The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-15-2010, 05:54 PM
Serene Highness

It's possible but you would have to research the last name.

Old 09-16-2010, 11:30 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fankick View Post
So... my last name is Barone, and in Italian that means "Baron". Is there any possiblity that I could have an ancestor that was royalty at some point just because of my last name?

~Fan
Barone is a very common name of the South of Italy, nothing to do with nobility.

Old 10-02-2010, 08:18 AM

Question on Royal Family in Dubai can anyone help

Hi I don't know if I am doing this correctly.
I am trying to locate my friend who married into the Royal Family in Dubai.
Her name is Bessie, she married Sheikh Mansour/Mansoor Al-Thani and had two boys, one Ahmed and the other child I do not know the name of.
If anyone is living in Dubai, or can help me try to locate them, I would be so grateful.
Christina
Old 10-06-2010, 12:18 PM
Serene Highness

Anyone have information on the Dowager Countess of Antrim, Louisa McConnell? My great-great grandfather was in service to her in the late 1800s. I am trying to track down descendants to see if they have kept information on their servants.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:47 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

She was born in 1855, daughter of Sir Charles Gray, private secretary to Prince Albert and Queen Victoria. She married in 1875 to William Randal McDonnell, 6th Earl of Antrim (1851–1918), with whom she had two sons and a daughter; the eldest son, the 7th Earl, predeceased her.
She became in 1890 Lady of the Bedchamber to Queen Victoria and later to Queen Alexandra, until 1910. She died 39 years later, in 1949.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:33 PM
Serene Highness

MAfan,

Thank you for this information. May I ask where you found these facts?
Old 10-07-2010, 04:39 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by krissuk View Post
Hi I don't know if I am doing this correctly.
I am trying to locate my friend who married into the Royal Family in Dubai.
Her name is Bessie, she married Sheikh Mansour/Mansoor Al-Thani and had two boys, one Ahmed and the other child I do not know the name of.
If anyone is living in Dubai, or can help me try to locate them, I would be so grateful.
Christina
Dear Christina,

Al-Thani family is the ruling family of Qatar, the person you are looking for could be Sheikh Mansoor bin Muhammad bin Jabor Al-Thani, who actually has 3 sons: Muhammad, Ahmad, Abd'ullah.
There are many living "Mansur" in this family, please PM me and I will write how you can contact the family.
Old 10-07-2010, 08:38 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasillisos Markos View Post
MAfan,

Thank you for this information. May I ask where you found these facts?
Wikipedia
Old 10-07-2010, 12:46 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAfan View Post
Wikipedia
I thought so but wanted to be sure. I wonder if there is some other source which is deemed more accurate and reliable. Thanks for your help.
Old 10-07-2010, 05:14 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Yes, I agree with you, Wikipedia isn't always the best source, but it appears that only Wikipedia has a biography of her (at least I've been able to find only that).
Btw, the Countess of Antrim's diaries from 1891 to 1910 has been published in the UK in 1979, edited by Elizabeth Longford, but I don't know the exact title of the book.
Old 10-07-2010, 08:57 PM
Serene Highness

Wow, thank you for that information. I will try to find that book. Maybe she mentions her coachman in the diaries (that would be my great great grandfather).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAfan View Post
Yes, I agree with you, Wikipedia isn't always the best source, but it appears that only Wikipedia has a biography of her (at least I've been able to find only that).
Btw, the Countess of Antrim's diaries from 1891 to 1910 has been published in the UK in 1979, edited by Elizabeth Longford, but I don't know the exact title of the book.
Louisa, Lady in Waiting. I just purchased a used copy on Amazon. Thanks so much for the information -- the review of the book makes it sound so interesting. Apparently Louisa would travel with Queens Victoria and Alexandra and gives rare insights into the royal world out of the public eye.
Old 10-17-2010, 01:48 AM

The True Lineage

I have been doing a genealogy research project trying to "legally verify" a story told to our family while at a "family reunion". I was only 12 yrs. old at the time.
My G Grandmother Antoinette (Brodak,maiden name) Mc Dermott and the ladies were talking at the picnic table and one of them stated that she was wondering if the "family story" about the lineage to the "French Throne" was true.
G grandma Toni said " the real Marie Therese-Charlotte,daughter of Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette did in fact escape from the prison by having someone impersonate her,and take her place in the cell. She was spirited away back to her Hapburg grandparents. She said "we" are decendants of her.She showed us the family "Carte Blanche" card to prove her story.

