The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-28-2012, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan
Ancestry.com may be good place for you to start. Good Luck!
Thank you but I have tried and you need to pay to access documents and we are quite short on money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine
Is this thread about anything factual or is it just fantasy/fiction originating with Dan Brown and some people apparently not understanding that he is a writer of fiction?
No, not at all. I got these stories from my mother and my whole family knows about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarlucy
I've heard of the secret bloodline relating to Mary Magdelene but this isn't what I was thinking about when I made the comment. It's possible that there might be a secret royal bloodline one that no one knews about...
These are my thoughts exactly, thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarlucy
Since many male royals and noblemen over the centuries fathered children from woman who came from different ethnic, religious and cultural backgrounds, it quite possible that there are other royal bloodlines from these children.
It would be interesting if one could find out how many in the US or what percentage of American citizens have royal blood running through their veins.
I wonder that too....In that case there may be many out there like myself.

Old 06-28-2012, 11:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessSerena View Post
I am related to about two fairly notable people from my mother's side...I sometimes wonder if we are descended from Royalty...
Your family stories may well be fantacies, but if on the off chance there is something to it and you want some help you would need to give us specific names and dates as a starting point.

Old 06-28-2012, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Your family stories may well be fantacies, but if on the off chance there is something to it and you want some help you would need to give us specific names and dates as a starting point.
My surname is Thrasher and the family from my mother's side is Corredor.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:54 PM
Heir Apparent

OK, and what country is your supposed royal descent from, and what time period are we talking about? Any idea which royal person or at least royal family you are supposed to descent from.
Old 07-01-2012, 03:24 PM

Melsa any relations to Romanov family?

I am looking up my step fathers family history and I know very little about his mother's side of the family, just a rumor that she may have been related to the Romoanov's. Her maiden name was Melsa as far as we know. Anything would be helpful. Thanks so much
Old 07-03-2012, 06:33 AM

Hello everyone !

I have a portrait greetings card/photo of the family of Baron von Maasburg I believe, it's postmarked 24 Dec 1918 and was taken in Vienna, it is signed ??Maasburg. Can anyone shed any light on this family.
I have posted the pictures under Maasburg on the flckr phot website.

Maasburg family circa 1918 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Moderators, please accept my apologies for possibly posting this in the wrong place. This was the only thread I could find that had a mention of the Maasburg name.

Thankyou for any help offered.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
OK, and what country is your supposed royal descent from, and what time period are we talking about? Any idea which royal person or at least royal family you are supposed to descent from.
Hmm....I am not sure....Probably Spain or England. My grandmother's maiden name was Reagan and my mother's maiden name is Rojas.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:59 PM

Portugal royal family question

I actually posted this exact thing 4 years ago on this website but was redirected and never visited again, and here i am asking! hope someone can answer.

hey guys, its my first post here and just a question. Anybody knows of any portuguese royalty that was possible disowned? family story blah blah, im sure u guys have heard it, the one that goes, "are family was royal blood but are family member was disowned for marrying someone not of royalty". i took it for a grain of salt until a couple of years ago someone approached my mother saying he had found her on ancestry.com and my mother and him figured out how we were related and i guess he had the same great grandfather of me. well to tie this all together he told this same story but in more detail and actually named the person. so if someone could help me that would be awesome because everywhere else everyones like "these are just family myths ". i want to find out how i could actually get documentation. should i get dna testing done? how could that help? thanks

~ignorance is the root and stem of every evil~ - plato
Old 10-21-2012, 10:22 PM
Courtier

You can find the information and documentalion yourself. It does take some digging but can be very rewarding. Start with yourself. Get your birth records. The state where you were born should have them. Then if you were baptized in a church get copies of those records. Next, get copies of your parents records, including marriage records. Using that data go back the next generation and just keep progressing one generation at a time. See where it leads. Under www.familysearch.org you will find list of locat LDS Family Libraries. They are a great help and they will teach you how to use their facilities Sometimes it can be like looking for a needle in a haystack. Census records can be very helpful. Happy hunting.

