. A missing family line, off sorts. We believe my family is tied to the Habsburg . We think around about 1885-1945, when my great great grand parents lived .We have little information on them, only that my great grandfather, had lots of money and was well to do ( We know he had a title, but we do not know what sort). He travelled to America allot, and bought a very large flower mill out side of Budapest. Early DNA testing shows that there is a large chance that we have a directed line to the royal family. But wont go to deeply into that, for obvious resins .

But more then that. My grandmother , mother and I have always felt as if we were more, as if we belong to something greater then just a normal family . Our mannerisms and they way we look at life, are some what Royal if one can say such a thing. And I believe that sort of feeling, must have been bread into our family. And past down, from family member to family member. We value art, history, good taste,politics....we value this things like no family I have ever meat . Infected my grandmother's nick name at school was ( Countess) I believe there must have had some kind of truth behind that.

But who knows Hungary's history is so up and down. Finding the right documents ....well its like getting blood from a stone.
Old 06-20-2008, 12:41 AM

Habsburg deifying characteristics?

Some of you might know I am trying to find out if my family is linked to the Habsburg family , by DNA testing, this is a very long process and so , I was wondering if any of the current Habsburg family member's had any of this characteristics.

(1) Are any of the Habsburg's noted as being dyslexic ?

(2) Do any have tremors, such as essential tremors (Essential tremor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia).

(3) Are any of them noted having kyphosis. (Kyphosis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Thanks Isogecnáltrebör
Old 06-21-2008, 06:45 AM

looking for someone

does anyone know of an italian royal or a royal residing in italy first name shinnaya female about 20 years old? please let me know if u know of someone by that name
Old 06-22-2008, 06:59 PM

Coat of arms

Can any one give me any info on this coat of arms.
Attached Images

Old 06-30-2008, 10:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

Is there anyone here that is actually from Tonga? My mother´s great-uncle married a woman from Tonga. He was a sea captain called Charles Fisher born in 1855. I believe that she was not young when they married and was his third wife. They adopted a daughter and that is all I know. This aunt lived in Australia and died in Australia, but I haven´t been able to find out anything about her.
Old 07-07-2008, 12:18 AM

Toscanini/Castelbarco Family

I am trying to complete the missing pieces in my family tree of the conductor Arturo Toscanini (1867-1957).

Toscanini's eldest daughter, Wally (1900-1991), married the arts patron Count Emanuele di Castelbarco. They had one daughter, Emanuela (b.1933), who is well known both in Italy and the USA. She married Duke Filippo D'Acquarone in the 1950s. They had a son, Pierfilippo D'Acquarone born around 1956. I think he is their only child.

Questions (answers very gratefully received!) as follows:

1. Count Emanuele di Castelbarco - I would like his date of birth and date of death. Did he remarry after he and Wally divorced?
2. Duke Filippo D'Acquarone - I would like to know his date of birth. I asumme Emanuela and Duke Filippo divorced at some time. Does anyone have the year of their divorce and did he remarry? I am curious to know if he is Filippo D'Acquarone, the Italian journalist.
3. Pierfilippo D'Acquarone - Again, his date of birth please and if he married and has children.

Thanks.
CarloMaria
Old 07-07-2008, 09:01 AM
Aristocracy

Hi Carlo Maria,

I can give you following answers to your questions:

2. Duke and Count Don Luigi Filippo D'Acquarone, b. in Musella (Verona) 4.10.1922 d. 1993, m. 1) Milan 12.04.1956 Donna Emanuela of the Counts Castelbarco Pindemonte Rezzonico (b. Lugano 19.06.1933, dau. of Emanuele and Wally Toscanini); m. 2) Maria Emma De Luca, b. in Sanremo 1932, d. Verona 17.02.04, sons of the 1st wife is

3. Duke and Count Don Pier Filippo D'Acquarone, Head of the Ducal House, journalist, b. in New York 26.01.1956, m. 1) Donna Letizia Gallarati-Scotti of the Princes of Molfetta; 2) he married a second time but I do not know the name of the wife. Sons of the 2nd wife: Count Don Zeno; Count Don Vittore.

1. I did not find informations confirming the wedding of Count Don Emanuele Castelbarco Pindenmonte Rezzonico with Wally Toscanini; in the book of the Italian Nobility there ist only Emanuele b. in Milan 13.01.1884, d. 11.01.1964, he married Ercolina Erba (d. in Milan 7.05.1959).

I hope these informations can help you, have a good day,

Count
Old 07-07-2008, 10:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlomaria View Post
I am curious to know if he is Filippo D'Acquarone, the Italian journalist.
He is. He works for the Berlusconi owned network Mediaset, as an anchorman for Rete 4.

Filippo d'Acquarone

There's also a videoclip of him here from the satyrical TV show "Striscia la Notizia". The video starts automatically.

Tags
adel, british, caumont, francois, germany, grabowski, henri, inheritance, jenison-walworth, la force, lineage, marquis de castelneau, mecklenburg-strelitz, multiple, raugraf von heidelberg, royal, royal poland lineage revolution 1900, scottish, secret, the bourg family titles?