Who is your favorite member of the Belgian Royal Family?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Who is your favorite member of the Belgian Royal Family

• King Albert II

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Queen Paola

Votes: 24 10.9%
  • Prince Phillipe

Votes: 13 5.9%
  • Princess Mathilde

Votes: 87 39.5%
  • Prince Laurent

• Princess Claire

Votes: 6 2.7%
  • Princess Astrid, Archduchess of Austria Este

Votes: 17 7.7%
  • Prince Lorenz, Archduke of Austria Este

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Queen Fabiola

Votes: 37 16.8%
  • Prince Amadeo

Votes: 26 11.8%
  • Princess Maria Laura

• Total voters

stephanievl

Heir Apparent
City
n/a
Country
Belgium
I am curious to find out who is your favorite member of the Belgian royal family?
And why do you like he/she the most? :flowers:

At the moment the member of the family I like best is the King actually. He seems to be good natured and perfectly suited for Belgium. I also liked it that he did not walk away from duty when his brother unexpectedly died, as many were expecting him to do. That the King gets very little negative press in a country where parts of the press are using everything they can get to weaken the monarchy/country is quite an accomplishment. Also his role during the Dutroux scandal was admirable.

So for me: Albert II, though I have a weak spot for Laurent too, dispite everything...

As for the deceased royals my favourite is Queen Elisabeth of the Belgians, nee Dss in Bavaria, such a colourfull woman!

-
Nice topic btw, Stephanie!

My favorite member is the king. He stands close to the citizens. Is always in a good mood and always has a joke to tell. He has a heart warming personality.
Mathilde is also my favorite, I like the way she interacts with the puclic. Especcilay with childern and she is such a gracefull, charming woman.
And ofcourse I like Amedeo, i find him verry handsome in first place, we have almost the same age, I think he wouls be a lovely friend with a warm personallity, friendly, ..

my favourite royal woul be amedeo, handsome, friendly and everything you would expect in prince charming.
otherwise i like the king- dignified and regal.

Queen Fabiola and Prince Laurent

My favourite Royals are King Albert. Like Marengo, I am impressed by his position during the Dutroux scandal. I can't remember him being involved in any major scandal, or anything that could hurt his country or the monarchy.

Another favourite of mine is Queen Fabiola, I trully admire this grand Lady.

Of the deceased Royals, I really like Queen Astrid, the Snow Princess. She seems to have been a very gentle and caring personality.

Last edited:
Empress created a poll for this thread where you can cast your vote on who is your favourite Belgian royal.

I vote for Prince Philippe, because he seems like a really nice guy. Not into trouble or Cheating on his wife. and he's really a good father. I think he'll make a really good king one day.

Princesse Maria-Laura and Prince Amedeo...they're handsome

I voted for Queen Fabiola, she was always my favourite, with her husband of course.

My favorite is queen paola, she is a beautiful woman.

I also like Amedeo.

Queen Paola just strikes me as so down to earth. She seems to love her family, support her husband and love her country and the people.
It's lovely to see her.
Belgians must be very proud to have her as their queen.
I think she is just lovely.

I love Queen Paola.But I admire Queen Fabiola because she is so regal.I love her hairdo.So Queenly.But I think that is for the Royal fashion part.I love Crown Princess Mathilde because she is beautiful and kind.I hope she is happy.As for Princess Claire I like her too.I thank God, she seems she will never become the wild Fergie type.Infact at times she is like Sophie of Wessex.

I really like them all, honestly. I love Queen Fabiola, she and her late husband are one of my favorite Royal couples ever. They were so sweet, dignified and devoted to one another right up to the end.

CP Mathilde is in my opinion the most regal of all the European CP's. She is a born noblewoman and it shows in everything she says and does. Her children look like cherubs, I think little Princess Elisabeth will be a great Queen someday.

Princess Astrid and her her husband and children are also a family of which the Belgians should be proud. They have represented the dynasty well and have never put a step wrong.

I really admire the current King and Queen for making the courageous choice to work through their marriage difficulties and not to divorce. They both have overcome rather sordid pasts and they now have the most solid marriage.

I generally like Laurent best but I voted for Claire. She's always the picture of quiet cheerful dignity in, dare I say it, the face of genuine adversity.

I like Princess Astrid best. She just seems so warm and happy.

I voted for Mathilde! I'm also intrigued by Phillipe because he's such an enigma.

My vote goes to Queen Fabiola. She is a wonderful lady.

I really like what Princess Mathilde has brought to the BRF. She has a wonderful sense of refinement and class coupled with a warmth and charm that doesnt seem stuffy or calculated.

Last edited:
My favorite is Queen Fabiola. Her husband, King Baudoin, was a great King.

My favorite is Queen Fabiola. Her husband, King Baudoin, was a great King.

Hi JulieS...I just want to say that that is my favorite photo ever of Queen Katherine of Aragon...I first saw it at age 13. I was a great admirer of hers and started reading everything I could get my hands on.

And ITA...I love Queen Fabiola and King Baudouin. They are an inspiration to me for what true and lasting love looks like.

Hi JulieS...I just want to say that that is my favorite photo ever of Queen Katherine of Aragon...I first saw it at age 13. I was a great admirer of hers and started reading everything I could get my hands on.

I am also a great admirer of Queen Catherine of Aragon.

I really like what Princess Mathilde has brought to the BRF. She has a wonderful sense of refinement and class coupled with a warmth and charm that doesnt seem stuffy or calculated.

Well said. I don't know much about the BRF but I do know that I like Princess Mathilde. She is the epitome of class.:flowers:

I like Prince Amedeo because i want to know more about him

Back
Top Bottom