To add to my post, be very sure you are accurate. Right now we have discovered three men with the exact name, born in the same year, in 3 different towns in our state. It is in my husbands family. As it turns out, the parents were actually brothers. So you must be sure you are adding the correct person to your tree. We sorted it out by using census records that listed residence and siblings. I use the LDS family tree program, available on www.familysearch.org.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:31 PM
Commoner

RDS, you might visit the Portuguese databases available for free at familysearch here:

https://www.familysearch.org/search/...ntryId=1927058

But absolutely start with yourself and your parents and grandparents first and work back. It's not advisable to work forward - too many chances of errors.

Good luck!
Old 11-19-2012, 02:36 PM
Nobility

My Hawai'ian great-grandfather came to the mainland shortly after annexation, though several of my Hawai'ian great-grandfather's siblings instead remained on O'ahu and married other hapa. My grandmother hid the fact of her Hawai'ian heritage, probably because in Oregon, where she was born and raised, there was a law that made it illegal for a white person to marry anyone 1/4 or more Hawai'ian, and that was on the books until 1951, the year my parents were married. My brother and I discovered recently that my great-grandparents and grandparents all secretly were married in Washington state, where a similar law was repealed in 1889.
It was only after my grandmother's death in 1975 that I discovered our Hawai'ian ancestry. I have been trying to learn as much about it as I can ever since. I wish I could find out more about my family there, but since I did not grow up in Hawai'i learning about genealogy, etc. from family, information seems impossible to come by.
I did find my family, the Voellers, living behind Kawaiahao Church in 1895. From what I can discover, the German men who married Hawai'ian women in my family were often later left by them, possibly due to disagreements on the overthrow of the monarchy, the annexation, etc.
I am fascinated by the monarchy, the last Queen, and possible remaining royal family members, but in my readings about it, including this thread, it's all very confusing!
Old 12-03-2012, 03:23 AM

I am looking into my ancestry.

I am looking for information about the Colish family that lived in Budapest, Hungary during the 1800s. My great times two grandmother was born in Budapest and she married an orphan who's first name was Andrew. I don't know anything else about them before they came to the U.S. Could someone help me find out more about them? Thank you. It is greatly appriciated.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:10 PM
Gentry

Could your ancestors have come from Hawaii prior to the Overthrown during the era of the Fur Trade? Many Hawaiians came over and settled in the Pacific Northwest in British Columbia, Washington and Oregon around the time. This academic article by the Hawaiian Historical Society talks about Hawaiians in British Columbia and how they were denied rights in the Oregon Territory because of their skin color http://evols.library.manoa.hawaii.ed...pdf?sequence=1. A lot of places in the Northwest are named after Hawaiians like the Owyhee River or the town of Kalama, Washington. There is a book called Kanaka: The Untold Story of Hawaiian Pioneers in British Columbia and the Pacific Northwest Kanaka: The Untold Story of Hawaiian Pioneers in British Columbia and the Pacific Northwest: Tom Koppel: 9781551102955: Amazon.com: Books
Old 12-16-2012, 11:45 PM
Nobility

I also have Hawaiian ancestors and there is quite a bit of evidence of Hawaiian culture in this area (Wasington State.) My great grandfather came in about 1900, but we were never told why. Possibly due to all the unrest then in the islands. I will have to see if I can get the book you mentioned.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:00 PM

I am trying to find my true family name, starting with the identity of my great-great grandparents. Their names are unknown, only that they were executed in St. Petersburg, Russia during the revolution / Civil War and may or may not have been among the nobility.

My great-grandfather was born in St. Petersburg circa 1908. After his parents were executed, his name was changed and he was smuggled out of Russia into nearby Latvia. I do not know if he kept his first name or changed it, but his last name was changed for his protection. Near the end of WWII, he clandestinely led his family out of Latvia to Allied territory in Germany, and eventually emigrated to the U.S. in 1949.