From what I've been able to find in church records,etc. through a professional researcher in Europe I've found out that my G grandmother was born in Breslau,Germany in 1874. Her mother Ottilia was also born in Breslau in 1854.There are also records of Ottilia's mother, Mathilde marrying a man named Schindler,and Ottilia's babtismal records both together on the same entry from the Catholic Church. We haven't been able to trace it "any" further back to Mathilde's birth records yet,but we're figuring she was born around 1830.
" Mathilde would have been the granddaughter of Marie Therese Charlotte who left France in 1794".
Anyone who is willing to help search further,or if you want details,names,dates,etc. please contact me.
Old 10-29-2010, 08:03 PM

I need some help tracing my family tree. My moms maiden name was beam and the beams had a man named Micheal beam in their ancestry. Micheal married Sarah Rudolph who was daughter of Rudolph I of Germany. He was in the house of habsburg which later on moved to habsburg- lorraine which went to lorraine. I just wanted to know which line of lorraines I would be in
Old 10-29-2010, 09:21 PM
Commoner

The important thing to remember when tracing your family tree back this far is that the last name will constantly change. The reason for this is the last name really wasn't a last name but a way of addressing where the person was born. Hadsburg is in I believe what is now Germany. This area was part of eastern Francia before 1100. This whole area was taken over by the Franks. Before that it was part of the Holy Roman Empire. With your ancestor being a King in this area it is very well possible you are related to Charlemaine "The Holy Roman Emperor"
Old 10-31-2010, 04:48 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by beam heir josh View Post
Sarah Rudolph who was daughter of Rudolph I of Germany.
No she wasn't.
Rudolph I had 5 daughters named Mathilda, Katharina, Agnes, Clementia and Guta.

Now according to your other post in the Member Introductions, Sarah Rudolph was born in 1705. Rudolph I wasn't alive then.
Old 12-08-2010, 12:46 PM

Need a little help

Ok so I was recently told that my grandmother was Wilhelm the seconds 3rd cousin is there ways to find that out or is that impossible? I am trying to put my family together but I only have few names and things that I've been told which I have no idea if they are true and I have no idea how to go about finding anything like this.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:07 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Cugini di 3o grado di Wilhelm II von Hohenzollern
Here is a list of the third cousins of German Emperor Wilhelm II; it contains the names of almost all of them and of one of their parents, so maybe you can check here if there is the name of your grandmother or of one of her parents.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:04 PM
Aristocracy

Exclamation Elizabeth II has another child named Lady Tanya?

Hi, I noticed on geni.com -- under the public profile of Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom a person has put herself under children of Elizabeth II and Philip. She calls herself Lady Tanya-Powell Windsor. Does anyone know anything about her -- she was quite snooty when I asked her how the hell she was a daughter of Elizabeth II. Am I missing something? I thought all her children were listed and accounted for. I tried searching for her -- just a bunch of self made pages. Is this like another Lady Elizabeth Cragg Windsor? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Old 12-28-2010, 03:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Meg View Post
Hi, I noticed on geni.com -- under the public profile of Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom a person has put herself under children of Elizabeth II and Philip. She calls herself Lady Tanya-Powell Windsor. Does anyone know anything about her -- she was quite snooty when I asked her how the hell she was a daughter of Elizabeth II. Am I missing something? I thought all her children were listed and accounted for. I tried searching for her -- just a bunch of self made pages. Is this like another Lady Elizabeth Cragg Windsor? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

If you think logically how could the Queen hide a pregnancy and thus another child?
Old 12-29-2010, 11:24 PM
Aristocracy

Now claims to be a niece..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
If you think logically how could the Queen hide a pregnancy and thus another child?
That's what I said.. and then she claimed to be a niece but that's not possible either because there is only one niece.. Lady Sarah Chatto, related by blood to the Queen. This is all on the geni.com public web page for Queen Elizabeth II so someone is being an impost-er and posting false information which should be taken down! People use this web page for genealogy purposes and out there I'm sure some idiot has now put her on their tree as being a child or niece. It plainly calls her a daughter of Elizabeth and thus her children have been added as descendants of Elizabeth II as well.

She even yelled at me when I asked how she could be a niece and the fact that only Lady Sarah could be the Queen's niece.. and was like 'who are you to question me.. go ask Harry, William, or even the Queen.' Yeah -- ok.. seriously.. what is going on with these people online?? She can't be a niece by marriage.. because there is NO Lady Tanya in Prince Philip's family.

Elizabeth II Alexandra Mary of Great Britain, Ireland and of The British Dominions Beyond The Seas, Queen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland (Windsor) - Celebrity Genealogy - Geni

Tags
adel, british, caumont, francois, germany, grabowski, henri, inheritance, jenison-walworth, la force, lineage, marquis de castelneau, mecklenburg-strelitz, multiple, raugraf von heidelberg, royal, royal poland lineage revolution 1900, scottish, secret, the bourg family titles?