I am not too familiar with Russian history, but the reasons to believe his parents may have been among the nobility or some other important class:

*his daughter (my great aunt) remembers expensive gold framed portraits/paintings of my great-great grandparents in her childhood home in Latvia (where she lived 1934-1944); presumably my great grandfather brought these from Russia...however they and other family heirlooms were lost when the family fled Latvia in 1944

*my great grandfather spoke high russian, or modern russian, whichever the language was used by the wealthier classes, and not the peasants ... he used this to his advantage many times when speaking with Russian officers over the years

*his parents were executed during the Revolution and/or Civil War, so political motives seem likely

*original name was changed for his protection

--------

I will try to track down whatever information I can find, mostly because I would like to know my real family surname (this is my father's father's father's parents) ... and apparently our last name was invented for my great-grandfather's protection.

Does anyone have a comprehensive list of the upper classes who were executed in St. Petersburg post-1917?

More information (not 100% sure on all of this, but it's what I have right now):

Great-great grandparents lived in St. Petersburg late 1800's - early 1900's
identities unknown, possibly members of the nobility

Great-grandfather was born in St. Petersburg circa 1908

he had one brother, Harry, and two sisters, Janina and Vilhelmina
(I do not know if these are their original names) ... their dates of birth are unknown

my great-great grandparents were executed in the Revolution and/or Civil War; after that, the kids were smuggled out of Russia (possibly with valuable belongings) and their identities were changed for their protection

they were raised by different foster families -- my great grandfather grew up with the Strod family, possibly near Daugavpils, Latvia, and the others were placed elsewhere

my great-grandfather's identity was changed for his protection, he was given false identification, his Latvian passport stated he was born at Viski, Latvia, but he was in fact born in St. Petersburg, Russia ... it is unclear whether he kept his first name or not, but his last name was certainly changed

he joined the Latvian army and married a Latvian woman (my great grandmother) from Daugavpils municipality in 1933

they had two children, my great aunt (born 1934), and my grandfather (born 1939)

as adults, my great-grandfather was briefly reunited with some or all of his siblings ... but according to my great aunt, his brother Harry went missing even before 1944 and was never heard from again ... after the family fled Latvia in 1944 (or possibly sooner) my great grandfather also permanently lost contact with his sisters Janina and Vilhelmina

my great-aunt remembers expensive heirlooms, most notably large, gold framed portraits and paintings of her grandparents, located in her childhood home in Latvia 1934-1944, that my great-grandfather presumably brought with him from Russia

all of this was lost when my great grandfather, great grandmother, grandfather, and great aunt fled Latvia in 1944 upon the Soviet invasion

---------

The only speculation I have right now is whether or not the family had any connections to Sweden, or whether the people who saved the children may have been Swedish ... because Vilhelmina seems to be a Swedish name and "Viski" (on my great-grandfather's passport) might have a Swedish connection, as there is apparently a Viske parish in Sweden
Old 12-29-2012, 02:02 PM
Commoner

May I ask, how did you manage to Register an Identity, such as, Unknown?
Old 12-29-2012, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Yasmine S View Post
May I ask, how did you manage to Register an Identity, such as, Unknown?
I typed in "Unknown" when it asked for a username.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Have you all tried a trip to your local library? Our local library has a HUGE data base that supports genealogical study, sponsors a group for people searching for ancestors, has mad skills with online resources and generally does all that they can to help in personal studies.

If you have not visited your local library, or the library of where you family came from - give it a shot. You may be delighted with the outcome as you do research.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:19 PM

Finding a record of Joseph Ottokar Brozovsky, Prague

Hello there,

I am searching for some or any information about my great-grandfather Joseph Ottokar Brozovsky born Prague 24th March 1852

many thanks for any help with this.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:54 AM
Aristocracy

Thank you very much for the information. If someone can confirm or contribute some information more or photos it, one would be grateful for it very much. Regards

Tags
adel, british, caumont, francois, germany, grabowski, henri, inheritance, jenison-walworth, la force, lineage, marquis de castelneau, mecklenburg-strelitz, multiple, raugraf von heidelberg, royal, royal poland lineage revolution 1900, scottish, secret, the bourg family titles?